1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Did Lebron James cost Marcus Morris $41M Clippers Deal?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Clips/Roxfan, Jul 16, 2019.

1. Clips/Roxfan

Clips/Roxfan Member

2. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I didn't watch the video, but the upside is he gets $15 million for one year.

A big gamble, indeed - especially on health - but look at JJ Reddick; he got $23, $12, $13, and now will get another $13 and $13. Or heck Trevor Ariza.

If Morris plays well, its a worse FA class next year - assuming AD stays with the Lakers - and there should be a good offer for him.

3. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Lebron James is a douchebag.

4. Vivi

Vivi Member

Something similar probably happened to Noel too since he fired Paul lol

luckyman76, malakas and Pistol Pete like this.
  5. Clips/Roxfan

Clips/Roxfan Member

True, but if Morris gets hurt ala Cousins than he gets nothing. Big gamble considering that he only earned 20 million on his previous contract. Hopefully the Clippers can trade Moe Harkless (A St Johns product) to the Knicks for Morris later in the season. They would probably reward him with a long term deal to play alongside George and Kawhi.

6. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I WANT TO KNOW THE TRUTH!

BigM, Mazulis and Deckard like this.
  7. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

You take 13.66 million per / 3 years over 15 million one year pretty easily considering the risk of injury, especially on a contender when you're about to turn 30, especially considering your previous contract was a BARGAIN deal at only 4/20 mill. Then there's the fact that, he wasn't going to take that NYK deal, we was going to take a 2/20 deal from the Spurs.

If Morris is lucky, he will play well / stay healthy, and will get a full 4 year MLE of 4/44 next year from a contender.

All of this besides the fact, if your agent doesn't disclose deals to you his ass is grass and he deserves to be sued.

8. Jontro

Jontro Member

get woke

9. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The level players and their agents go these days to form super teams is out of control.

Mazulis likes this.
  10. J.R.

J.R. Member

YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!

11. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I hope this really hurts Rich Paul's reputation around the league, such a sleazy move but not surprising.

As great as Lebron is he wants to play on EZ mode. That's why I love what Kawhi did, basically told Lebron to nut up and compete instead of going to the Lakers and stacking the team.

12. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Lieutenant Paul ordered the dismissal of the contract offer, because thats what you told Lieutenant Paul to do! Col. lebtich, DID YOU order the contract to be dead....?

13. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

yes, I know all this.

I was just laying out the upside, lol.

14. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

A dude who hasn’t played 70 total games in 2 years telling someone else to compete is pretty hilarious, nicely done

15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Right, because it's not like Kawhi didn't have a serious injury the previous year as you certainly cherry-picked the number 70, Kawhi played more games than Lebron last year... and Lebron was desperately trying to create another superteam in LA...

16. Nook

Nook Member

I'm not sure Marcus Morris has figured out how to hold a fork or tie his own shoes........ so I doubt he realizes he has been hoodwinked.

[​IMG]

D-rock and AroundTheWorld like this.
  17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I love how we as fans simply all things and talk like we would have done a lot better if we had GOAT talent.

For the record I would have loved to play with Wade and Bosh if I were him.

#17 daywalker02, Jul 19, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
  18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Didn't we have a lot of HOF players always criticize LeBron for his move to Miami though? Also old school guys seem to mock and make fun of super teams on the sly all the time, it's not just fans opinion of him.

19. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

After all that went down with Marcus Morris this year and a few other odd dealings I feel like Rich Paul is going to be screwed once Lebron retires unless Bronny is the second coming. Representing the most powerful player in the league has allowed him to have a huge amount of influence on the league. Without it? We'll see.

D-rock likes this.
  20. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I'm guessing Noel is probably still kicking himself for turning down that $70 million contract from Cuban.

From https://okcthunderwire.usatoday.com/2019/07/13/nerlens-noel-has-reportedly-fired-agent-rich-paul/ :

After the Thunder’s 2018-19 backup big man didn’t pick up his option for 2019-20 so he could test free agency, Noel agreed to return to Oklahoma City on the first day of 2019 Free Agency Moratorium. But the commitment didn’t even last the night, with Noel asking the Thunder for time to rethink his decision soon after the two parties had come to terms.

Less than 24 hours after de-committing, Noel once again agreed to return to the Thunder.

Now, Noel’s then-agent Rich Paul was not brought up in the course of the negotiations. But given Paul’s responsibilities, he may have played a part in the confusion. Paul’s handling of the matter could also be why Noel fired him on Saturday.