1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Former NBA Point Guard Sebastian Telfair Sentenced 3.5 Years for Gun Possession

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Clips/Roxfan, Aug 12, 2019.

1. Nook

Nook Member

He has mental health issues. He never became a star because he had serious personal issues.

He has had trouble before with illegal gun possession. He claimed then he didn’t know how the gun ended up in his car.

Now he gets busted for having a gas powered semi automatic machine gun and vest in a state where it is illegal and again he can only speculate on how the guns ended up in his vehicle.

If dude cannot keep track of his guns, he doesn’t deserve to have them.., and his bipolar ass sure doesn’t need to be driving around with a semi automatic machine gun in NY.

There also doesn’t need to be any reciprocity between NY and FL. If the citizen in NY don’t want people driving around with machine guns on them, that is their right.

King1, likestohypeguy, Jontro and 7 others like this.
  2. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

He's a saint. :/

3. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

He's black. In our criminal justice system I'm shocked he didn't get the death penalty.

Jontro and UTSA2step like this.
  4. YOLO

YOLO Member

what he got caught with

[​IMG]

Pistol Pete, FrontRunner and JuNx like this.
  5. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Coulda gone the rest of my life without reading Dude say he was waiting on his daughter to ride the cotton pony.

6. Normalus

Normalus Member

And it took them 2 years to make this sentence. Which means he has like 1.5 year left, I suppose.

Jontro likes this.
  7. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Wow @ the many faces that appear in this video:

JR Smith, Rajon Rondo, Al Jefferson, Shaun Livingston, Dwight Howard, Josh Smith, and Carmelo Anthony among other soon to not be in the NBA again circles.

Funny how out of all those kids that became All-Stars only JR, Rajon, and Shaun became NBA champions and two of those three not as superstars or even stars of their respective teams.

Jontro likes this.
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Roc Paint likes this.
  9. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

You guys gotta realize where this happened …. NY has some of the strictest gun laws around. It aint like here in Texas where you can own literally any weapon without a license. We think that's nuts …. that's the way it is there.

"Assault weapons" are banned.(that's funny , what weapon isn't an assault weapon)

You have to have a license to carry , possess or own a "hand gun." (that means having it in your damn house).

They also DON'T honor out of state CHL's. If you are going to New York , leave your irons at home ...

And their laws are pretty punitive when you are caught in violation.

10. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I'm not a gun enthusiast (in a family full of them), but it's odd that in Texas you can open-carry in many places and are considered a modern-day Augustus McCrae hero but in another state if you even own a gun you get 3.5 years.

I'm glad some place has stricter laws, but the disparity is glaring.

11. Agent94

Agent94 Member

I just watch an episode of Adam Ruins Everything where they were talking about how gun laws are racist. This pretty much lines up with what he was saying.

12. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

The NRA would argue that he should be able to own a gun in his car and the NY laws are against the constitution.

13. Nook

Nook Member

Yes but he is also rich (The OJ Rule) and somewhat famous.

If he was "Telfair the black moving truck worker" he would have been gunned down in the street and accused of running a white slavery ring.

Pizza_Da_Hut likes this.
  14. Clips/Roxfan

Clips/Roxfan Member

Watch Sebastian, Shaun, Josh, Dwight and others from their 2004 class get drafted.

Jontro likes this.
  15. YOLO

YOLO Member

16. Hardy Toll Road

Looks like he has rabies

17. Asian Sensation

New York not Are kansas.

18. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

I know it’s not in Arkansas, but I’m somewhat confident he won’t serve 100% of that

19. Jontro

Jontro Member

thought breh would be a superstar back then. then a few years later he was having trouble sticking with teams, which i was so baffled about.

20. i3artow i3aller