1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Vaccines

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Lurch, Aug 9, 2019.

1. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm happy for you to not get vaccinated if it really upsets you.... so long as you go full hermit, build a cabin in the woods, and never have contact with the vaccinated human race again in your life. Otherwise, you are Mary Mallon.

There is no collective memory. This bull**** becomes a viable con for the Andrew Wakefields of the world just about the time the last of the polio iron lung kids drop out of the public consciousness.

#21 Ottomaton, Aug 9, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2019
    Nook and mdrowe00 like this.
  2. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This

3. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

This too.

4. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

Hmmm not sure why that would be.

Anyway, women need to have kids, if they want to do so, in their prime fertile years, which is about 17-27, more or less.

There are a lot of people talking about how autism results from later years child birth, but you won't see it in the MSM. The PC imperative won't let something like that be discussed.

The tie-in is that many people have said and alleged that vaccines cause autism. But that's erroneous as far as I can tell.

Well, of course not. Our society (and therefore our government) is run by the gynocentric powers that be; you won't hear any red pill truths from them.

da_juice likes this.
  5. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Maybe autistic kids is just the price of freedom.

BruceAndre, biff17 and mdrowe00 like this.
  6. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

There's no dilemma. Not vaccinating yourself and/or your children is dangerous and incredibly f***ing stupid.

Yung-T and jsingles like this.
  7. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Age of the mother account for less than 5% of factors linked to autism. And of course no one know yet the cause.

Bad data in -> bad opinion out.

Nook, malakas and No Worries like this.
  8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

interesting

Rocket River

9. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

It does sound harsh, I agree. I'm not even fully sure how I feel about it, but as in my earlier post... not getting vaccinated is kind of like pooping in a public place -- not necessarily bad for the pooper but definitely not good for the community. At present (guess it could change!) we don't have the "freedom" to poop wherever we want. (Well.... except in smelly San Francisco.)

10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Government forcing things on people to an extent always makes me a little concerned
    One Minute its vaccines the next it is microchips

Rocket River

11. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Well, then, go ahead and poop outdoor, but just not in public place, or any places that have a good chance of leaking into public utility.

I wouldn't go so far as forcing. I would however go as far as banning non-medical exempt un-vaccinated folks from public places and places of mass gathering.

malakas likes this.
  12. B-Bob

Hey. If a microchip implanted meant no more PASSWORDS or dual authentication bullshit, sign me up. :D

JuanValdez and Sajan like this.
  13. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

You guys Bruce and Pgabs are so ignorant about autism you probably shouldn’t comment. Also, I know you aren’t women but I figured you knew some. Every woman who gets older who wants a baby will tell you that their doctor has told them about increased risks

There’s no coverup

Nook, Rashmon, Buck Turgidson and 3 others like this.
  14. Newlin

Newlin Member

The world before vaccines was a much scarier place. Most people in the U.S. are too young to remember those times.

When I was young my father took my brother and me to many Rice University sporting events. At the basketball games there was always a man seated in a wheelchair near the Rice bench. My father would always stop and say hello to the man. My father told me they had been classmates together while at Rice. The man was terribly paralyzed and was in bad shape. He suffered from polio.

My father told me what a great guy this fellow was and how sad it was that he had been stricken with this horrible disease. My parents often spoke about all the diseases that people suffered with when they were children, and that we were so lucky to have vaccines to protect us.

Yes, I'm very pro vaccine.

15. B-Bob

LOL. Didn't know they were posting in here, but how funny would it be if our resident BBS conservatives were suddenly aligning themselves with the furthest left lunatics from California, just because a few of us are pro-vax?

16. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

"The state can use its power to enforce vaccines" is going down a very dark path for personal liberty IMO. It would be akin to completely banning abortion on the spectrum of taking away personal liberties, in my eyes. We don't want abortions, we don't want unvaccinated children, but in no way should the government have control over such bodily rights of people and their children.

You also have to remember that this is the parents choice and that the child should not be punished for their parent's choices, taking away school, health care, or even as far as their parents, do exactly that. It's tough because I definitely get the angle of enforcing vaccines for public schools/daycares.it makes sense to the extent of - if the parent chooses to not vaccinate they must home school their child - but like I said, this potentially is punishing the child for something it has no control of. In no way do I agree with the angle of taking away public healthcare for the children, or having the parents put in jail, or be fined, or having CPS take their kids.

Continue to educate parents on vaccines, perhaps make additional incentives for doing so, but do not punish those who don't is my standpoint on this. I might agree with mandatory vaccines for school/daycare but am still unsure.

17. Sajan

Sajan Member

But kids are punished for their parents actions all the time.
    In the simplest of examples, you don't get to go on a field trip because your parents didn't sign the permission slip.

You can't have it both ways! Either punish the kid for the parents' action or you mandate certain things. We seriously cannot go backwards as a society when it comes to vaccines.

18. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Vaccines haven't been federally mandated from birth, they have been voluntary and some states have made mandates on schools. So there isn't going backwards (legally), this is hopping to progress (legally). I fundamentally disagree with punishing children for their parents' actions. It's okay if the kid doesn't go on the field trip, it's another thing if a child is deprived education. Again I'm semi-open to enforcing mandates for schools/daycares, but am currently still on the fence and therefore am not agreeing with it currently.

What's currently going on, is a higher % of people are choosing not to vaccinate, you combat that with more education programs for parents, with incentives to vaccinate IMO.

19. Sajan

Sajan Member

It wasn't legally mandated because idiots weren't starting an anti vaccine movement using their facebook posts.
    So we have to decide...what to do legally.

You can't look at the one child who is not getting an education, you have to look at the other 800+ in a school that could be affected.

Yung-T, mdrowe00 and malakas like this.
  20. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I definitely do look at that, it may very well likely be more of a risk, but again I'm not sure I could support that right now.

I'm very happy vaccines aren't federally mandated, that would be a terrible president for personal liberties. Again if you think the government should have control over peoples bodies you are 100% opening the door to banning abortion and god knows what else down the road. Sternly against this argument.