1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Go Off With Austin Rivers: "It never happened"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jul 18, 2019.

1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Edited to add direct quotes:

On his podcast...

regarding the drama between Chris Paul and James Harden:
    (Paraphrasing)
    There was no beef between Chris Paul and James Harden. There was no fight. I was there. They got along fine. The media completely made that up. That story (Goodwill) was "bullshit." Chris Paul has been a good teammate to him. He appreciates him a lot. He's spoke to both Chris AND James about this and neither one has beef with the other. They never had beef in the locker room. The media completely made this up and publicly tarnished them to get clicks. Said there were disagreements about playing style like there have been on every team he's ever been a part of (Rivers) and that he says is on every team in the NBA. Nothing unusual.

Edit 2:
    Also says that he stayed in Houston for the organization, to compete, the tax free status, etc. So he's apparently not upset that he returned for the minimum and then we traded CP3 for Westbrook. (Some speculated he may be upset now because it likely impacts his minutes)

Edit: added another point

UPDATE: Link to the podcast...

#1 justtxyank, Jul 18, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
    robgue, Ramo$e, BaselineFade and 49 others like this.
  2. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

I know it...that's why I'm never concerned about locker room ****.....at the end of the day we all work with people we dont like. Who cares we work with them cause we getting paid.

Lawlruschang and don grahamleone like this.
  3. YOLO

YOLO Member

but but but but cf's and their theories.....

amaru, Corrosion, Smacktle and 14 others like this.
  4. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Austin Rivers becoming a Rockets fan favorite is truly bizarre, but here we are.

5. riko

riko Member

I don’t believe there was no beef whatsoever however the garbage reports about the toxic environment were just pure fiction stories made up by a attention seeking jerk named Goodwill who infact wished Harden would break his leg a few weeks before the playoffs commenced. That’s how deep his hate ran. Wishing a injury on someone

6. ball king23

ball king23 Member

intesting we are still on this chris paul is gone and we still talking about this hes in okc can we just enjoy our new PG Westbrook

RoyalGuard likes this.
  7. riko

riko Member

do you have a link?

8. Streakshooter

Streakshooter Member

Looking forward to Austin Rivers inside locker room takes throughout the whole season.

Deuce, Patience and BigM like this.
  9. justtxyank

However you get podcasts its "Go off" with Austin Rivers.

10. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Was Austin Rivers the true Rocket we have been looking for all along?

#RocketsIsMyHome

11. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Austin also insinuated that this story created a strife in the relationship. Harden clearly believed that CP3 went to the media based on these rumors.

Ramo$e, Fyreball, vince and 1 other person like this.
  12. riko

riko Member

Thanks my man. Now just listening

13. topfive

topfive CF OG

There's a big difference between them despising each other, them having a beef, and them not being on the same page.

Judging from what's actually happened last season and especially this summer, rather than what's been said, I'd say these guys haven't been on the same page for a few months.

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

SLRokJok, justtxyank and riko like this.
  15. riko

riko Member

16. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

The trade of CP3 just screams to me that there is no way they were on the same page. There's no way you go to management, asking them to acquire one friend by shipping out another if you're on the same page. It just doesn't make sense. I'm not saying they hated each other, or that there was a major beef, but Harden pushing for a WB trade just shows he didn't want CP3 here, or at the very least is ok with his friend not being on this team.

don grahamleone and topfive like this.
  17. justtxyank

Well the report was that the Rockets tried to make it work while keeping Chris Paul and adding Westbrook

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I dun believe him 100% but yup it was overblown.

Also Austin is not entirely in the loop.

I also believe other players who said that CP3 isn't an easy teammate. A competitor for sure.......

19. treyk3

treyk3 Member

He also called Shump his ex teammate at the end.

He's been training at the same facility as Shump during the off-season so it's either a SNT or he's walking.

Richie_Rich, nemac, jch1911 and 11 others like this.
  20. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

I have a hard time believing they couldn't do it with an Eric Gordon based trade. Also, having Harden/WB/CP3 all under salary for the next couple of years (isn't that like $120 M?!?) probably would have had Tils in fits. Hey maybe I'm wrong here, I just don't think Houston gave keeping Paul any thought.

justtxyank and topfive like this.