1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Rockets need to prepare for James Harden's trade request.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jacoby, Jun 29, 2019.

1. xaos

xaos Member

Okay Obi-Wan Jacoby

2. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

What’s the most number of years left on a deal for a superstar who forced himself out?

Can’t be more than 2? Harden has 4 right?

3. Reeko

Reeko Member

if we have a bad offseason, and next year is another 2nd round exit or possible spanking in the WCF, then I can see this being the case

IvanLCPM likes this.
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think JH has grown his Beard and Brand here, so it would be hard for him to uproot them.

He would have done it years ago. He doesn't like moving........I meant it in a U-haul way.

5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

We’re a ways away from that I think

Stormy1234 likes this.
  6. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

lmao he doesnt owe us ****

Gray_Jay, Stormy1234, HP3 and 2 others like this.
  7. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

Didn't know Burt Steele was allowed to create threads here.

Rock Block, Stormy1234 and RyanB like this.
  8. Reeko

Reeko Member

Lebron poised to be going on his 3rd superteam...Harden can never get anything better than an aging/declining fading star as his running mate

Stormy1234, Bengchu and jacoby like this.
  9. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

So lets entertain your theory. Rockets wouldn't need to prepare for anything because if he does request such a trade Rockets would get insane amounts of assets for him.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  10. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i'm quite surprised at the vast majority thinking harden will just keep quiet and play out his contract in the case that this team has peaked, with no meaningful way of improving. what management did last season, making half a dozen trades to get under the tax, was beyond fuking pathetic. tilman has never made a non-salary dump trade since buying the rockets. the media and the players are all well aware of this. if harden sees no future here for the foreseeable future he is not going to waste away his career quietly.

Gray_Jay, Stormy1234, Bengchu and 3 others like this.
  11. jacoby

jacoby Member

Yep. Harden's window for teaming up with other superstars in his prime is closing in on him. It's likely he will never get that with the Rockets.

It's sad too. We built a championship favorite around him but injuries (and in my opinion, officiating) cost us the title. We also built a championship team in the midst of the most dominant team in league history. We've just had awful luck. Just like that 08-09 squad (that would have dominated the league if healthy).

I honestly think this off-season is our last chance to lock Harden up as a Rocket for life. He deserves to win a championship.

Reeko likes this.
  12. lionaire

lionaire Member

Harden leaving Houston after Morey chokes another offseason

[​IMG]

13. Hard_foul

Hard_foul Member

What a miserable way to live lol. I’d imagine they are very un-ambitious (hope that’s a real word) people.

BeardNation13 and lurgar like this.
  14. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Harden could care less if he has a bum ass team. Max contract, nightclubs, offense that inflates his numbers, and quits regularly in the playoffs

15. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

probably the opposite. We are ambitious and want to surround harden with a proper championship caliber team. You are content and think harden is too with getting second place mvps and wcf exits every year.

BeBreezy, HP3 and jacoby like this.
  16. Sep11ie

Sep11ie Member

Cool story bro

17. Rasheed

Rasheed Member

@tinman blast this fool

18. Le$$

Le$$ Member

I see Lakers getting that 3rd star, dont know who it is. Rockets will miss out on a 3rd star. Chris Paul will suffer another injury set back, and Harden might just play like whatever. Capela might get better, and gordon may get ship out at deadline, but hey it is a contract year so..

But houston will probably without shuffling up the roster, and keeping same team, will lose in first round. Utah is a better team this year with the Conley trade. I see a first round exit with no changes, say what you will.

Stormy1234 and Bengchu like this.
  19. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

LMAO!!!! Dude you hate the guy anyway so why would you care. Plus, He doesn't owe the Rockets squat, he's lived up to every thing they could have hoped for when they traded for him. They way the some of the folks act around here they would relish life without him.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  20. Chad Butler

Chad Butler Member

Um.. [​IMG]

biff17 likes this.