1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kawhi Leonard to Lakers done?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by DaBeard, Jul 1, 2019.

1. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Lakers LeBron is not equal to Heat LeBron

2. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Part of me feels like Kawhi is going to the lakers but the other part of me thinks this is lakers fluff as always where they think their just entitled to everything and because they got a meeting and the money that it’s a “of course he’s coming he’d be dumb not to we’re the lakers”

Same BS we always here from the lakers media and fan base.

If they do get Kawhi the season is over though.

I like houston Chance next season as is with what we know the teams look like right now. But Kawhi with Lebron and AD? Ya nobody is beating that team sorry.

fckbandwagons and Rudyc281 like this.
  3. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I think Kawhi and Wade are equals. Wade was a monster back then. LeBron isn't that LeBron anymore. Do agree with Davis over Bosh.

Ultimately, it's all going to depend on what system they run. If it's the LeBron system like it was in Miami, was in LA last season and has been everywhere he's been, they will get beat by a smart, lesser talented team that plays an actual system simply because LeBron isn't legendary anymore.

Supposedly Kawhi is asking questions about LeBron's role if he signs. He sees that it could be an issue. Again, supposedly LeBron is saying he's willing to defer, but I have my doubts. He tried doing that his first season with Miami and it ended terribly. I don't think he can change at this point in his career.

Deckard likes this.
  4. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

It's not a question of playing with LeBron. A team with LeBron means a player needs to know if he wants to play FOR LeBron since his people probably control every aspect of the organization. Kawhi can be the King of the North or play for The King. If it were me I'd be running through the 6.

JumpMan likes this.
  5. what

what Member

Kawhi is looking at the fact that the raptors got lucky and they have an aging team that went all in for 1 year: Marc is old, Lowry is on his last legs, they do have siakim (sp?), but AD is better than him.
    And the fact is that Kawhi had to do so much in toronto to get them over the top.
    To my mind, I don't think kawhi likes having to work that hard. He's the type of guy that get resentful over what's right and wrong.
    The raptors are done without kawhi and they might be done with him.
    The lakersn getting him would be terrible, because AD and Kawhi together is better than the entire league even without Lebron.

daywalker02 and JumpMan like this.
  6. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

The nba needs to get rid of the max contract- it’s killing the sport. If we didn’t have max contracts none of this bullshit would exist. You’d have one star by himself or at most 2 stars

I didn’t like the Golden State team but you could at least respect what they did and realize it wasn’t really replicable and tip your hat. This Lakers team is just ****ing aggravating as hell- to watch that incompetent bunch of ****sticks stumble bum **** their way into shutting down the league is just the worst.

I want an nba where the title isn’t essentially a foregone conclusion unless crippling injuries happen. It’s just not a fun sport to follow when you know the only thing that can stop the inevitable is injury.

7. Nook

Nook Member

If Leonard wasn’t serious about going to LA, he wouldn’t ask for a private meeting with Magic Johnson and Jeannie Buss.

daywalker02 likes this.
  8. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Wade was definitely a monster back then, but the difference is fit wise Kawhi works better since he’s a proven 3 pt shooter.

tehG l i d e likes this.
  9. YOLO

YOLO Member

to be fair we can't really tell when he's truly serious or not :)

[​IMG]

fckbandwagons and Nook like this.
  10. Nook

Nook Member

If Leonard goes to the Lakers, he is their best player and doesn’t have to answer to James or anyone else.

11. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

They do this **** with literally every single free agent and LA - to date only one of them planned out(LeBron). I mean Kawhi may still go to LA, but all I’m saying is people in LA love the idea of being a desirable place almost as much as they would like to sign these players.

I know Kawhi is from LA, but the idea of him joining LeBron and AD’s team to try to stack the odds in their favor on a glitzy Lakers team just doesn’t seem very on brand for Kawhi. If it’s all about winning - it seems like he is already in a place to do that, if it’s all about being home, there are better options(Clippers) that don’t come with all the baggage and in your face self aggrandizement that goes along with being a Laker. Also, what’s the deal with Kawhi requesting a meeting with Magic and Jeannie and NOT Pelinka - does that not strike anyone else as an odd request that the old GM was asked to the meeting and not the current one who was accused of stabbing Magic in the back? Literally nothing about Kawhi to the Lakers makes sense to me...

jsilencio, clutchdabear and Deckard like this.
  12. Nook

Nook Member

If Leonard wants to win.... going to the Lakers is his best option. Good luck beating a team with 3 of the top 7-8 players in the league and the role players that will follow.

Second, Leonard wants to be home so the Lakers make sense.

Third I wouldn’t want to meet with Pelinka either. He is not really qualified for the job, he is an ******* and isn’t trust worthy. At least Magic was approachable and players were comfortable with him. Perlinka almost screwed up the Davis deal, because he thought he had enough for a max player without any other moves, it took the media pointing it out to him.

Leonard is a weird guy but I will be surprised if he doesn’t go to LA. He is going out of his way to give the Lakers an opportunity to sway him.

13. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Bring’em on... Just make Beard’s legacy that much sexier...
    What using his wrong powers for good. Thank you

BeBreezy and fckbandwagons like this.
  14. JumpMan

There is no way James accepts Kawhi as the best player on his own team. In his mind, he's as much the GOAT as the sky is blue. For as great as LeBron is, he is sensitive and has issues in his head that a no nonsense guy like Kawhi will have trouble relating with or empathizing with.

15. Nook

Nook Member

It doesn’t matter what a 35 year old LeBron James thinks because Leonard is clearly the better player at this point. Leonard didn’t let Pop tell him what to do or how to be, and he wouldn’t let James either.... I personally don’t think there would be a problem... but my point is, this isn’t Cleveland and James isn’t the player or influencer he was even a few years ago.

16. CRJ713

CRJ713 Member

Kawhi will sign with The Lakers and he will not take the MAX, he’s gonna take less so they can sign Danny Green too.... I actually heard it’s done.

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

LOL

Vivi and Sajan like this.
  18. JumpMan

I agree with all of that except you thinking it won't be a problem. I think there will be drama in LA relating to LeBron's role on the team and the system they play if he isn't the primary ball handler and leading scorer and the system isn't built around him. Once Kawhi starts being recognized as the best player on the team and is leading them in scoring while wrecking it defensively along with Davis, LeBron could break down mentally. Lol, I seriously believe that. We'll see.

Easy likes this.
  19. BigDikNENE

BigDikNENE Member

robbie380 likes this.
  20. YOLO

YOLO Member

this is the respect a prime lebron has for a young kawhi. adjust this to how things have changed and if he goes to LA

[​IMG]

tehG l i d e, JumpMan and Nook like this.