1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sergio Llull 'not closing the door' on Rockets, NBA

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CarlosGM, Aug 7, 2019.

1. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member

2. vince

vince Member

This is Daryl Morey’s legit business excuse to visit Spain/Europe summer after summer. I can’t remember how many times I’ve read that Morey was in Spain scouting Lull. It’s fooled most of Clutchfans, but it’s probably a perk Daryl instilled for himself.

Daryl probably interviews Sergio and gets the 411 on other European talents first hand, but it’s just a ploy. I doubt he is going to cater to him beyond a 9th man in the rotation... as we know, if he can’t make it work with Harden, some is out the door and it better not be Harden.

Just a clever way Morey figured out to enjoy the sights and sounds of European lifestyle. A mini vacation only a brainiac concocted; gets per diem and everything too..

mikeiah and xaos like this.
  3. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

He thinks this is soccer, where over the hill Euro players come to the US to make some more money.

Htown Stros and RocketToVegas like this.
  4. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

The Legend of Llull continues to drive threads in Clutch Fans. Guess we're pretty bored.

With that said, I'd welcome Llull with open arms because he gives us several good things...
    - A playmaker
    - A clutch player/scorer
    - More enthusiasm and heart
    - Another asset

While we looked stacked at guard, EG is in the final year of his contract and our most valuable trade chip. Signing would Llull give us more flexibility in trades for a forward. His age isn't that big of a deterrent, if he was Pablo's age then yeah I'd probably look for someone to trade him to. He may have some value to teams looking to draw more Euro fans to their team. In any case, I wouldn't shun him.

D-rock likes this.
  5. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

I’d love to bring him over and cut him.

I’m shocked Morey never traded his rights.

6. Possum

Possum Member

If he can help the team why not?

7. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Done with Llull.

Wants to come over when he is over the hill like Prigioni or an injury riddled Sabonis.

Should have made the move before age 30.

saleem likes this.
  8. tc0330

tc0330 Member

what is he gonna decide to join us when hes 40? lol foh

Little Bit likes this.
  9. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

Right if he was happy then he'd stay where he was. If he's looking to make a move then clearly not happy where he is. If he's happy to come over and hustle out to get a bench spot then by all means. But somehow I don't think that's the kind of challenge he's hoping for. Maybe that's all he wants, the challenge of seeing if he can perform as a bench player. If that's so, then more power to him. But if by challenge, he means seeing if he can compete against and with the best, that opportunity past 3 years ago. i.e he chose poorly if that's his intention. at this point he'll never know what he could have done at the highest level of his profession.

10. Acura

Acura Member

TWICE

11. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

This guy can go to hell. We don’t want him
    Anymore

hvic likes this.
  12. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Yeah, I was really excited about getting him after watching some video of the guy. Got excited every off-season about the prospect of bringing him over because he kept getting better, until I realized he was never bringing his ass to Houston. Now, like pretty much everyone else, I don’t give a damn.

Adios, Sergio.

Decided to add that it isn’t his age or lack of talent that’s taken my interest in him away. While most of it is just being sick and tired of the yearly “What’s he going to do?” BS, it’s the injury. It’s supposed to have really impacted him. He isn’t what he once was, which was a very talented, clutch guard who would have been great in a Rockets uniform. Now he’s formerly all that, post-injury. That’s been my impression. So yeah, adios.

#72 Deckard, Aug 7, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2019
  13. Reeko

Reeko Member

heavy eye rolls on this one...dude needs to just go away

It’s been how long now? Foh...

14. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

[​IMG]

PhilCollins likes this.
  15. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

LMAO at everyone getting so worked up over Llull. Calm down.

He cost the Rockets nothing, other than some of Les Alexander’s cash in a year when he bought two other picks! The Rockets aren’t losing out on other alternatives while they wait on him. He’s simply “another option” out there, one to whom only the Rockets have NBA rights.

If he never comes over, no big deal. If he comes over, maybe he helps this team win. How people can feel so jilted and upset over this situation is quite humorous to me.

Handles, Deuce, D-rock and 3 others like this.
  16. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

17. magichat281

magichat281 Member

18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Unlike the MLS, this is the best league in the world, not a retirement league.

daywalker02 likes this.
  19. hooroo

hooroo Member

More like leverage in negotiations for a contract extension with Real Madrid.

20. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

His play has fallen off. I doubt he can be a factor