1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston still needs a small forward to win the champion

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by elmotsang, Jul 27, 2019.

1. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Aaron Gordon of the Magic would be a great trade for Clint Capela going away in a 3 trade. Clint salary is identical to Aaron.

Paskal Siakam is another player that will fit the Rockets.

D-rock, rhee and Game7 like this.
  2. Audioout

Audioout Member

If we can get a legit 4 then we can simply slide Tucker to SF. This would probably be ideal. Realistically, maybe we can pry Larry Nance Jr from Cleveland or Taj Gibson from Minny.

3. CarlosGM

CarlosGM Member

Gordon + Shumpert SnT +filler at minimum. If needed, you have one or two FRP to include.

IBTL likes this.
  4. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Elmo is the best CF poster and it's not even close

D-rock likes this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The champion are the Raptors, I think they can be defeated rather easily this season.

6. jch1911

jch1911 Member

Taj signed with NYK as a free agent

tmoney1101 and daywalker02 like this.
  7. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Kenneth Faried lol

8. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

I wouldn't trade gordon/capela/tucker unless we get a star in return. they are as good as any non Allstar and perfect fits. if we can get a star in a package for two of them and picks I would but there are limited options.

we are left with just S&T for Shumpert. that idea has caveats:

• we have to believe Tilman is willing to go over the tax
    • morey said they would do that for someone who's "worth it"
    • the quote from a recent article says "it takes 2 to tango" regarding S&T of Shumpert. meaning the other team has to want to overpay shumpert this season.
    assuming tilman is telling the truth as we are shopping shumpert, who can we get for that salary that's "worth it" other than iggy? here's my list of players who are affordable in trade for shumpert, and on teams willing to sell players for picks.

1. Covington
    2. Iggy
    3. Oubre
    4. Nance
    5. Morris
    6. Marvin
    7. Thad
    8. Portis
    9. Crowder
    10. Gibson

I believe covington is earmarked for a trade with the warriors to acquire Russell. I think iggy and his agent force his way to LA. I think Oubre and nance are probably in long term plans with their teams due to their age. and to he honest I'm not sure tilman would consider anyone else on that list "worth it" even though more refined basketball minds would.

the point is don't hold your breath for a trade. we also used most of our roster spots on NG contracts so don't assume anyone else is being signed either. I think this is what we start the season with, unless something surprising happens right before camp.

IBTL and jch1911 like this.
  9. HTownTmac1

HTownTmac1 Member

y’all are crazy if y’all think we should trade capela .. dude straight up outplays other centers and we wouldn’t be as good without him . I don’t care if he had a bad playoff series against warriors . He was doing awesome against Gobert before he got sick . I even remember last year him doing awesome against KAT. He’s way too important

kjayp, IvanLCPM, Smacktle and 7 others like this.
  10. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

PJ Tucker is a better small forward than power forward. We have Daniel House and Gerald Green, also we’ll go small with Russ, Harden and Gordon at times.

We need a 4 not a 3.

11. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Not happening. This team isn't paying the tax.

Let's just enjoy EG/House at the 3 while we get killed on the defensive end and on the glass.

But hey

LT savings FTW

12. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

13. BigBum

BigBum Member

Good list, but most of them would have to pay 15 mil tax.
    Tilman is not cheap when he talks, but cheap when he acts.

#33 BigBum, Jul 28, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2019
  14. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

When we make it out of the west, we're going to be up against either the 76ers or the Bucks. Both teams are super long and one of them will definitely win 60 games this year with how much weaker the East got.

We're definitely going to need a Iggy type player to match up with them. It's a no brainer why Morey covets him so much. The only thing holding us back is the luxury tax Tilman is skeptical about paying.

15. lockedin34

lockedin34 Member

I have no idea what youre saying but no to Superqueer

16. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

I'll go with House/Green/Clark for SF. We need a damn big PF, that's why I pray Bennett works.

kjayp and carib like this.
  17. Moahst

Moahst Member

I think the older PJ Tucker gets the more he's a better 4 than 3. He's getting a bit slower, and possibly a bit stronger. The truth is he can guard pretty much anyone but I think he'd benefit from having a young hustle small forward next to him. A young Corey Brewer. Let's go find one of those somewhere.

18. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

Pretty sure Detroit would want younger players and better picks.

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

House, Clark, Green is good enough.

DD

20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Is it? The jury is still out. Green is OK for a few minutes a game if he’s hot, but he’s frequently not, and is prone to make mistakes at both ends of the court. He’ll give you effort, that’s for sure. I just wish he was smarter and more consistent. Clark has the potential to make the rotation with more experience. Maybe he’ll show improvement this season and take the next step. Maybe not. If he improves, he could give us minutes at the 4, as well as the 3 spot.

House? He’s the real wild card. House has had some games where he really shined on offense and defense. He’s smart, ambitious, and there’s a reason Morey played hardball and still gave him his deal. Daryl sees real talent there. If House can really get it going, he could be our answer at the 3. I’m not convinced, though, not yet. We’ll see how he does this year. Absent a deal for a guy like Covington, the door is open for House.