1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you SnT Shump for Iggy

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jul 1, 2019.

?

Would you SnT Shump for Iggy considering all factors?

Poll closed Jul 8, 2019.
  1. Yes

63.1%
  2. No

28.0%
  3. I abstain. Courteously.

8.9%
  1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Basic info before you vote:

Andre Igoudala is owed $17.2 million for 2019-20. Therefore, if you executed a SnT to send out Shumpert for Iggy you would be taking back salary that would prevent you from using the remaining amount of the NT-MLE and BAE as you'd be too close to the hard cap.

Instead we'd have about $2M left of the T-MLE to spend and then veteran minimums, but we'd have no hard cap for the season.

I would imagine this would cost us a first round pick,

Nook and joshuaao like this.
  2. justtxyank

This idea is one that @The Cat has ruminated on

jcf likes this.
  3. mastan

mastan Member

No I would do it for Kelly Oubre.

4. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

No, let him be bought out.

I'd consider an S&T of Shump + a 2020 protected 1st for Crowder - with a wink agreement that some combo of Iggy, Bradley or Korver will be bought out IF they agree to come to Houston (y'all see what I'm saying).

bj3175 and crimsonghost like this.
  5. joshuaao

joshuaao Member

If Iggy gets bought out, he's en route to LA. If a SnT was your only way to get him (and thus prevent the Lakers from doing so), would you do it?

tmoney1101 and dmoneybangbang like this.
  6. dmoneybangbang

I say do it, we need more help defensively. Plus, he'll just go to either a western or eastern playoff team otherwise.

Nelly likes this.
  7. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I'd consider doing a S&T for someone younger who would make an impact. I like Iggy, but not for that price. He'll be 36 sometime next season.

8. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

No, 17 million is too much for him. Grizz would want compensation as well.

9. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

wouldnt we have to sign shumpert to a 3 year deal atleast to trade him in a S&T? They arent going to want shumpert for that much for that long, and shumpert would have to agree to go to memphis.

You cant just sign and trade players. Its the players decision.

Highlyrated likes this.
  10. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

He doesn’t want to play here.....so no

jsingles and dkim1984 like this.
  11. cdxiong

cdxiong Contributing Member

Doubt he can last 16 playoff games.

12. justtxyank

You could do it to where only the first year was guaranteed, but yes, the bigger issue with these scenarios in my mind is that Shump has to agree.

joshuaao likes this.
  13. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

I said no to Shump + pick for Iggy but would gladly trade Shump + pick for Oubre on a long term deal. Tired of using draft picks for absolutely nothing especially for older players. Oubre at least has youth and potential on his side. Still super young and could hopefully improve his 3 pt. shooting.

That reminds me, god we need shooters but it seems none of the good shooters play any defense. It is like a rule or something.

14. lionaire

lionaire Member

He's still shown that he can defend at a high level and he hit numerous timely 3's these past playoffs. GS did a decent job of managing his mins during the reg season so he could be fresh for the playoffs and he was. Averaged 35 mins in our series and 30+ in the Finals.

15. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

You are correct on the NG part, it's essentially a one year deal that way.

And are you guys seriously debating if Shump would do it or not??? I think someone would have to refrain Shump from sucking Morey off if he landed him a 13.2 million dollar contract. That dudes getting the vet min at max otherwise.

malakas and joshuaao like this.
  16. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

This is an underrated part of it, for me (especially if Kawhi goes there). Not only does it make your team better, but it prevents an opportunity for your biggest competition to get better.

Easy and joshuaao like this.
  17. joshuaao

joshuaao Member

If the Grizz buy him out, they'd have to pay a majority of his salary still. Let's say Iggy is very generous and would agree to a $13 MM buyout. We could offer them Shumpert on a $13 MM deal (last two years non-guaranteed) + a 2nd.

MEM would be down because they get a 2nd for nothing (who cares if you are paying Shumpert or Iggy the $13 MM)
    Shumpert would be down because no way in hell is he getting close to $13 MM in the open market
    Iggy would be down because he is getting his full $17 MM and going to a contender
    HOU would be down because they get a great rotation piece for little to no assets, and they prevent a rival (LAL) from improving

Open question is if Tillman would hamstring Morey in making larger moves later in the year (i.e. a Kevin Love type)

Y2JT likes this.
  18. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Lakers are about to get Kawhi. We could be rebuilding a year from now. I’m all for getting Iggy, but losing another first is tough

Nook likes this.
  19. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Please

20. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

This would hard cap the Rockets, right? Probably wouldn’t do it if so