1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

amazon just makes the world a better place ya know?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by LosPollosHermanos, Jul 26, 2019.

1. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Saved me so much time of having to shop for my new place by delivering everything through prime. One of the orders was taking a bit longer so they double shipped everything to me the next day. I don't even have to go return the rest of it, they'll come get the other items (which is nice since its over a 100lbs).

What have your nice experiences been with Amazon? (POSITIVE POSTS ONLY!!!)

2. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Agreed, it cleans a lot of CO2 and makes delicious O2 free of charge.

3. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

well all the exhaust from my car going to numerous places never happened. Combine that with countless customers....man they're fighting global warming at the same time. They can just take all my money at this point

4. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

I recently bought something from AMZN which I wanted to return. I was instructed to drop it back off at Kohl's. I didn't even have to pack or do anything. Just returned item at customer service at Kohl's. Took about 5 minutes.

5. Reeko

Reeko Member

I recently ordered a memory foam dog bed, but it ended up not being as big as I hoped so I wanted to return it...called up customer service over at Amazon to set up the return, and they let me keep the bed while giving me a bigger sized one free of charge

that’s how u treat the people right and keep them coming back for more...I see u Amazon, I see u

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  6. Buck Turgidson

I thought Clayton Williams was dead?

7. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

That’s amazing, and that’s what they wanted to do with the extra item they sent. Being a man of character I couldn’t accept though.

If you’re reading this amazon, keep it up!! CF appreciates you

8. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

I ordered some glue bottles for my workshop and I was sent some rolls of tape instead and within 2 hours of me notifying them of the mishap, my replacement was already in the mail. It was pretty cool, I never left my shop except to meet the UPS driver to hand over the the wrong items.

If you don't mind me asking which one did you order and how is the quality? I've recently been searching amazon for one and haven't decided.

9. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

I was once being mugged and my life was in danger, but an Amazon came in and beat the hell out of the mugger and saved my life. The Amazon later came to my house and delivered me death. Death by Snu Snu. I couldnt have been more pleased with the service and execution.

Colt45, Xerobull, B-Bob and 1 other person like this.
  10. xcrunner51

xcrunner51 Contributing Member

I ordered some Bose headphones when Amazon had them on sale. They were shipped and "delivered" with a note that it was handed to the resident of the delivery address. Neither I nor my roommate received the package. I called Amazon, told them and they shipped another pair no change. That second set I did receive.

That's unbelievable customer service in my book. To reference another thread, I can't imagine Comcast/Tmobile/AT&T not assuming I'm at fault.

11. Reeko

Reeko Member

I ordered 2 of these about 3 years ago and put them in my dogs’ cages with a blanket wrapped over them

they fit perfectly in their cages, my dogs love them, and they’re still in really good condition...they weren’t big fans of sleeping in their cages until I bought these...after that, they started going into their cages willingly to sleep

the one I recently bought is this one to put in the living room

I think it’s pretty good...my big dog has plenty of room to stretch out on it

#11 Reeko, Jul 26, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2019
    Blatz likes this.
  12. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

Thanks, that is just the type I've been looking for, a plain bed about 4in thick without the pillow on the borders. I just ordered one

Reeko likes this.
  13. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

whippet not included though. Just saying.

Blatz and LosPollosHermanos like this.
  14. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

I spend at least $200 to $300 on Amazon every month. Today I spent $200 alone and everything is next day delivery. I honestly could not imagine life without it. The reviews and question and answer section were a game changer for me back in the day.

15. theimpossibles1

Positive posts only? Wtf?

Amazon is destroying small business and gaining a dangerous amount of power and control.

That said, I fu**in love Amazon. The conglomerate and the forest.

TheresTheDagger likes this.
  16. Sajan

Sajan Member

Just remember, for every dollar and minute we save, someone else is suffering for it.

17. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

Amazon can afford to treat their workers better.

They do make some good shows though...

donkeypunch likes this.
  18. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

In a pure capitalistic or economic sense, this is all part of supply/demand curve. You want to be treated better? Get a better skill set than reading and putting stuff in boxes.

Or unionize.

Sajan likes this.
  19. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

update: UPS pulled some crap and didn't show up for the pickup...dropped off a return label even though they were supposed to get it.

Called amazon, they said they won't be charging me for the second item and to just keep the first set of furniture (400$). I was like I would rather just return it I don't need it, then they were like just give it away or hand it to a family member/for free.

Like others have said...this level of customer service...is kinda insane lol. WOW

20. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Never heard of them

Colt45 likes this.