1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Jeff Bzdelik to the Pels

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by joshuaao, Jul 8, 2019.

1. acjeitherocket

wow......this a great off season we're having.....

2. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

Reddit post showed we did adjust but they smoked every single scheme we threw at them one by one in the 4th quarter. And really Andre ****ing Iguodala made 5/8 3s, then went literally 0 for whatever until deep into the NBA finals.

3. D-rock

D-rock Member

Then Morey needs to hire Erman, stat.

4. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

I mean, his contract was up and he kinda half ass quit right before the season started. And it’s pretty obvious where all of the summer leaks to ESPN have come from right?

But no, I wasn’t being super cereal with that comment.

5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I wonder how this team would operate with Less instead of Tilman today. Tilman seems to have no discipline and so far has been pretty damn horrible given the roster he inherited.

6. Red Nation RGV

With how the season ended combined with this offseason I have become numb

BaselineFade likes this.
  7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Moving to a place with coachable talent.

DD

bmelo and Rasheed like this.
  8. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

"Big Easy Biglydik"

9. topfive

topfive CF OG

Rockets didn't fire Bzdelik. They chose not to renew his contract, which is a very different thing. And since that contract was nearly extorted from Tilman, who can blame him?

I quit just before the season and sunk your ship, and now I'll agree to come back for a gigantic raise, but only if you dump Melo.

F$#k guys like Bzdelik. Should have made it clear earlier last summer that he would not agree to coach if Melo was on the team. To wait until the last second, then bail on us, was inexcusable and cowardly.

wesbound likes this.
  10. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

I agree with not bringing him back because while I agree the defense suffered without him there beginning of last season, I think the defense suffered more from there defensive coach quitting last minute which left the rockets with no good recourse. I think the rockets decided to move on from him because they didn't want to be held hostage by him for one more year.

topfive likes this.
  11. BigBum

BigBum Member

Why he retires last year?

12. Rasheed

Rasheed Member

@tinman this is what pure blood looks like

13. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I'm intrigued by this post. You wonder how this team would operate under Les if he didn't sell the team? I'm not even going to go THAT far back but you do recall that the Ryan Anderson signing happened under Les' ownership right? The Kevin McHale era also happened under Les' watch too.

SemisolidSnake likes this.
  14. SemisolidSnake

We'll just have to wait and see. Granted, I didn't watch the first part of last season, but I certainly wasn't impressed with our defense as a whole even after he got back. It worked well at times, usually when trying to protect a lost lead, and it failed spectacularly at times. And there was zero transition D. We'll see.

15. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

For old time's sake -> why don't you elaborate on this argument? What is "uncoachable" about the Rockets? They became an elite defensive team for stretches under Bzd with their switching scheme and did a very good job of shoving the once-indomitable GSW offense into a phone booth, where they escaped with a hamstring, a foster, and 4 HOF players.

Seems like they got pretty coached to me. What does it seem like to you?

BigShasta likes this.
  16. topfive

topfive CF OG

Not to mention the Kelvin Cato signing and the Scottie Quitten debacle.

steddinotayto likes this.
  17. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Nice gig for Bzldyk.. should get more than 30min a practice to implement his defense In Naw Leans.

18. steddinotayto

I didn't want to go that far back considering the poster I replied to seemed to be pretty green in terms of his fandom for this team.

#58 steddinotayto, Jul 9, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2019
    topfive likes this.
  19. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

You seem offended? Are you Tilman? Tilman is boisterous similar to Morey.

There is a a difference between bad player decisions from the GM and firing coaching staff on bad terms. Tilman seems to do things for change sakes only with no plan.

20. steddinotayto

lol why would I be offended? You and others on here are ready to burn the owner at the stake after two years of owning the team. Your questioning of whether or not Les could have done any better makes it seem as though you 1. weren't around as a fan of the team during the entire Les era or 2. you were around but conveniently forget that Les was the owner during some of Morey's boneheaded signings and acquisitions as well.

Remember the Ryan Anderson contract?
    Remember the Jeremy Lin poison pill?
    Remember the Omer Asik poison pill?

Also to add: Not everyone can inherit a team that wins a championship in their first year of ownership.