1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clutchfans - Let's Support Russell Westbrook

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BeardNation13, Jul 11, 2019.

1. BeardNation13

BeardNation13 Member

We all know the usual Westbrook criticism on here - low efficiency, high volume, no defense, not a winning player etc etc

But now that he is here let's look at the positives and support him

- We were not winning **** with #runitback. This gives us some hope
    - Westbrook is going to push the ball at all times, Rockets have been playing too slow
    - Westbrook will fight and grab those rebounds
    - It has been said Harden has never had a superstar in his prime, now here he is
    - Above all Westbrook wants to WIN and is close with Harden

[​IMG]

2. Rasheed

Rasheed Member

3. Pandaemonaeon

Pandaemonaeon Member

If the Thunder fans can find it in their heart to support us out of respect for Russ, I can give Russ a shot. Can't be any worse than Dwight and Melo.

4. BeardNation13

BeardNation13 Member

This will be their new pre-game routine

[​IMG]

5. theoldblood

theoldblood Member

I'm on board. I believe the relationship they already have is gonna be a huge factor.

Lawlruschang, Rox11, amaru and 5 others like this.
  6. johnk2220

johnk2220 Member

as long as russ knows who needs to have the ball in their hands with the game on the line....

7. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

Russell Westbrook. Is an elite specimen

8. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Support shouldn't be an issue if you're a fan.

9. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Westbrook is in his prime? I don’t think so.

Maybe Chris Paul was really unhappy or the Rockets had good reason to think that his abilities would plummet in the coming years. In that case, I guess I could live with this. But it’s definitely a downgrade compared to what CP3 was in his first year as Rocket.

Westbrook is going to have to put in some work as a team player to win over Rockets fans and the city. I hope he left the “next question” stuff in OKC.

I did like the “no more questions for you, bro” line against the reporter trying to put a wedge between him and Harden during Harden’s contract year — I can’t lie.

#9 durvasa, Jul 11, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
    Why not?, don grahamleone and Kim like this.
  10. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

I can't. With how much I've **** on WB the past five years, in my heart of hearts I know that he 1. doesn't play a winning style of basketball; and 2. isn't going to change his game for us. Not when he couldn't accommodate MUCH more capable counterparts in Kevin Durant and Paul George.

God. We've seen this show before. It does NOT result in a championship. Why have you forsaken us, Morey?!?!?

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

12. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

When fans realize the situation the franchise is in for the next 8 years, and they realize acquiring Westbrook is the reason that happened, we'll see how supportive they are.

As bad as the CP3 contract made our future look, this could be literally 2x as bad in terms of future ruination.

Dream Shook likes this.
  13. Pandaemonaeon

Pandaemonaeon Member

With CP3 unfortunately unable to win his chip with us, I'm even more invested to have Harden win it all now that Russ is here. I can't stand to see the Snake be the only one of the trio to get a title.

SF3isBack!!, Lawlruschang and Rox11 like this.
  14. SemisolidSnake

Welcome to Houston, Russell Westbrook. All we ask is that you play out of your mind to win. I think you already know how to do that. Let's go get a championship.

15. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

James and Russ know it's gonna be Russ.

MDA knows it's gonna be Russ, so why call the timeout?

16. Newlin

Newlin Member

If you are a Rockets fan, then you have no choice but to root for Westbrook. I find it easier to root for Westbrook than LeBron.

17. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I supported Ryan Anderson and Jerry Lin so you know I'm in.

18. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

lol the dude whose posts consist of 95% Harden bashing is asking to not bash but lend support to the lesser player we just acquired.

Gotta love it

19. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Bro chill..you are making too much sense for clutchfans...not the time and place.

20. icewill36

icewill36 Member

i hear you, but...
    if there is any coach that can get the best offensively out of westbrook its mike D. i expect his % to go up....

harden is better than PG
    we have more capable shooters than they had around him
    capela is better defensively than adams, who was a point of attack for the opposition
    our pace should pick up significantly with WB.
    he helps rebounding

what i am saying is, dont expect this to just be the exact same thing you may have seen in OKC. the rockets still could use some front court help, but this is a legit duo. we have two MVP players. CP3 declined to the point he was not an all-star anymore.

WB is a wildcard but this could be a good thing. there are positives and some reasons to be excited.