1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2019 Trade Speculation and/or Rumors Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Joe Joe, May 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moonsh0t

moonsh0t Member

Shake off a few signs vs getting 5-8 extra strike calls per game? Yah, give me the strikes.

Newlin likes this.
  2. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Agreed on the framing. On face, he fits the Astros mold. But if a pitcher is constantly shaking off the catcher, it messes with their rhythm. I trust the team on this one - Luhnow knows the framing stats and Hinch is a former catcher. For whatever reason, it wasn’t working out.

moonsh0t likes this.
  3. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

The framing is elite, no doubt. I have noticed when watching the games he's caught this season a visible, palpable frustration between him and the starter... Cole and JV particularly. Maybe I'm projecting based on some rumors that were reported last year, but I believe it.

Beyond all that, don't you think there's a reason that as soon as we acquired Maldonado last year, he was immediately our starting catcher for the rest of the season and playoffs? Stassi caught the bulk of games prior to the Machete acquisition and hit decently.

Nook and moonsh0t like this.
  4. cardpire

cardpire Member

seems like you may be misinterpreting the tweet

5. HOUSTON2017

HOUSTON2017 Member

Madbum is leaving the giants next year (Why not get something for him

6. moonsh0t

moonsh0t Member

Fair enough. Stassi had his chances to be a long term catcher on this team. I hadn't noticed pitchers having issues with him but seems like it's common knowledge. No issues with Maldonado acquisition. Good luck to Kemp!

Nook and vince like this.
  7. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

Kemp for Maldonado is a fine trade. I would rather have gotten a lotto prospect for Kemp and gotten Avila from Arizona for nothing but oh well.

Will be interesting to see if they try to pass Stassi thru waivers.

Nook and prospecthugger like this.
  8. Screaming Fist

How do you interpret it? The Astros could easily put together a package without Tucker that would exceed MadBum's trade value.

9. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Tell that to Cole and JV. Ever since JV and Cole got split up, Stassi has not caught Cole, too. JV and Cole seem to be doing fine.

10. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member
    Supporting Member

Ma
    Giants will put a QO on Madbum like the Astros did for DK. But someone will sign Madbum and the Giants get a comp pick. So a trade for Madbum needs to be better than the comp pick in the Giants minds.

Hey Now! likes this.
  11. Screaming Fist

Would be funny if Stassi gets claimed and then puts up a 3-4 WAR season somewhere next season for practically free.

12. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

I am getting nervous that we are going to see just little moves that patch holes. That innings eating started is just not in the cards.

Now. I am always wrong. So.. I am standing by the above to help us all.

13. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

Yeah, I think it’s beyond obvious that the pitchers don’t like pitching to him and when you combine that with hitting 176 with no particular pop there’s not much reason for the FO not to move on from you when it’s essentially free to do so.

everyday eddie likes this.
  14. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Anyone else having issues with the site being directed to spam?

15. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Wouldn’t totally surprise me. He’s a good pitch framer and throws out runners - he has defensive value, and has shown the ability to be a plus offensive player. I hope the Astros can find someone at the deadline willing to take a bet on him and at least get some value - he needs a fresh start.

16. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

It occasionally happens when I'm on my tablet or phone. My desktop at work has not had that issue.

17. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

I remember when Bauer was the Astros top target. Lol these insiders know nothing.

Hey Now! likes this.
  18. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

Coming down to the wire.

19. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

Please baby Jesus let the Jankees trade for Ken Giles.

Smacktle, eric.81 and everyday eddie like this.
  20. panamamyers

panamamyers Member
    Supporting Member

I always hear that baseball is the only profession you can succeed 25% of the time and still have a job. Being a baseball journalist, you can succeed none of the time and still have a job. It is laughable looking at Twitter. These guys are randomly throwing stuff on the wall, retweeting and confirming each other's tweets, taking stabs in the dark. They have absolutely no idea what the hell they are talking about.

SooneRockStro likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.