1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(Amick BOMB) - Rockets may pursue Westbrook

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ThatBoyNick, Jul 7, 2019.

1. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Hated the idea at first, but I'm good with going completely radical.

Small window...Make a bold move...Screw it..

2. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Cp3 was hanging out with Brodie few times this offseason

matchesmalone and RasaqBoi like this.
  3. BeBreezy

BeBreezy Member

Most people wanted the ball in Chris Paul's hands more because he could create very well for others. Also, Paul handling the ball meant more movement on offense naturally. If we get Westbrook we're pretty much doubling down on ISO ball, which we already know a majority of the players on the team have had an issue with. For God's sake, Eric just liked a post on Twitter in which a fan asked the Rockets to improve ball movement this year! This is the opposite of what we want to do.

4. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

This COULD work provided that Harden actually plays off the ball more.

5. riko

riko Member

Someone needs to save morey from himself. This has Harden telling more to get my buddy again.

6. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

not sure this can happen without also moving Chris Paul. And the idea that players get no choice in where they are traded is untrue, since no team wants a malcontent who doesn't want to be there. I don't see CP3 going to OKC, so it would have to be a 3-team deal ...but it would also have to involve CP3, no?

As far as how it would help the team ...i think a Harden-Westbrook back court would be hard to stop; then you've got Gordon and Rivers off the bench to help with shooting. That's probably the best back court in the league right there. I realize our problem is in the front court, but one thing at a time. if you can add Westbrook while getting rid of Paul's contract, that seems like a wise thing to do. Not sure what else we have to give up to make it happen; depending on the pieces there's definitely a point where it doesn't make sense for us.

But if we just think we can sit back and field the same team, and be back in the WCF we are deluding ourselves. Clips, Utah, Golden State, Portland, Denver ...they are all legit contenders now. The West IS wide open, but that doesn't mean that last year's team is good enough to win the west next season. Yes we have to be careful drastically altering the team, but that shouldn't stop us from making bold moves that improve the team. It's time to see all of that loud talk from Tilman, Tad and Morey translate into action.

everyday eddie and Rudyc281 like this.
  7. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Zero interest

Terrible defender, terrible shooter...

8. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Only way I’m interested in a Harden Westbrook reunion is if it’s a harden Westbrook Durant reunion

9. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

Pairing them up again would be so wholesome! I love all situations for him: Detroit, Miami, Houston all places he can remain competitive

10. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Thunder would rather send him east but Presti is at least honoring Westbrook's request as far as the destination he chooses.

11. Genesis

Genesis Contributing Member

Next level iso ball!

pippendagimp likes this.
  12. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I want him to go to Miami. He and Butler fighting over who is the alpha dog would be hilarious to watch.

#72 Williamson, Jul 7, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2019
  13. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Maybe just maybe if we do get rid of cp3 Lakers get involved

Lakers get cp3
    Okc gets kuz other assets
    Houston gets Brodie

But I can’t see lakers trading kuz now

14. Vivi

Vivi Member

Lol Detroit would be kinda amazing to watch, Drummond, Blake, Kieff, Russ, Reggie (although he would be likely traded in this scenario)...worst assembled team ever in terms of wasted talent and bad personalities.

luckyman76 and pippendagimp like this.
  15. Furious Jam

Furious Jam Contributing Member

You could (i) send CP3 and Capela to Miami, (ii) send Goran Dragic, Justise Winslow, and Bam Adebayo to OKC, and (iii) send Westbrook, Kelly Olynyk, and Meyers Leonard to Houston. I think we would also have to give both OKC and Miami first round picks to sweeten the deal.

After that I would sign Jonas Jerebko, which would give you the following lineup:

PG: Westbrook / Rivers
    SG: Harden / Gordon
    SF: Tucker/ House
    PF: Olynyk / Jerebko
    C: Leonard / Hartenstein

That's 10 solid guys and D'Antoni can go small if he wants. Plus you save the remainder of your MLE for when a desirable big man gets bought out/waived later in the season.

Le$$ likes this.
  16. macan

macan Member

i just hope Morey don't say a word this time..

17. Vivi

Vivi Member

If this happens (and it won't happen) i'm going to suicide.

luckyman76 and arubato like this.
  18. Le$$

Le$$ Member

ya id assume paul would have to be moved with picks going to heat. Eric gordon expiring and dragic going to okc, and olynyk. Rockets could get back James Johnson as well as westbrook. Rockets would have to throw the farm to OKC as well . 2020-25 Picks

But hey with Westbrook and Harden you would not need draft picks for 5 + years.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  19. Blackjack84

Blackjack84 Member

Noooooooooooo he is way too expensive and need to stay far away as possible we will lose too many role player star chasing

20. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Westsbrook and Harden could be an all-time lazy defense. Having one guy who barely moves on D is bad. Having two would make your defense historically bad.

luckyman76 and Vivi like this.