1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Westbrook: Ready to sacrifice for Rockets, title

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Jul 27, 2019.

1. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

The picture really does look TMNT-ish. Guess no one thought to point it out before he walked out there.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Cowabunga I guess.

mockster likes this.
  3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Animal or human sacrifice?

4. xaos

xaos Member

Both
    lamb.jpg

5. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Westbrook was articulate and excited to join Houston. I was very pleased to see that. His body language was positive.

@ApacheWarrior @BaselineFade
    Was there any question asked related to his past injuries?

6. hou$tonScrew$tonTX

Yeah I suppose Young is for Westbrook what Windhorst is for Lebron.

7. icewill36

icewill36 Member

It isn’t surprising. He deferred to PG last year as well. He went from 1st or 2nd in usage a couple years ago down to around 11th last year. Unfortunately he just had a horrible shooting season

hakeem94, Deuce, saleem and 3 others like this.
  8. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I'm guessing the biggest negative will still be a bunch of pull up mid range shots from Westbrook. He said he affects the game in many ways outside of just handling the ball. So we have that going for is (Rockets).

Just need him to shoot 76% from the free throw line to counter those poor mid range shots. Harden and Westbrook are high in the league on steals. And Westbrook doesn't have a better Ast% than CP3 by not sharing and kicking out.

Should be interesting and it should be fun.

Take care my friend.

hakeem94 and saleem like this.
  9. saleem

Thanks dear Apache. I always appreciate your posts. Westbrook
    has a line drive shot, which decreases his shooting percentage, but he does have a quick release which makes it harder to block
    his shots. He should work with a shooting coach all season long. I will take care of myself. Thanks again.

ApacheWarrior and hakeem94 like this.
  10. J.R.

J.R. Member

YOU GOTTA LOVE IT.
    MATCH MADE IN HEAVEN.

11. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

I didnt have to hear that to know that. The guy asked to come here...harden traded cp3 to get him here. I thought it was obvious they would do thier best to win

hakeem94 likes this.
  12. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Nothing wrong with being the most badass character from my favorite childhood cartoon. :D

13. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

Gonna be easier for me to root for Russ than it was CPIII.

I’d always loathed CP for his dirty d, whining on every call, and his aura of being an agitator.

With Russ, I’ve always thought his game was flawed and he played stupid, but loved his spirit and what he brought on the court. I legit felt bad for him when Bev took out his knee.

He’s passion on the court. I respect the hell out of that. This will unlock super sayan level for Harden.

With Chris it was bidness. With Brodie, it’s personal.

14. PhiSlammaJamma

Fist off, the lid is dope.

Second, Please do not sacrifice. That is exactly what went wrong in the Carmelo deal. Carmelo should have been starting. It's what went wrong with Paul George. It's what went wrong with Chris Paul. How many more times are we going to prove the sacrificing theory wrong. We only have two stars, there is no need to sacrifice anything. If we add a third then you start talking about some sacrificing. Westbrook needs to do Westbrook triple doubles in order for that poor shooting percentage to look like a good thing. We need him getting to the line. We need the usage. If this becomes it's Westbrook time when Harden is not on the court, I'm taking ball and going home. This has got to be Westbrook and Harden on the floor at the same time doing unstoppable things.

#34 PhiSlammaJamma, Jul 27, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2019
  15. solid

solid Contributing Member

Going to be hard to guard them both. They really need to be doubled: will require a boatload of switching. Nobody plays harder than Westbrook. He is the player you love to hate unless he is on your team. He is much more dynamic than CP3. It is all a game anyway.

16. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

I think they asked him about his knee. He said he will be fine and ready for the start of the season.

He does sound rejuvenated and I'm hopeful that a fresh start in a new system will be to his benefit. I was hesitant at first as you know, but I'm all in now. This season should be insanely fun and exciting just about every night.

MDA will put Russ in the best situations possible to maximize his skillet. I think he is about to have the time of his life. I hope that translates into better shooting percentages and better overall efficiency. I'm also hopeful that he will by in defensively.

His defense is more of a concern than his shooting imo. But again I remain hopeful that playing with a guy like PJ who will hold him accountable for any lapses on the defensive end will be a net positive.

saleem likes this.
  17. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Good, its another proof Tilman isnt cheap

18. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

LOL.

Erbnwarfare, J.R. and YOLO like this.
  19. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Big time synergy here. Westy goes 25/8/8 .....Higher FG and 3PT %, less turnovers.

#39 Plowman, Jul 27, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2019
  20. saleem

Thanks a lot BaselineFade. I'm more concerned about his physical fitness than anything. Let's hope for the best. Have a great day.

BaselineFade likes this.