1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets need to move Gordon back to 6th man

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Imanimal, Jun 30, 2019.

1. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Now that we are keeping Gordon, it is time to give up the Gordon at SF experiment. We need size at SF and that probably means Danuel House as the starter. House choked in the playoffs, but was a serviceable player in the regular season. Wish we had better players, but we don’t so it is what it is.

2. Mr. Space City

I agree. While Gordon was very good for the Rockets at the 3. He’s best playing off the bench and abusing other teams 2nd units. That was a big part of the Rockets success a couple years back. The Rockets bench was super duper trash once the Rockets started Gordon.

If the Rockets are gonna go into this season with the same pieces they had last year, then they should invest in House and hope for the best.

Y2JT, waytookrzy079, JW86 and 3 others like this.
  3. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Now this is a quality thread I can get behind.

lakersuck2 and jsilencio like this.
  4. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Again no no no. This wont happen until we get a vet 3. That's why we started him u arent gonna trust rookies n young guys there on a Mike d team. I know everybody love Gordon on this bench but roster construction is a out making the best out of the worst situation. It's why worst to Mike d to have a guy like house starting n Gordon on the bench then the other way around

5. Zergling

Zergling Member

Yeah putting House back in the starting lineup is the obvious move since he's a far better rebounder. MDA really should've done this last year the moment he returned, but they probably liked that Gordon and the team were playing well with EG starting.

6. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

If only we had 3 more months to figure this out before we play a game....

7. RocketOrg

RocketOrg Member

Rockets need to go after Q Cook. Now that Golden State signed Russell to a max contract they won’t want to spend much on a backup guard. This kid is a good three-point shooter. Only 25 years old and shot over 40% from beyond the arc this year and 44% last year.

8. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I don't mind him for the BAE.

9. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I think Gordon is gone.

Capela has a better chance at staying

10. Jay Craft

Jay Craft Member

If we are keeping Gordon then we MUST extend him, is that something we want to do?

bilaal14 likes this.
  11. tc0330

tc0330 Member

sign me up for quinn cook. dude has a .405 3pt% lol

12. rockets13champs

We need a true SF

tc0330 likes this.
  13. icewill36

icewill36 Member

i think we need more size at 4 and 5 more than we do at the 3. EG had a very good season starting.

14. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

MDA trusted House enough last year to start him for 13 games. In those 13 games, his stats:

30mpg / 11.2ppg / 4.2 rpg / .495 fg% / .483 3pt%

That's enough sample size for me to put him back in the lineup and move EGO back to his 6th man role. He's gonna make mistakes, he's gonna do dumb, bone headed stuff at times, but he's also no rookie - he's been in and out of the league for 2 seasons now, and this will be his 3rd.

Get him in there as a starter early, let him make his mistakes earlier in the season, and let him grow so that he's ready to actually be an impact player in the playoffs.

15. rockets13champs

He’s a vets min pg

tc0330 likes this.
  16. Matt78777

Matt78777 Contributing Member

Radical idea: move Gordon back to Shooting Guard, have House start at small forward and....Chris Paul come off the bench. It's been building for a while. This is the change the Rockets need to make. Have CP3 elevate the backups and play to his strengths. Have Harden light it up with the starters and play to his strength. It's already happening, let's just lean into it. It'll get Houston through the regular season, and hopefully by the time the playoffs roll around they have learned how to actually blend their styles.

17. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Dmo as stretch 4, Tuck at 3, Gordon off the bench.

18. Red Hova

Red Hova Member

If AI gets released, he's the likely answer, not my choice but gets the job done in the clutch.

19. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Yup...and they should do that this summer.