1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ESPN and Zach Lowe just LOL @ the bunch of knee-jerk fans here

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Texanasiafan, Jul 8, 2019.

1. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Yeah, lets just fire DM and dump CP3's contract and sell the team back to Les.

LOL

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/27143232/winners-losers-wildest-nba-week-ever

Winner: A continuity test case
    Two years ago, a GM told me "continuity is the lost currency of the NBA." I liked that.

There is a tendency as teams load up to assume those who stand pat have fallen behind. But basketball is a rhythm sport. Teams improve as players develop deeper familiarity with each other. Continuity can be a strength. It might grow more powerful amid crazy year-to-year turnover.

The Houston Rockets, San Antonio Spurs and Denver Nuggets are all banking on that. It has seemed like an awful summer for Houston. The Los Angeles teams loaded up. The Clippers will enter this season ahead of the Rockets; the Lakers might, too. There have been firings and contract disputes and rumblings of near-fatal chemistry issues.

Houston is really good. It was the only Western Conference team to challenge the Durant-era Warriors. It is bringing everyone back. But a lot of its players are on the wrong side of the aging curve. If the rumored fissures are real, it may indicate that Houston's style of play (i.e. James Harden's) has a shelf life -- that stylistic continuity would not carry the usual benefits.

Still: Too many discussions about the reloaded West have ignored the Rockets.

tmoney1101, Tfor3, tc0330 and 21 others like this.
  2. bratna8

bratna8 Member

3. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

4. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

What? People don't knee jerk here. It's a bunch of critical thinkers with deep knowledge of organizational behavior and financial planning.

5. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Screw that. I heard that the Lakers are thinking about the possibility of signing a 12 year old kid out of Europe that's 7'0". Do something Morey!!!

tmoney1101, tc0330, CDrex and 8 others like this.
  6. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

The Rockets are old, too small and depend on one guy to carry them through the regular season.

vick, Denovo and Highlyrated like this.
  7. don grahamleone

He is doing something.. he's ignoring you.

BeBreezy, RudyTBag and steddinotayto like this.
  8. Ericonomist

Ericonomist Member

the problem is, we are not bringing everyone back. Who's gonna be our back up C? Do we need another wing player?

vick, carib and don grahamleone like this.
  9. HOUSTON2017

HOUSTON2017 Member

you know whats funny to me., that the Rockets never intended for them to stay pat (They went after Bulter ) they put Capela/ Gordon on the market, and are still in rumors that they are interested in Westbrook. Now they will come out to say that they feel good, that their starters are all coming back blah blah

10. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I guess my sarcastic post hit a nerve?

11. JW86

JW86 Member

Spurs and Nuggets got better, Rockets didn’t.

vick, malakas, Hui and 5 others like this.
  12. HOUSTON2017

HOUSTON2017 Member

i dont have any clue, it just seems like we are worst in depth than last year.. What happen to we will get a starting caliber player with the MLE?

Highlyrated likes this.
  13. Sledge187

Sledge187 Member

All I ask is for the Rockets to trade for every All-Star available and sign them to league minimum contracts. Get to work Morey!

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. HOUSTON2017

HOUSTON2017 Member

exactly.. Marcus Morris in San Antonio :(

15. Sledge187

Sledge187 Member

I agree...losing Melo was huge.

Dacamel and MC31B like this.
  16. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

So what your saying is...#RunItBack?

J Sizzle likes this.
  17. don grahamleone

Nah, I'm not mad/angry or anything. Certainly not at you. However, the negativity from the board overall is ridiculous. Have we ever known Morey to do nothing? Has he ever sat one out? If we know anything about the guy, it's that he's trying behind the scenes at all times to make moves. Negotiations don't always work out, especially when your negotiating chips aren't the best. I guess I have more faith in Morey than this board does.

The glass is half empty folks are killing any positive thought around here and that's what sucks. I know we need more depth, but Morey is working on that. Guaranteed. But people act like he's on vacation.. really?

18. don grahamleone

They didn't get better than us overall so quit spewing your negative bs. Or call mommy.. she'll make it all better.

jcf, hakeem94 and Sledge187 like this.
  19. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Clutchfans post free agency period 2019:

[​IMG]

20. HP3

HP3 Member

See thats my thing, do people really think Morey(of all people) who is super competitive is just sitting there with his thumb up his butt. Its really childish to think just because this off season hasnt gone well for us that Daryl is just sitting there being some kind of lazy buffoon. It doesnt make any sense.