1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Moreys Ego has crippled this team time after time...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dkoune, Jul 1, 2019.

1. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

I agree! Let’s get someone in here that doesn’t try to get good players!!

2. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Sometimes I feel like the majority of active Clutchfans posters now are too young to remember what pre-Morey days looked like. Do you really want to relive the days of Kelvin Cato, Moochie Norris, Walt Williams, and Eddie Griffin? How about passing up Rashard Lewis and Richard Jefferson? I hope you love you some white PG's because we got plenty more where Bryce Drew, Matt Maloney, and Brent Price came from. You can b**** about mistakes the current regime makes here and there, but I'd prefer it if you had an alternative in mind as well if you want everyone's head on a chopping block.

Same thing with Tilman, actually. Do people on here actually remember all the times Les Alexander forced his GM's to wiggle under the cap at the last second during the Tracy/Yao years? The dude was full speed ahead when it came to the propaganda game of forcing his GM's to kiss his ass and say, "Les has given us full license to go out there and get the stars we need." Ultimately, however, he was a carpetbagger northerner and just as much a malignant narcissist as the other bad owners in Houston sports history, like Bud Adams and Drayton McLane. I'm not saying Tilman is better, but let's realize what kind of people we're dealing with here.

3. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Well... houston could have just pulled another Barkley move from the Les playbook. Hahah, but it would be a lot worse with the amount of media attention today, oh and the whole president of the PA thing. But you know... Houston could have, hahah - of course I'm not serious here, hell people think houston is hated in the media now.. , it'd be a hell of a lot worse, if houston didn't make the offer they promised.

Ramo$e likes this.
  4. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

This. Man, I remember that Rashard Lewis draft... Wtf, dude was passed on 3x by his hometown team. I think they should go even further back and look at some of the mess before the 2 chips too. But Yao/Mac years are good enough probably,especially to realize that the Rockets weren't relevant since the 90s until Morey showed up.

5. bmelo

bmelo Member

So we went from Jimmy/DAJ/Aminu/Horford to Danuel and Shumpert with shattered chemistry. Another offseason of great work by Daryl :) I'm sure he and his stans have justification ready. Man can you even imagine defending AD+LBJ+Kawhi/whoever they sign with Capela+bunch of 6'4 guys?? How many offensive rebounds are we gonna submit??

6. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Oh also... What about Stormile Swift, that was an excellent addition - Pre-Morey

Ramo$e and AroundTheWorld like this.
  7. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

All of the rebounds? Haha, I seriously hope Capela can get some boards in the playoffs

8. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

KD/Leonard/Thompson for vet min and maybe Butler too (assuming he didn't flake), and then the planning of the parade route so I can get a good spot. Hahah, I mean it worked in 2k, so it has to work here.

9. bj3175

bj3175 Member

Bro. I remember those days very well it was the Dark ages. Morey has done well in keeping us in the hunt and putting some impressive teams including the last 3 years. The problem I have is at times not all the time but at certain times he overplays his hand by being a little to interactive with Twitter and the media attention. R.C. Buford is probably one of the greatest GMs of all time in the NBA but you never hear from him. He let's POP be the face of the Spurs while behind the scenes they work in unison to put quality teams on the floor year after year. Morey needs to get better with how treats the players. He can't be overly sentimental nor can he be disconnectingly rigid or analytical.

saleem and cmlmel77 like this.
  10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Cato was pretty entertaining, would have been fun to pair him up with Harden.

CCity Zero likes this.
  11. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Cato was cool. But his contract wasn’t.

CCity Zero and daywalker02 like this.
  12. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

You guys act like his talking is personally injuring you or something....people are mad because he tells you exactly what he's going to do and how he's going to do it. Then does it...Ever since he stole Harden people have been held bent on trying to prove him wrong, taking shots at him, Harden and the organization. They make up false reports about the team right before a big free agency. We have agents working with sports reporters and writers actively discouraging players from coming here on Tv. Thats ok though. The odds have always been stacked against us. We wouldn't be the Houston Rockets of they weren't. You cant get every free agent. All the maneuvering they had to do to even get JB, made it a looooong shot.

"And today we have suffered the consequence"

What consequences? Jimmy was never coming. You are a freaking drama queens. You guys are letting the national media eat your brains away.

Morey is the best GM period. Like it or not. Name one better. You guys are so spoiled, or just depressed. We could be way worse off.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He took advantage of a smaller market that is OKC, albeit an ambitious market.
    He was called a God, now he is merely mortal.

He might be the best GM no other colleague wants to make big trades with.

14. pli777

pli777 Member

The teams with cap space was able to use them, Butler chose to play in Miami for the lifestyle and tones of other stuff that really is not morey's fault. I am not a fan of his hugely publicised pursuit of Butler and announcing crap like they are "confident" but I am not at all surprised by today's FA fiasco.

Seriously, Rockets as it is will be just fine. I see a more balanced Western conference. Yes the worst teams got better, the best team got worse. Honestly staying put with little cap room (and therefore little manure) to manufacture a new max/near max player was always hard. C'mon guys

Ramo$e likes this.
  15. JW86

JW86 Member

Morey’s problem is indeed his ego combined with the focus on stars. I just knew this would happen. If only he had tried to go hard after some of these guys like Thad Young, Ed Davis, Reddick, Aminu, guaranteed we could have signed one of them for the full non-tax MLE or even less! 100% we would’ve been better off than this charade about Butler.

saleem likes this.
  16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

FA is not over, but majority of deals have been made on Day one.

17. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

um? we are 8 million away from the luxury tax line with a bench to fill. We will be in the tax.

18. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

More like plucked a gem from a dumb sucker who paid r****d Perkins but not Harden.

There were people saying he wasnt even going to be able to that.

daywalker02 likes this.
  19. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Clutchfans members are focused on stars, which is why they freak out whenever any star signs anywhere else.

CCity Zero and Ramo$e like this.
  20. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Like who? Name them Im curious. Intrigue me.

CCity Zero and AroundTheWorld like this.