1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Kevin Love has been added on Rockets list

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, May 16, 2019.

1. Caprah

Caprah Member

Considering big gum might be another one of this trolls alternate ids he uses

napalm06 likes this.
  2. basketballholic

Very true.

There's no greater insider than Woj. And he gets stuff wrong all the time. Because he's intentionally fed erroneous information and he allows himself to be used that way in order for him to be able to break news.

Insiders repeat false rumors all the time. Because they're given false info by teams and players.

ROXTXIA and napalm06 like this.
  3. Vivi

Vivi Member

Did i just read ch being placed in the same tier as BigBum? LMFAO didn't know dumb & dumber had accounts on clutchfans.

topfive and BHannes2BHonest like this.
  4. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Yes, they do repeat false rumors all the time. And a lot of them know the rumors likely won't pan out and don't care: they got clicks, they got the audience to come back after the commercial break.

Reporters are often led down the primrose path, though. You get your Multiple Sauce Man either repeating an obvious fabrication or making it up himself ("Mark Cuban looking all over Houston........he got the search dogs out......he's contacted DeAndre's H-town homies......")

basketballholic likes this.
  5. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

This is the most disingenuous thing anyone can say.

You haven't claimed to be an insider, but you repeatedly claim to have insider knowledge. It's the same thing.

Little Bit, Obito, topfive and 8 others like this.
  6. justtxyank

I think Broussard at this point is just making up stuff. He probably has relationships with people still but nobody feeds him anything.

luckyman76 likes this.
  7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Romney is a political insider.

8. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

And he has a job as an NBA reporter or beat writer or whatever. Man, he is in good with somebody. ("He has the resume, Bill." "But he's a bulls***ter, Jim." "We need somebody. Good family guy. Christian. That sort of thing." "Yeah. 'That shalt not lie. Exceeeeeeeeeeeeept when it gets more clicks.")

9. basketballholic

Im going to give you one insight. A few years ago when McHale was the coach one of my friends sons was his golf caddy. McHale would request him to caddy. He drove McHale (and other Rockets personnel) around multiple times a week. Listened to their phone conversations and even engaged McHale from time to time. Before any of the Harden/ Dwight crap came out during the previous summer my friends son asked McHale about Dwight and McHale told him how disappointing Dwight was because he didn't work on his basketball skills... that he was wasting his talent.

That doesn't make me an insider. Nor was my friends son an insider. But it was legit info.

There were other things divulged during that course of time that I won't mention here because it involves people that are still in the organization.

Now..... that a sample of some info that I have had access to. Im not going to go into the rest.

Disingenuous?

Im 52 years old. Ive played the game and studied the game since i was 7 years old and going to Kemper Arena, slipping down into the lower section at halftime and into the tunnel after the fourth and high fiving Sam Lacey's, Wedman's, Birdsong's, Phil Ford's, Robinzine's, King's, and many others sweaty huge mitts after the game.

Ive played pickup ball in Lawrence Ks with more NBA ballers than i can remember right now.

That's only a small portion of my contacts with the NBA through the years.

Disingenuous?

Im nobody in terms of those guys. Have never claimed to be. Im not an insider Have never claimed to be.

But im not going to be disingenuous and lie about my life experiences because you are jealous of my NBA contacts, associations, and experiences and choose to throw around the disingenuous label.

Neither am i going to divulge sources and methods ive used to garner information nor am I going to tell all ive heard just to try to prove to you over and over I didn't make stuff up. I may tell stuff from time to time that has been made up by somebody else. But it wasn't made up by me.

Disingenuous?

You're jealous.

brosef likes this.
  10. justtxyank

Having insider knowledge makes you an insider.

It's disingenuous to claim to have insider knowledge and then say "Oh I never said I'm an insider." Yes, you do. When you share knowledge and claim to have a source or to hear things that the general public doesn't, that's claiming insider status. You don't get to run from that if someone calls you on it.

As for being jealous, not at all. I hope that's all true. Having connections to the sports team you love is awesome and I hope every fan gets to experience it in some way. It's a fun experience even if you don't get juicy info. I'm not jealous of you for those experiences, I hope you get more.

If you say you have sources though you are claiming to be an insider, simple as that. You don't need to prove to me you don't make stuff up, just don't say "Oh I never said I'm an insider" when the very post I'm quoting is you claiming to have inside knowledge.

11. basketballholic

An insider is a person directly connected to the business. Woj is an insider. Codman and cyberx are insiders Im not directly connected. I am not an insider. But i do know some people that are insiders. And i have connections like I described above to a few people that have contact with insiders.

None of that is disingenuous.

Now prove you aren't jealous.

See..... anybody can throw around labels...

You should stop that.

12. justtxyank

A message board insider is not Woj.

"Labels" give me a break.

"Guys let me tell you what's going to happen and give me credibility because I have connections and if you argue with me I'll be condescending AF because I KNOW things but don't call me an insider OMG I NEVER SAID THAT!"

jordnnnn, onreego and Chamillionaire like this.
  13. basketballholic

You are a mess.

14. varughese.arun

This would be a great pick up. Put Heartenstine on the 5, LOVE on the 4... CHAMPIONSHIP

15. BeardNation13

BeardNation13 Member

Not sure if serious but PJ Tucker would faint

Surrounding him will be 4 very below par defenders in Harden, WB, Love and Harty....

16. King1

King1 Contributing Member

@Nook definitely has some inside connections. He's one of the people who I follow most on this board. He mostly posts in the Astros forum because the GARM has been reduced to this.

There's other people on here who do as well. It's not some big deal to know athletes or people in the industry. @justtxyank is spot on on holic. That guy is completely full of **** all the time

17. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

:eek:

Maybe it's time you started hanging out with people your own age and stop spending so much time on an internet forum arguing with people half your age (or younger). Hearing about you believing a story from your friend's teenage son just makes you look even more foolish than before, and kinda creepy.

18. basketballholic

Oh so you age discriminate........

19. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

:eek:

steddinotayto likes this.
  20. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Same for me. He is the only person I have used the Ignore feature for, for that reason.

BHannes2BHonest likes this.