1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[July 2019] Do you like the CP3 for Westbrook trade?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sajan, Jul 11, 2019.

?

Do you like the trade?

Poll closed Oct 11, 2019.
  1. Yes

509 vote(s)
    75.6%
  2. No

164 vote(s)
    24.4%
  1. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

Gotta risk it for the biscuit!

CP3 was finally having a healthy season and he did very little to help Harden close out the play off games. If he had come here a few years earlier the potential for Harden to coexist with him would have been better.

I'm approaching this duo with caution, I can see Westbrook having the green light to take shots but when he's having a good shooting night he's going to at least help Harden out offensively . Even with his numerous knee surgeries he can still play defense.

If Westbrook actually wanted to come here both Harden and him will need to shoot off the ball to compliment each other . They both know that , and I think CP3 was too set in his ways to adjust and have a shooters mentality this late in his career.

I'm excited to see how this season goes, there'll be some growing pains but you know Westbrook will want to take shots when he had the ball (for better or worse).

2. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

I'm talking myself into it.

The main reason I'm OK with it is that "Run it back" meant another year of getting bounced in the 2nd round of the playoffs.

This at least has the possibility for something great.

don grahamleone and Blake like this.
  3. vick

vick Member

Now Morey needs to get Iggy.

4. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

Babydick Clit Capela better be ready

don grahamleone and Bengchu like this.
  5. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Mixed emotions on this one:

.....................CP3......................................................................Westbrook....................................
    Contract ends (21/22) $44.2M player option.............Contract ends (22/23) $46.7M player option
    Age:...............34.............................................................................30............................................
    Height:...........6’0”...........................................................................6’3”..........................................
    Points:...........15.6..........................................................................22.9.........................................
    Defense:....Smart defender/undersized when switching D.....Rests on defense/ decent switch defender if mind right.
    Offense:.........Assist guy/ lost a step...........................................Scorer-assist guy/ lost a step.
    Fast Break:....Lost a step/ looked old..........................................Lost a step, but 1 of the fastest players coast to coast.
    Half Court:.....sets up Offense/slow-organized/lets D set up......Sets up Offense fast, 7 seconds or less fit. Sloppy.
    Health:...........Injury prone...............................................................Durable more or less.
    Disciplined within the offense and defensive schemes................undisciplined (lots of mid range garbage shots)

Guess it comes down to, “how old will each be at the end of their current contracts?”....when the smoke clears.

#45 ApacheWarrior, Jul 11, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
    Relativist and roslolian like this.
  6. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I said yes because **** it....why not?

Kim likes this.
  7. YOLO

YOLO Member

its funny how, you could probably search the post history of over half the board and everyone talks about wb and his negative attributes. how he's so inefficient, terrible decision maker, ego driven, cant shoot. etc

all of a sudden that's flipped eh ;)

8. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

I agree with both sentiments. I am hyped though. I’m ready to see what happens. I do think Westbrook is an upgrade over cp.

don grahamleone likes this.
  9. ChumpCity

ChumpCity Member

I’m ready for all the triple-dubs!!

Oh, and can you babies stop crying about the “fit” until he actually plays a game?

This duo is up there with Kawhi/PG, LBJ/AD, and Steph/Klay......and much better than Beard and his cranky Grandpa.

(Cue the fireworks GIF’s)

10. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Gonna say No right now but ask me again in the morning

luckyman76 and don grahamleone like this.
  11. solid

solid Contributing Member

Harden's pound the baskeball strategy will have to change. RW is not going to run down the court and watch Harden dribble, I promise you. He is just as much a ball hog as Harden is. If they can figure out how to play together they can be lethal. No body plays harder that RW.

dcfma, Hakeemtheking and Bengchu like this.
  12. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

I will flip if all those accurate descriptions of his game flip in our system.

Until then...

13. Bo6

Bo6 Member

i don't like it.....

I LOVE IT

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

chances that bad huh ;)

15. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

I hated Charles Barkley...until he was a rocket

I hated Pippen...until he was a rocket. And then even moreso when he was a rocket

I hated CP3...until he was a rocket.

Russ? Hated him this morning.

But whythe**** not???! Let’s see and we can always trade him for something. Not so much with old ass Paul

don grahamleone, kjayp and Bengchu like this.
  16. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Omg.....

peleincubus likes this.
  17. YOLO

YOLO Member

disliking players is part of sports. but there's not much you can do about actual fit. and this is an odd fit no doubt

18. bj3175

bj3175 Member

No More State Farm commercials

19. Philter_09

Philter_09 Member

Now go find a small forward and we good. Gordon needs to come off the bench with this duo dominating the ball lol

Y2JT likes this.
  20. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

I will say this. I am confident there is a version of Westbrook that can help us a ton and make us very dangerous.

I’m not confident we get that version.

solid and seeingred like this.