1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Robert Mueller Testimony Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by khanhdum, Jul 23, 2019.

1. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

cml750, Os Trigonum and Nook like this.
  2. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

Pelosi is holding out judgement on Trump until after his second term is over, for the sake of fairness and impartiality.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  3. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes, facts. What @dobro1229 and I are talking about are established facts. I see some problems with your post.

1. You aren't willing to face acknowledged facts. Neither AG Barr nor any other Republican of whom I am aware would deny the facts that I mentioned and about which I asked you. Yet, you refuse to acknowledge they are facts and haven't addressed any of the evidence, verification, and proof that shows those to be facts.

2. I can only guess that is because you know those facts are bad, and rather than admit to yourself and others that you are okay with those facts and actions by Trump and his campaign. I welcome another explanation from you and on why you won't address these facts or admit what every other Republican and AG Barr have admitted which is that these things are actual facts.

3. You keep going back to the origins of the investigation. That is already being investigated. I barely have a problem with an investigation of the investigation. But that investigation doesn't change the actual facts in any way shape or form. It is only the established facts about which I have asked you.

#323 FranchiseBlade, Jul 26, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2019
    dobro1229 likes this.
  4. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Amazing how often, how easily trump and his admin outright lies... and that his defenders repeat the lies...

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  5. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

LOL. Its funny but sadly true. Gotta make that case before Trumps third term.

Seriously though, I actually think the strategy from the start was for her to accept the role of the bad guy on impeachment because she knew it didn't matter in regards to Dem perception since she can take the heat & has for years (she's learning from McConnell). She accepted the role as the roadblock so that way when she finally caves it will at least be perceived as the Democrats not really WANTING to Impeach, and making a better case to the American people that it was not political.

Fault them for not doing their duty to impeach, but in the end, she might have been correct in her calculations because there's now a pretty damn compelling case to be made the Democrat leadership is not impeaching for political reasons. At least the media will say "Pelosi didn't want to go there" in some way shape or form.

finalsbound likes this.
  6. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

7. Nook

Nook Member

8. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

this is fun. excerpt:

I once heard a story about Pia Zadora’s performance as the lead in “The Diary of Anne Frank.” The audience was eager for Zadora’s dreadful acting to conclude. In a closing scene, Nazis broke into the house, shouting “Where is Anne Frank?” The audience shouted back, “She’s in the attic!” just to try to end the play. The story is likely apocryphal but it illustrates that not all live performances are really better than the original books.

I had the same impulse watching more than six hours of former special counsel Robert Mueller offering monosyllabic responses as Democrats read his report to him. Democrats said this would be the “blockbuster movie” for those who “did not read the book” of the report. If so, it was the congressional version of the John Travolta movie bomb “Battlefield Earth” and, for Mueller, the prosecutorial version of “Dazed and Confused.”

The hearing was a disaster for anyone who was hoping for a kickstart to impeachment. Democrats could not produce even a single takeaway moment in six hours of hearings. Instead, Mueller came across more often as befuddled than bemused by the entire exercise. Calling the hearings a “disaster” for Democrats, Harvard law professor Laurence Tribe, a leading advocate for impeachment, declared, “Far from breathing life into his damning report, the tired Robert Mueller sucked the life out of it.”​

https://jonathanturley.org/2019/07/...radictions-after-blockbuster-turns-into-bomb/

cml750 likes this.
  9. cml750

cml750 Member

That was a great movie.

10. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

So again, it’s about entertainment and performance and not content.

Where did this idea that the sole purpose of the hearing is to have a performance? Did
    Dem actually planted that idea - If so, very stupid. My bet is the right wing people planted this and the media aren’t smart enough to see it.

Btw, more congressional Dem now support impeachment after the hearing. So it did have that effect. Quite opposite of sucking the life out of impeachment.