1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

jeffrey epstein

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Feb 7, 2019.

1. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Not once in my post did I defend him. You're framing this in a way to feel self-righteous but you're absolutely wrong that it's my "side" and it's not your place to build strawmen like that. lol

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

You defend him by criticizing actions of far less relevant people for the same exact actions the Individual with arguably the most authority and clout on the planet has performed.

See, in the realm of interent banter, when a group of wealthy powerful people (Donald, Bill)have many connections to a powerful Individual known for sex trafficking and those said two powerful Individuals are known for their libido, I EXPECT unverified conjecture. It's a given.

Before Trump, it was unfathomable that the POTUS would delve into unverified conjecture so willy nilly. Usually the President's word has some sort of levity behind it. Any accusations by some one with that level of influence is expected to make accusations when it is not only backed by conjecture but with some verifiable evidence.

In the interent realm, speculation is run rampant. It's a given and people will speculate. It's a duty of the president to not to give into baseless speculation because then those baseless speculation a have gravitas behind it.

I'm sure you are perfectly fine with the baseless speculation of the Clintons being involved. I understand it. I'm fine with it to because I just accept that is how things will play out in the interent. I do find it very irresponsible for someone like the president to give in.

#542 fchowd0311, Aug 12, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
  3. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

You are objectively wrong. Nice try to weasel out of it.

4. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I don't have any pet theory on what happened here, suicide or assisted suicide or murder, Clinton vs Trump, or whatever. I've got no way to tell. But, this is a royal screw-up by the facility -- incompetence or corruption. Part of the failure is the justice denied to victims, but that's not all of it. The other part is the testimony that potentially could have compromised others. Given the potential, exactly what happened to allow his death needs both careful scrutiny and a public accounting. It would be bad to leave it with the public thinking something dirty happened. Even as it is, whoever is ultimately held accountable will be considered a fall guy by some people anyway. They'll have to work to convince people they are merely incompetent.

Blatz, mdrowe00 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  5. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

mdrowe00 likes this.
  6. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

You think they weren't actively watching El Chapo 24/7 ?

Nook and biff17 like this.
  7. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Why was his cellmate taken away right before he committed suicide? Everything about this is just too damn convenient.

8. mick fry

mick fry Member

Why did he even have a cellmate? Only cellmate he should have had was an armed guard with several cameras. It’s the swamp, this will go away and nobody will pay, just watch.

9. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

They actually require inmates on suicide watch to have a roommate, apparently. It apparently helps prevent suicide.

10. cml750

cml750 Member

11. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Let's talk about this one. It should read people who know the Clintons and die are then posthumously accused of having dirt on the Clintons. We know that some of the allegations that people had dirt turned out to not be true. We also know that some of the people had already spilled the dirt they had so their death in no way benefited the Clintons.

Nook and justtxyank like this.
  12. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

You can't talk about that one without realizing it comes from the Babylon Bee which is akin to The Onion.

13. mick fry

mick fry Member

No need to talk, you wouldn’t believe it no matter how much evidence is stacked so what’s the point.
    [​IMG]

cml750 and dachuda86 like this.
  14. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Vince Foster says hi.

15. cml750

cml750 Member

Relax and laugh a little bit. The Babylon Bee is a satire site.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  16. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Oops. My bad. Sorry.

...edited because I was wrong...

cml750 likes this.
  17. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

I was totally wrong. I am pleasantly surprised that you posted the satire. Well done.

cml750 likes this.
  18. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Odds trump retweets this at the 19th...

19. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Don't look to me to rationalize, I think Epstein was being handled by an intelligence agency with at least 'Good 'ol Boy' connections inside the US services or the DOJ. His predilections were too common knowledge and connections too important not to be exploited; for insider trading if not State secrets.

20. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Things like this is why their is a crack in the fundamental foundation of our nation.
    People believe the social contract of our society is routinely violated
    The amount of trust in social and governmental institutions are crumbling at an amazing rate.

Rocket River