1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[As of 7/2/2019] Which team is the most interesting to you?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by steddinotayto, Jul 2, 2019.

1. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Mine would be the Pacers in the East and the Jazz in the West.

Indy, once Vic comes back, has a pretty good starting 5, probably better than Boston's and Toronto's if Kawhi leaves.

Utah finally has a point guard they can rely on to play on both ends of the floor and Bogdanovic should end up as their 2nd best player by season's end.

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

Utah in the west for me as well. to me they've added the most pieces they needed to and its clear they're going for it now that GS is out of the picture. but of course the lakers pending with the kawhi situation. for utah it really comes down to whether or not spida mitch is going to be that type of guy. the surrounding players is more than enough to be a contending team. they addressed their weaknesses but that can only do so much if your best player doesn't take steps forward

In the east, I'm liking this philly team more than this previous year. They've gotten bigger, more defense and versatility and still maintained shooting with the additions of horford/richardson. there's alot less of the who needs the ball in their hands, while grabbing guys who don't mind the intangibles which is what every winning team needs. like utah however, their stars will have to take steps forward also, if they're going to reach their full potential.

steddinotayto likes this.
  3. steddinotayto

My kneejerk reaction to Philly signing Horford was wtf were they thinking but then thought about all those times they didn't have Embiid because he was out with injury and Horford is a pretty good insurance policy up front. They better hope that Tobias can elevate his game even more though. I'm still not a believer in Ben Simmons, he of no perimeter shot.

Jayzers_100 and YOLO like this.
  4. mig0s

mig0s Member

Pelicans. I just wanna see Zion in the NBA

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

with the additions, it seems they're basically saying they're going to surround him with 4 guys that are offensive threats in one way or another. but yeah ben is still going to have to add to his game on the offensive end. they've been trying to hide him on that end by allowing him to just get transition buckets, taking advantage of smaller guards down low, or 2nd chance opportunities around the basket

6. steddinotayto

I don't know how I forgot about the Pelicans! They addressed their lack of perimeter shooting with JJ. They are pretty deep even if their team is young.

Okafor/Favors
    Zion/
    Ingram
    Redick/Moore
    Holiday/Ball/Hart

plutoblue11 and PlayBall like this.
  7. Vivi

Vivi Member

Jazz and Pacers for me too.

I'm really curious to see the Sixers, ton of talent but Horford playing the 4 full time after 10 years he has been playing center, and Harris (Melo) at the 3...i'm not sold.

PlayBall likes this.
  8. steddinotayto

What if the Sixers underperform...is Brett Brown going to get the axe?

plutoblue11 and malakas like this.
  9. J.R.

J.R. Member

Sixers, Kings, Knicks, Nets, Pelicans, Raptors, Blazers, Warriors
    Really the Kings & Pelicans
    Yeah, Jazz/Nuggets are gonna be good. Not interesting. ;)

sw847, malakas and steddinotayto like this.
  10. YOLO

YOLO Member

is it brett or brand though? haha

11. steddinotayto

Touche lol

12. Vivi

Vivi Member

Probably, Sixers fans already b****ed all the season about him, if they're going to underperform they'll probably fire him.

13. Vivi

Vivi Member

Oh, Kings too btw, love the depth they've been able to put together, they're going to be really fun and maybe even in the playoff race if Fox and Bagley make another step in their development.

BaselineFade and steddinotayto like this.
  14. malakas

malakas Member

the Lakers if Kawhi doesn't join them, and noone if Kawhi joins them because then everything is pointless.

15. malakas

malakas Member

Indiana and Jazz have been so boring for so many years, even looking at their jerseys at this point brings me sleep.

Jayzers_100, Vivi, J.R. and 2 others like this.
  16. malakas

malakas Member

Brett will get fired before Brand. The players don't really respect him.

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

maybe the player who didn't respect him is now gone :) the same guy who has made a big fuss in his last few destinations and now pending his next victim

18. malakas

malakas Member

Nah, Embiid and Simmons dont' respect him either.

19. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

100%

Brett was in trouble when the playoffs began this year. If the Sixers under perform he's out.

As for my most "interesting" team...I don't know really. I'm very interested to see how good the Pelicans are. I think the Nets will be dangerous this year without Durant because of their shooting system.

I think the Jazz might be the best regular season team in the West as currently constructed, but I'm not interested in watching them.

malakas and steddinotayto like this.
  20. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Rockets even though they're running it back. Wanna see if CP3 and Harden can coexist after the noise around them. Wanna see who wins the system war between the two of them.