1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is James Harden a playoff choker?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clips/Roxfan, Aug 9, 2019.

1. Clips/Roxfan

Clips/Roxfan Member

2. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I gave the video a chance. It started off good, like he was going to give Harden a fair shake, then he said Harden isn't a good post defender and asked how could he be a good post defender if he isn't a good perimeter defender.. I could no longer trust this dude's objective opinion. I knew where this video was going. I bounced.

[​IMG]

#2 DreamShook, Aug 9, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2019
  3. Josh Smith

Josh Smith Member

i really do not want to think so but it seems as if this question gets asked every year in the playoffs

that is not a good look

we need to win to shut everyone up

DonkeyMagic likes this.
  4. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

5. cheke64

cheke64 Member

He started out with a quiet timid voice and ended with a screaming A Smith voice.

roslolian likes this.
  6. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Jesus. Training camp hasn’t even started.

7. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Why would you even post that? It's a team game. You gotta have great players around you making great plays, lifting you up when you're not at your best. That's how championships happen and this dude's complaint is basically that James hasn't won a chip yet and he blames James for that? Okay.

I don't blame James. Championship roads are tough. When Harden finally reaches the promised land, it will be because more players than himself contributed. That's not a knock on James, it's a credit to how much it takes to be champ.

8. rocketseagles07

I’m not watching the video if it’s just hater talk. There’s gonna be people that tell you he is and people who say he isn’t... and they’re both wrong. He’s not the same player in the playoffs he is in the regular season. The numbers look good but the percentages don’t.

And yes very few players are the same guys, but if you’re going to say he’s better than Kobe/wade(which I still don’t understand how rockets fans can justify this) he needs to be better in the playoffs

9. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

he's a playoff choker, and has the most playoff wins against the warriors in the Kerr era

the worst defender in the league, and lead the league in deflections, was second in steals, and had the best app fg% while defending shots from the post.

the worst flopper in the league, even though your team's defender got caught reaching which is a foul.

the worst traveler in the league, even though travels aren't called on anyone anymore.

and the most boring player to watch because of all the iso, even though he's doing something no one has ever been able to do.

10. Hardy Toll Road

I wouldn't say he's a choker but he is definitely missing something. Hopefully Westbrook gives him what he needs.

Realjad likes this.
  11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He might be the Playoff Joker!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

c1utchfan925 likes this.
  12. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

13. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

So, they want the man to average 36 points a game, dpoy, and dish out 10 dimes a game, and run the offense while having top 2 usage in the game? Aight.

Blurr#7, RayRay10 and vlaurelio like this.
  14. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

he's missing a championship roster and coach around him

15. Riz

Riz Contributing Member

This.

"they" are not going shut up completely because it's the Rockets, but it will tone down the noise.

16. PDJACK7

PDJACK7 Member

I don't think he's a choker, but I don't see him elevating his game in the playoffs. Every other superstar game goes to another level in the playoffs, but Harden stays the same as the regular season or drops at times. Is it because he's so great in the regular season, so it's hard to be even better in the playoffs? Either way, he doesn't elevate his game. And it's not about the numbers, it's about the play.

Realjad, joshuaao, smp and 1 other person like this.
  17. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

Don't give this video views.

Killatron 2000 likes this.
  18. MystikArkitect

Not a choker. Just doesn’t have a game built to win in the playoffs.

He could if he wanted to though.

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

choker is probably a bit too harsh. has he had games where he under performed? sure but this isn't exactly something that doesn't happen to any of the other stars.

Blurr#7 likes this.
  20. Hardy Toll Road

@vlaurelio will probably reply to you soon saying "you under performed"