1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Amick] Sixers "looking likely" to participate in sign-and-trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jun 27, 2019.

1. Sanity2disChaos

Exactly.....sooooo if he is forcing his way here then can we offer a poopoo plater of players and picks!! I mean something is better than nothing.!!

2. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Chris Paul
    James Harden
    Jimmy Butler
    PJ Tucker
    DeAndre Jordan

3. samtaylor

samtaylor Member

Asking the important questions

Rudyc281 likes this.
  4. brosef

brosef Member

I hope they move Tucker, it could be more fun to watch than the time everyone lost it over Landry being traded.

REEKO_HTOWN and Ramo$e like this.
  5. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

It's true, he did intentionally avoid the tax this year, there's no doubt about that. But according to him and Morey this was to avoid the repeater tax, which means that he wants to go into the lux tax for the next 3 years. All of the "Tilman is cheap" talk is skeptical of this, basically saying he does not want to do that and will not go into the tax these next 3 years to maximize our championship hopes. That crowd thinks the repeater tax is just an excuse, and we'll have another excuse next year, and the year after that, and so on.

If Tilman DOES spend into the lux tax for the next 3 years, I'd say that means he's not cheap.

TAB, Relativist, luckyman76 and 2 others like this.
  6. HoustonCRT

HoustonCRT Member

I'm still hurt about Landry.

7. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

If he imports Butler on a max deal he's not cheap. Just no way around it. They'd have basically no choice BUT to be a luxury tax team and they may even end up a repeater tax team in that 4th year.

harold bingo likes this.
  8. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

This is entirely consistent with the undertones I have detected in speaking and listening to various sources - the feeling among league insiders is that all parties must agree to a deal for there to be a deal.

Seems like things are really heating up - provided all the required factors required to cause combustion are present.

But suffice it to say, the Rockets feel like they are right there, right in it, no matter what, according to people close to the team.

luckyman76, RocketWalta and mikol13 like this.
  9. Deuce Rings

Deuce Rings Contributing Member

10. lionaire

lionaire Member

luckyman76 and justtxyank like this.
  11. Nook

Nook Member

Yeah, no. He never breaks any news. Front offices don’t give him squat when it comes to moves.

luckyman76 and mikol13 like this.
  12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

AFAIK Bosh said he wanted to stay with the Heat at the last moment.

13. foggy94

foggy94 Member

LOL chill I never said I would think that did I

14. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

At the last minute the heat offered him a super max that they had previously said they wouldn't do. He had already verbally committed to the Rockets suddenly he had a TON of extra money on the table and decided to stay.

luckyman76, Nook and daywalker02 like this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Those are the game changers.

16. PlayBall

PlayBall Member

Oh right - you said others would. Sorry. Consider my comment directed at them. :D

foggy94 likes this.
  17. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I legit did feel bad when he got shipped. I liked K-mart but it was a gut punch.

This is actually good news for us. That's the leverage Butler needs to tell the 6ers it's either get something for him from us or nothing when he goes to LA.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  18. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I think Kawhi is staying, I'm once again hoping this is just to scare the 76ers into an opt in and trade.

19. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Not to mention that he talked to his wife who gave her reservations. Apparently his family loved Miami, and were super sad about leaving. When Riley made him that offer, it pretty much brought all the puzzle pieces in his life together. In this situation, Jimmy has talked about doing what's right for his friends and family......in this case, that means Houston. I'm like you....I want to believe it when I see it. But us being the hometown team has a lot of appeal. It also doesn't hurt that we have one of his really good friends already here on the team, who happens to be one of the best 3 players in the entire league right now.

Relativist and Rudyc281 like this.
  20. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Breaking news is not his job.