1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin: The NBA has given up on me.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets13champs, Jul 28, 2019.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yao Ming Mania was significantly better than Linsanity
    New York media has lots of influence

Mazulis likes this.
  2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Ice cube and the big three should call him

napalm06 likes this.
  3. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Man has made more than enough to support a family. Definitely made more than I will ever see in a lifetime. He had a degree from Harvard, he won a championship. He has gotten to travel the world and all over the United states as a Journey man. The whining needs to stop. This guy and his interviews have always sounded like a broken fiddle.

4. JW86

JW86 Member

Alright, so after watching the video, it's truly sad to see any person in this state. Didn't even realise he was literally crying. I'm not judging, he's dealt with racism and stuff, but to actually say now that 30 teams looked for an excuse not to sign him as if it's all against him, a conspiracy or whatever is too much for me. I genuinely think Lin's a very decent person, just a good, kind person, but this crying and always talking about not being recognised and stuff is just not a good look. If he genuinely feels discriminated against, that he's not being signed because he's Asian and there's still a stigma, then take action. I have nothing against him as a person, it's never nice to see a person cry like that, but he shouldn't be so hard on himself, prove that you belong somehow and stop this behaviour so people will think you want them to feel sorry for you.

macho GRANDE, jch1911 and D-rock like this.
  5. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

He commits the most fundamental mistakes (jumping nowhere to go) that he still hasn’t stopped. Has a rabid following, got a great contract from the rox for subpar play. Dude needs to shut it

6. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

7. topfive

topfive CF OG

HOW DARE YOU INCLUDE VINCE CARTER IN THAT LIST?!?

At age 57, Vince is still playing at a high level.

tinman likes this.
  8. ButtZilla

ButtZilla Member

Trading him from the Hawks to Raptors to win a championship was a great sent off by David Stern sadly to say.

9. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

I thought Vince Carter was 67...

Mazulis and topfive like this.
  10. thedreamsteam

thedreamsteam Member

Entitlement in some young people these days. Lost respect for Lin after watching that. Dude is a millionaire who played in the NBA, has a Harvard degree and an NBA championship.

Elephant810, Patience, Nook and 2 others like this.
  11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Adios, Jerry.

don grahamleone likes this.
  12. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Omfg. You made like 45+ millions throughout your career. What ****ing rock bottom are you talking bruh ???

13. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Bev still playing. Sumthin wrong wit dis.

14. macan

macan Member

he should follow the foot steps of another Rockets legend-Dmo. CBA wil always welcome him.

15. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

You guys dunking on Jerry Lin just because he wants to continue playing in the NBA? Forget the amount of money he has earned, it sounds to me like he still wants to prove he can be an NBA player. No shame in that IMO.

PhilCollins likes this.
  16. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

He worked his way up like virtually everybody in the NBA. Jeremy Lin is no different than Patrick Beverley. Some can argue he's got this far for reasons other than his talent. Most his fans love him based on these reasons. He should be grateful he's gotten this far because his talent level didn't warrant the contracts he got. Jeremy Lin shouldn't have been in the NBA the last few years

macho GRANDE likes this.
  17. Nook

Nook Member

It is pathetic.

The problem for Lin has never been talent or because he is Asian. His problem is that he has zero self esteem and no confidence in himself. As a professional, if you don’t believe in yourself no one else will.

His self loathing and victim mentality is disgusting. He did the same thing when the Knicks didn’t resign him and the Rockets were trying to add Carmelo Anthony.

He has “made it”.... $65,000,000 in career earning so far and has stuck around a long time... even with all that he is crying that the NBA has given up on him.... the problem is he never believed in himself.

Also I have to smile at all these people mistaking weakness as being a good guy.

18. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Maybe instead of focusing on the nba which is completely short term and take a page out of Junior Bridgeman. He only made 350,000 in the NBA and I think is now worth over 400 million. He is about to buy Sports Illustrated Magazine too I think.
    Millions of Dollars in the bank at 30 and Harvard degree..... Do something with your money instead of crying. It is just pathetic at this point.

19. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I'm not trying to cape for Lin, but these are weird statements when we all know the trajectory of his career. He wasn't recruited out of high school, wasn't drafted, played better than a lot of big name players in summer league, sat the bench, then finally got a chance. out of all this you think he has no self confidence in himself? come on now. His whole life he has been showing people he is good enough. His confidence in himself is what made him into an NBA player.

Jerry is out here crying because he STILL thinks he is good enough to play when maybe he isn't.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I am not saying men shouldn't cry but I guess you could cry in your room or somewhere else but crying on camera is something controversial.

Some ppl may sympathize but you get a tons of hate. He shouldn't care though.

Maybe he is vulnerable but he is no kid no more, dude needs to realize that Melo could have been out of this league before him.

And Melo was a superstar. Father Time and Aunt Injury are undefeated still.

(I think he is not crying because of NBA teams not signing him, he is crying because it is harder each time to come back from injuries, harder to get playing time in the league.)

#60 daywalker02, Jul 28, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2019
    Nook and DreamShook like this.