1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Westbrook press conference?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Jul 18, 2019.

1. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

I need video of the conference!

Kornel87 likes this.
  2. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Just because there aren't any good free agents left doesn't mean you run back to a guy that couldn't stay healthy last year and hasn't gotten his shoulder fixed.

And, no, you're NOT getting the same player that was on the 65-win team in 2019. But sure let's sign him to a vet deal and put him where in our rotation? He hasn't played a real NBA game since October of last year, coming off knee surgery, and his shoulder is a ticking time bomb. Absolutely no risk at all of failing.

HP3 and topfive like this.
  3. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Obviously it’s just an intro conference and surely there will be hiccups, but overall I thought it was a positive sign from Westbrook. Seems to know it’s James’ team and that he needs to adapt. Seems like he knows he needs to be more of an all-around player for us to win. I liked hearing what he had to say.

4. topfive

topfive CF OG

How can you be so sure it's healed? On his Twitter, he said on Dec 24, "I'll be back soon.." Then on Jan 24, he said, "I'll be back soon!!!" Then... nada.

Luc will be 33 soon, has a weak shoulder and has played a grand total of 75 game minutes in the last 14 months. AND he may or may not have a bad knee.

If we can sign him to an non-guaranteed contract, I'm all for it, because I loved what he brought to the team when he was healthy. For guaranteed money, though, I think I'd pass.

HP3, amaru and YOLO like this.
  5. amaru

amaru Member

Well he’s still technically fat lol. I meant trim by his standards

6. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not sure what you are talking about.

Tilman was the owner when we traded Ryan Anderson away and we attached an FRP to his contract to make it more enticing.

Tilman was the owner when we traded Brandon Knight away and we attached an FRP to his contract to make it more enticing.

Tilman was the owner when we traded cash considerations along with Melo to get cap relief.

Tilman was the owner when traded cash considerations along with MCW to get cap relief.

Tilman was the owner when we gave away James Ennis for nothing to get cap relief.

Tilman was the owner when we chose to park Danuel House at home while we played musical chairs with 10-day contracts to stay within roster limit minimums and help us avoid the tax by not signing him for more than the prorated minimum of a 1 day salary (or whatever it turned out to be).

7. rockets11206

rockets11206 Member

I posted awhile ago I met Russell at Post Oak 3 days after the trade broke out. He was short but one thing I got from the convo was how happy he was at the thought of playing with James again. I told him "welcome to houston, you are one of my favorite players" he replied with "happy to be here with James". Genuinely seemed intrigued by what him and harden will do together

8. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Also, didn't @Clutch or @The Cat just report that Luc isn't interested because he doesn't want to fight for a roster spot in training camp?? A lot of these guys are content sitting out until they get the situation they're looking for. Right now, the Rockets roster is such that players like Luc and Vince don't have guaranteed minutes coming to them because of guys like House, Green, Bennett, McLemore and Clark.

joshuaao, topfive and hakeem94 like this.
  9. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

he even attached cash considerations to dump Nanu

10. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Hah, I forgot about that. All in a seasons work. I used to want to be optimistic, but holy **** all the roster maneuvering has made me see the light.

pippendagimp likes this.
  11. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

You're right. Just the white red shirt underneath was enough to feel strange :eek:

topfive likes this.
  12. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

13. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

yep, we also gave IND a 2nd round pick to take stauskas and baldwin

J Sizzle likes this.
  14. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

Meanwhile Tilman...

[​IMG]

majicdonjuan and pippendagimp like this.
  15. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Talk is cheap. Show it on the court, James.

J Sizzle and LosPollosHermanos like this.
  16. steddinotayto

Les was the owner who gave Morey the okay to sign Ryan Anderson to that stupid contract that ultimately handcuffed our ability to build the team.

17. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

We are having a discussion about Tilman ducking the luxury tax line so I don't understand why you want to have a conversation about bad contracts. That's a totally separate conversation.

18. steddinotayto

Lol he ducked the tax because the previous owner put the team in that situation via bad contracts! Goodness gracious.

19. lionaire

lionaire Member

If Luc doesn’t believe that he can come in and outplay guys like House, Green, McLemore, Clark or Bennett then I don’t even want him. Guy is beyond dusty. His shoulder is FINISHED.

macho GRANDE and steddinotayto like this.
  20. steddinotayto

100% this.

macho GRANDE likes this.