1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

List of currently available 2019 free agents

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bmd, Jul 2, 2019.

1. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

we're not signing anymore bigs. tilman won't cut harty or clark because they're not 100% NG'd.

we're also deepest at PG with russ, harden, rivers, and possibly Clemons as a call-up. they won't spend one of their last remaining spots on another PG.

Gray_Jay likes this.
  2. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Nope
    Nope
    Nope

Wheres simmons and ryill take thabo

3. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Lol Vince carter. Why. What is his purpose on this team.

Take me.through when u bring Vince into a game where u dont have a better option

4. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Shumpert is a contract asset not a player asset that's going to help you win a championship.

My statement was that there isn't any real help left in the FA market that's going to be rotation worthy. I stand by that.
    To improve this team it'll have to be done via trade or buy out.

I do think they should resign Shumpert to an above market value …. for the express purpose of matching salary at some point between now and the deadline.

Gray_Jay likes this.
  5. icewill36

icewill36 Member

VC can still stroke it.

6. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

Dude played at the 4 almost exclusively last year, a position we're very thin at. He's not my ideal backup 4, but beggars can't be choosers at this point.

At this point, I think he provides 10-15 min/night of stretch 4 with poor to terrible defense.

vlaurelio and steddinotayto like this.
  7. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

That's what I'm saying. You don't want to lose Shumpert's ability to help you in future trades.

It looks like they're very much about to do that, though. Beyond moronic.

8. ilias

ilias Member

We are stacked at guard.
    Between House, Green, McL and the 3-guard lineup we have sufficient depth (if not quality) at SF.
    With Capela, Chandler and Hart we are set at C.
    We have PJ, Clark and Bennett at PF. Clark has partial guarantee and Bennett is NG. If Bennett pans out, our rotation is set. If not, I wouldn’t mind giving the vet min to one of Jerebko / Leuer / Ryan Anderson. But I don’t see us signing any FAs at this moment.

9. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

FWIW, his defense wasn't bad last year. It was spotty. In closing moments the Hawks relied on him as clutch defender and he did really well. They were very good in close games and Vince Carter was the biggest impact on their net rating with his biggest impact coming on the defensive end, surprisingly.

He can't play much of course, but we are talking about end of bench guys at this point. Would I rather have Vince Carter to come in and play spot minutes as a backup 4 that can shoot it REALLY well from behind the arc and give good effort on defense or would I rather have some random minimum guy that will never play because the coach hates him?

xaos and eric.81 like this.
  10. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

This exactly. Those acting like VC can't help us aren't seeing who VC is now and what minutes we have to give to him.

xaos and justtxyank like this.
  11. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I've got no argument with your point here …. just that it had nothing to do with my original post that you quoted (other than the ability - or not to facilitate a trade).

I cant believe they are letting that asset wither away on the vine. Its the last / only large contractual asset they have that doesn't cost them talent wise.

Tilman running from the tax after telling us he was willing to do anything and everything to win annoys the hell outa me , basically he lied to us and thinks we're stupid enough to buy it anyway.

Gray_Jay and J Sizzle like this.
  12. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

13. Nook

Nook Member

Vince Carter has told teams he wants guaranteed minutes.

Maybe he eventually backs off that demand, but that is part of the hold up for teams.

Deuce, HP3 and justtxyank like this.
  14. treyk3

treyk3 Member

[​IMG]

Mazulis and RHU525 like this.
  15. justtxyank

Yeah I read that. He wants to play. Some in the media have questioned why he doesn't ring chase, but this is why. He wants to play until he can't play anymore.

Nook and amaru like this.
  16. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Shumpret is a contract asset?

So on a cold Friday morning, you are wearing your pajama, shaking and standing in a gusty wind outside of your house for more than an hour, and your neighbor wondering what is wrong with you, and you reply : " I am waiting for the WM truck to come here to clear my can as I want to make sure to ask him for a 2 dollar bill because my broken rice cooker has has a metal frame on the lid."

17. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

We have enough shooters. He one dimensional in a area we got covered

HP3 likes this.
  18. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

I would.rather have ryno lol

19. D-rock

D-rock Member

Still love Corey Brewer.

Mazulis likes this.
  20. justtxyank

Brewer is a really cool guy but I can’t handle a terrible shooter being added

JuNx, Nook, Houtho and 4 others like this.