1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The inevitable Feigen fluff article

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Nook, Jul 16, 2019.

1. Nook

Nook Member

Translation: “They didn’t consult me on Westbrook. I don’t know that this **** will work and even if it works I am not sure I want to work for a man that wouldn’t extend me or consult me before dealing my second best player.”

2. Nook

Nook Member

Pandering is over the top. My understanding is that Daryl really isn’t interesting I’m leaving the city of Houston at this point. I don’t doubt for a minute that he could get another job, just that it would require up rooting his family and a situation he is very comfortable being in from a quality of life perspective.

3. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

This stuff matters. It's not a video game.

4. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

There's levels to it, though. IMO, Daryl is an all-time great at his job. I'd be very, very surprised if he loved Houston enough to work for a bottom 10% or 20% ownership group.

I think a more reasonable takeaway is that ownership is probably middle of the pack.

jch1911, mikol13, BigM and 3 others like this.
  5. amaru

amaru Member

I took that as more of an ultimatum from Tilman given the lack of progress towards an extension well before WB was even an option. But this could be true as well.

6. Nook

Nook Member

I don’t know if we are good enough to win a championship at this point. I know I would be more confident if we had added another major piece.

Lame duck would imply a coach that will be replaced at the end of his term. Based on the recent statement of MDA I’m not even sure he wants to come back at this point.

Feigen does write fluff, it is his job. He writes the spin the Rockets organization gives him. It has been insulting to the intelligence of anyone paying attention. If not Feigen, someone else would do it. Hence I do not blame him.

slothy420, jch1911, Gray_Jay and 2 others like this.
  7. Nook

Nook Member

It is hard to say. He may very well retire or find something else to pass his time like Sam Heinke did. Look no farther than JVG. Everyone felt he would coach until he dropped dead.

8. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Sure they would. I’m sure you know exactly what Morey was thinking. It does not change the main point, teams did not want to give us useful free players.

By the way, are you an insider?

How do you know Morey wasn’t interested in Gallo, Pat or Adams? Is this some Holic-Sense or do you have real insight into who Morey wants?

#48 RudyTBag, Jul 16, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2019
  9. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Tilman is gonna turn us into the Knicks man lmfao

10. Nook

Nook Member

Are you not paying attention? The Rockets had the opportunity to roll another player into the Westbrook trade from either the Thunder or a third team.... and they didn’t. The Rockets had an opportunity to add appreciable talent under the rules that they would otherwise not be able to.

This really isn’t debatable. It is math. There is no news letter only the order and logic of mathematics.

11. Highlyrated

Highlyrated Member

First off it was Tillman who pushed for this trade not morey ,we have to give him credit for that ,Secondly how bout u sell your house and send Tillman those funds so he can go into Lux Tax ,if not just shut your mouth.

hakeem94 likes this.
  12. Nook

Nook Member

Is that you Patrick? You left your macaroni and cheese on the counter. You know how your daddy gets if you leave a mess.

13. Nook

Nook Member

Have you been drinking? I never said who the Rockets were targeting. I said the Rockets had the ability to expand the trade and it didn’t have to only include the Thunder.

This isn’t that complicated.

luckyman76, Gray_Jay and ChumpCity like this.
  14. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Seems to me like this is an assertion that the “other player” wouldn’t come from the Thunder.

How would anyone know that?

15. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Wrong. You did not say that.

You said (I quoted it above) that the third player “wouldn’t come from OKC”. Are you sure that I am the one drinking?

Bizarre.

16. Game7

Game7 Member

Lots of people here suggesting the Rockets are cheap for not expanding the trade...
    Is it not entirely possible that we tried to do something like this and OKC didn’t make players available (or some other 3rd team) without us adding more to the trade?
    It seems like everybody wants something more to happen but who is to say that just because somebody threw some **** at the wall that it is a realistic option?
    Do we not have every reason to believe that the hang up on the trade being official was us trying to expand the trade? It would be a whole lot less likely that we just didn’t even try to expand the trade.

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

What? Yea, of course they would. That’s not the issue. I was speaking of the 3rd team.

18. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

PP is a negative asset. You can’t trade him for value. Why would we take on money for a player who isn’t going to play.

hakeem94 likes this.
  19. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

There is nothing that indicates this. Nothing. Look at the coaching and front office talent that has left in recent years. Look at the refusal to spend the MLE two years in a row in James Harden's prime! I don't give two sh!ts above the fancy team plane- they are not getting the players, coaches, or front office employees needed to perform at the highest level. We can see it before our eyes. Tilman spent $300 million more than he needed to so he would have a toy to give to his son to run in the future. He should sell the team.

20. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

What you’re saying is plausible but if we look at Morey’s track record, he is aware of all the angles and creative ways to make things work (e.g Chris Paul trade). What we’re not seeing is the same type of Morey “magic” that was there before Tillman owned the team. Just by looking at Morey’s deals over the years we would have netted a usable piece in addition to Westbrook.