1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Woj/Shams] Bye bye Jimmy. Heat finalizing deal

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, Jun 30, 2019.

1. malakas

malakas Member

Well its very likely it will still happen only in Miami.
    I dont think that even Riley will be able to control the situation.

JayGoogle likes this.
  2. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

Winning was never Butler’s priority. He’s a self centered player who is more worried about money and location. I’m not going to knock him for it because to each their own but he better not come out next season complaining about loosing because that’s what he chose.

Hakeemtheking, mario_v and Ramo$e like this.
  3. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

He's not going to complain about losing. He's in the eastern conference.

D-rock likes this.
  4. jacoby

jacoby Member

I'm so glad we missed out on Butler. We are much better off for it.

Butler/Westbrook are in the same tier as far as impact on the court, in my opinion. The difference is with Westbrook we got to keep our core in-tact and with Butler we would have hard-capped ourselves and lost all of our front-court depth in the process. It would have been a disaster.

5. threepointshot3

jimmy would deck Paul if he starts his nonsense with him. Jimmy is a rough rider

JayGoogle likes this.
  6. RocketsFan247

RocketsFan247 Member

Does the timing of this trade make anyone upset that we could have had Russ, Harden, and Jimmy?

7. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

You may still find out... CP is most likely to go to Miami right now..

JayGoogle likes this.
  8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Lol oh yeah, I do not doubt that, but that's the thing...CP3 will bark back and talk back and fight back.

9. threepointshot3

If Jimmy wasn’t scared of a 7 foot 260 pounds towns then he sure as hell wouldn’t blink eye at Paul.

10. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Explain how we could have had Russ, James, and Jimmy. Jimmy chose Miami FIRST. That's where he always wanted to end up. How does our timing of the Russ trade impact Jimmy's decision whatsoever??

11. GermanRoxFan

GermanRoxFan Member

i'm pretty sure cp3 could beat up 7 foot 260 pounds towns...

xaos likes this.
  12. RocketsFan247

RocketsFan247 Member

He looked to be wavering between Miami and Houston, judging by his Youtube vid, talking with his friends. You're right, but I think a couple factors could have made him think a little harder: the team's new face lift with Russ instead of CP; and knowing that pairing with a Harden/Russ is better than a pairing with CP which appears to be Miami's only option.

13. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Meh, if anyone in this situation should have regret, it's Jimmy. Rockets have a deep, dangerous squad now (contingent on maybe one more move), and most importantly.....it's a roster full of guys who WANT to be here.

luckyman76 likes this.
  14. J.R.

J.R. Member

Looks like Tomball Jimmy made the right decision?

15. Lawlruschang

Lawlruschang Member

if you want to consistently be a top 6 seed in the eastern conference, yes. if you want a chance to win a championship, no

16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Time will tell

I do think we should remember we were going after Butler to add to CP3+Harden. Westbrook wasn't even a thought then.

We'd be a lot bigger.

CP3-Harden-Butler-Tucker-Capela is a roster that makes a lot more sense than what we have now and is still a better team (on paper) than what the Heat are running with. Also, 4 of those 5 guys are defensive minded...I think that's a championship caliber team, even with MDA coaching, I think he missed out on that.

Heat still aren't doing anything this season, but they are well coached, disciplined, and always play hard and always play defense.

17. omgTHEpotential

[​IMG]

18. Reeko

Reeko Member

Why u gotta do this? :(

19. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Good call, Jim.

20. Vivi

Vivi Member

Just look at the Heat, they really don't have that much talent, they actually play an undrafted rookie, two bigs, one can't move his feet and the other one can't shoot, but they hustle and make up for it...i hate to say it, but that's why Butler is a great fit there, he goes out there and compete on both ends, just like Kawhi.

If Butler would've come here we would've lost Capela and Gordon in the sign & trade to get him, but we would've drafted (i think it's safe to say this at this point) Clarke and signed one between Looney and McGee, if not DeAndre, can't remember if he already agreed to sign with Brooklyn...maybe we would've got another pieces from Boston, Smart or Williams, not sure though...regardless, the roster would've probably looked like this:

Looney (or McGee)/Chandler
    Tucker/Clarke
    Butler/House
    Harden/Sefolosha
    Paul/Rivers

JayGoogle likes this.