1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Westbrook press conference?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Jul 18, 2019.

1. acjeitherocket

man...time flies doesn't it. I remember going to all those other press conferences/introductions. Missed Dwights for some reason though

2. TilmanFinancialWindfall

All the Rockets legend came to welcome Dwight. I wonder if they will all come to welcome Brodaie

Dwight guarantee a championship. Justin Timberlate was a witness.

Ahhhh...good time. Memory for the way we were

"Hakeem the Dream, Ralph Sampson, Yao Ming, Elvin Hayes, Chandler Parsons, Patrick Bevelry, Calvin Murphy, Clyde Drexler, and Kevin McHale in attendance. Red Rally"

3. Texanstradamus

Just need a regular press conference nothing too big like the last cause we didn’t win squat

4. rockets13champs

But if he sells tickets for it. He’ll make money

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Russell and Harden are too busy, jetting around.

6. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I guess the different handlers are planning something. Messaging is important, so that everyone saves face. Not a coincidence that neither Paul nor Westbrook have commented at all.

7. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Harden and Westbrook are reaaaally quiet... I don't like it.

8. JW86

JW86 Member

That was crazy and most of us probably realised it was not the second coming of any of those former big men, but damnit did they manage to fool me at least a little bit by setting high expectations with that rally.

9. topfive

topfive CF OG

Wow. In a few short years, signing Dwight to your team has decline precipitously:
    • "OMG! A giant outdoor celebration with team legends involved! Polish up the Larry O'Brien trophy, because we're coming to get it!"
    • "Hey, the guy's a former MVP, lets hope last year was a fluke."
    • "Damn, he used to be a force. Maybe we can flip him at the trade deadline for a decent role player."
    • "No, no, no! Not this team-killing dork. Has he got anything left in the tank at this point?"
    • "Why, {insert GM name}? WHY?"

napalm06 likes this.
  10. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

What are you talking about? Quiet how? Harden has spoken multiple times about how excited he is about the trade and how he's positive it will work. How often do you want him to repeat himself?

Reeko, adw and mike2k132 like this.
  11. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I would love to go to an open scrimmage game. Those use to be free to the public. The rookie dance off with Scola and Tmac staying play that man some salsa music. Also, Ron Artest airballing his first shot.

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

their open practice event they have yearly in october is still free

13. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Tad Brown better make sure that they shoot off fireworks at the press conference. Do it outdoors at night after a Westbrook parade first.

14. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Lol I do...fact. kwahi just finna be introduced. U think something up there up lol.

People read to much into this.

What are u inferring would be the reason, russell dont wanna play here, when he requested to play here lol.

None issue just like the chris beef people.

xtruroyaltyx likes this.
  15. thedreamsteam

thedreamsteam Member

..but he's supposed to be tweeting and Instagramming love letters to his brodie every single day! :D

16. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

It was hot. Houston summer. 95 degrees not counting humidity. Seeing all the Houston greats was awesomeness. Dream, Ralph (man, we coulda had Jordan), Moses, Rudy, etcetera. But James Harden's absence spoke volumes (don't know if he had an official reason): I ain't signin' off on this ish.

Richie_Rich and Reeko like this.
  17. topfive

topfive CF OG

At an outdoor Westbrook presser, I would have a big moment where Clint, PJ, and Tyson step out of the way while boxing out others so Russell can easily grab the microphone.

18. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I actually think the understated confidence is a good thing. Both of these guys have been in the league long enough now to know that this move is all about business. They've both experienced euphoric highs, and devastating lows, and now it's about winning championships together. Along that same vein, Kawhi and Paul George have been super quiet about their partnership too. The only one who has been vocal about any of this has been LeBron, and everyone knows he's a blowhard when it comes to this stuff.

Also, Morey and MDA were both vacationing according to @The Cat , but they are back now. I have a feeling as soon as Westbrook gets back to Houston, they will have one.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  19. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Were they vacationing together? Wait, is Morey cheating on his wife?! This close to his anniversary?!? How could he?!

Gives a whole new meaning to the seven seconds of less offense if you ask me.

Thank you everyone, that insane rambling was brought to you by work boredom. I'll be here all week.

Nook likes this.
  20. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Westbrook busy peparing for international competition including FIBA!