1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(The Jump) Where do Rockets stand in West after signing Austin Rivers?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Jul 2, 2019.

1. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

Some surprising optimism from the crew

2. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I definitely didn't expect that.

3. JW86

JW86 Member

Good point from all of them though Rachel just goes with where the conversation goes it seems. Pippen bringing up Rodman was not a good example, though the explanation of bonding did.

I liked particularly how Windhorst pointed out the self-inflicted chaos with all the Butler stuff. Definitely should not have been like this and good that Rachel didn’t mess it up with some “but what about”.

I think bringing back Rivers on top of House should make everyone happy, regardless of what the media says. I do think we need two more players that could still be had and maybe already if Morey had focused on that, though these signings are the opposite of all the barking so we should be happy Butler moved on quickly. We got our priorities straight. Maybe the star chasing this time was mostly Tilman.

4. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

We are already in the mix, should be top 4 in west with the team as is.

Remlap, banzai and topfive like this.
  5. jamisonrocket

jamisonrocket Member

The ESPN machine is not bashing the Rockets?

[​IMG]

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Rivers legit is the only player on our bench that has the balls to play playoff high stakes basketball. He’s built for the playoffs and I wish we had more players like him

7. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Agreed. He might be inconsistent but he's tough. Another guy with the same attitude I want the Rockets to bring in is TJ McConnell.

8. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Early preseason love to build up their main foil.

If we suck, we disappointing or...unsalvagable.

If we perform, they knew it all along.

topfive, mike2k132 and BaselineFade like this.
  9. johnk2220

johnk2220 Member

I do think this team will fly under the radar bc other teams are making moves and flashy ones at that but these newly formed teams with superstars or new players have yet to gel. Rockets already have that advantage. We’ll make a smart (hopefully) pickup off the buyout market and get ready for the playoffs. It’s a great feeling when cp has a capable backup for all year this time. If the lakers don’t add kawhi I don’t see this team getting to west finals. Instead of lebron carrying the lakers he’ll have ad but hardly anyone else.

roslolian and lw17 like this.
  10. BeardNation13

BeardNation13 Member

I am not worried about the regular season. We will be top 4. James Harden is a regular season genius. It's only when lights are shining brightest under the pressure of playoffs that he folds. Take for example game 6 against a Spurs at HOME without Kawhi and Parker and he just totally QUIT when Rockets were favored. That is where I am most concerned with this team, in the playoffs

11. fattz

fattz Member

Hard to like them when I agree because so much of what is said is foolishness. Yes, today they are 100% correct; tomorrow will be back to who they really are.

BaselineFade likes this.
  12. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member
    Supporting Member

I'm buying a lotto ticket (I never do), they actually tried to spin positive future for the Rockets and we have someone from the media claiming the Rockets are fun to watch when things are right.
    Role players get offered in trades at the end of the season, Clint and EG are role players, they'll be fine. If Harden and CP3 are not really mad at each other and they just want to win, Tucker says he gets on the guys more than CP3 or Harden, and Rivers says the feud is a media lie, then maybe the only real issue is the coaching staff. Tillman fired most of them and seems reluctant to go further with MDA. I get the sense Tilman wants a no nonsense Pop type head coach over the MDA let them play style.

The better comp was Sean Elliot trade. Horry came back and played his way into a championship, and Bullard is a Rocket fan favorite to this day.

13. onreego

onreego Member

The "self-inflicted" line is funny because he's one of the ones who started the “Jimmy to Houston has legs” rumors. Also, funny as parts of the media continue the turmoil narrative.

biff17, D-rock and justtxyank like this.
  14. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Get a deal done without giving up a first for Andre Iguodala

Pringles likes this.
  15. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

He's going to the Lakers so no point in wasting time.

16. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

If he's bought out. That's the whole point of trading for him

17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Did she say that the Rockets are fun to watch?>????
    Cause i know I have heard quite the opposite

Rocket River

18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Thing is, I think Memphis is holding on to him for a bit just to try and steal a first from a team.

19. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

Rachel is snake. I’ve seen and heard enough to know how she really feels. She delighted in the the Rockets defeat just like the rest of them.

They all hate the Rockets and one segment featuring “positivity” means nothing. She was taking shots at the Rockets just last week.

20. Vivi

Vivi Member

Just wait until Kawhi signs with the Lakers lol

amaru likes this.