1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anyone else still high on Clint Capela?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jacoby, Jun 25, 2019.

1. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Is this a serious answer?

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  2. tc0330

tc0330 Member

whats the problem?

both 25... per 36min...

Clint Capela 6'10": 17.8 pts... 1.6 blk... 0.7 stl... 1.5 ast... 13.6 trb... .636 ft%... .648 2pt%

Nerlens Noel 6'11": 12.9 pts... 3.3 blk... 2.3 stl... 1.5 ast... 11.1 trb... .684 ft%... .587 2pt%

#22 tc0330, Jun 25, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2019
  3. jowman

jowman Member

Nah. Puts up good ststs with Paul and harden spoon feeding him open dunks but can’t catch the ball and forgets how to play when it matters. What you want a loser like this for? So we can win 55 reg reason games and get bounced in the playoffs?

Bengchu and ak99999 like this.
  4. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Per 36?? He played 13 mpg last year and Clint played 33 mpg. He only played over 30 minutes in ONE game last year.

5. Garner

Garner Member

I actually like Nerlens, but the problem is per36 implies both guys are equally capable of playing that amount — they aren’t.

Nerlens has never shown he is capable of playing effective nba basketball for more than 15mpg.

tc0330 likes this.
  6. tc0330

tc0330 Member

i did per 36 to get a more accurate comparison. as clint's shown us, we only need a good roll player to fill his position. i think the stats are close enough

7. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

High as in high enough to believe he can be good

8. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Anyhow...Capela is really good and I don't know who we replace him with. Further, we need more depth at the big man spot and our rebounding is already lacking.

tc0330 and Garner like this.
  9. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I'd love to have him as a backup big, but I think he thinks he's better than a backup.

10. Zergling

Zergling Member

No.

Learn from what the Bucks and Raptors did. Both teams dumped their bigs who can't shoot (Valanciunas, Thon Maker, etc.) and replaced them with bigs who can shoot threes (Lopez, Gasol, Mirotic, Ilyasova).

Look at what those moves did for both Giannis and Kawhi. Imagine what that would do for Harden.

If Morey is paying any attention to what they did, he only signs big men with range.

PeterKingX, ak99999 and smp like this.
  11. tc0330

tc0330 Member

I know they’re not going to play the full 36. That wasn’t the point for the 36min. It was only to get a more accurate whose better or worse in what category if given the same amount of minutes.

12. Garner

Garner Member

Except Nerlens would not perform at his
    Per 36 numbers. If he could, he’d be a 30mpg player.

He is effective as a backup.

13. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Clint will get better. He is young, and I haven't given up on him simply because he looked poor after getting really sick. If we dump him then we may regret it in a couple years. I already think giving up Trez was bad enough.

14. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I think he can continue to improve. Hopefully he gets stronger which i think he will. He has made strides every season.

deb4rockets likes this.
  15. dejamike

dejamike Member

I don’t think we can get butler without letting go clint’s Contract.

16. BeardNation13

BeardNation13 Member

He is good enough to have some value around the league so get rid of him ASAP

17. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

Capela Believer here. Also willing to part ways if Butler is an option, but still super high on Capela. League is 30 teams folks, let's not get carried away with Daryl's GS centric view

18. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

You cant love how he responded after winning a big contract. IMO he started the season out of shape and looked skinnier than he did last year.
    And yes I do realize he improved statistically in several categories including FTs over the course of the season.

Laterally, this was the slowest I've seen him since he has been in the league. Capela on Curry at the perimeter was game over these playoffs. That wasnt the story when he was guarding Curry during the playoffs years ago, when he was backing up Dwight.

Some positives... he somehow matches up well against KAT and Jokic.

A negative - we seem to have migrated away from the relentless PnR and now harden just creates the space by himself.

But he's been in the league long enough IMO. He is what he is at this point. If you're not going to feature him in the PnR he is expendable. He cant get his motor running if he isnt getting easy dunks. He fades away. And we pay for it on the boards. He can't find ways to contribute when he's not being fed. And that's weak.

LUK3, FrontRunner, Bengchu and 2 others like this.
  19. J.R.

J.R. Member

He's a fine player.
    Yeah, he's spoon fed offensively
    Yeah, he had a terrible(understatement) series vs. the Warriors

We'll see who they replace him with (if this Butler deal happens). Hell PJ Tucker may be the new center with the way Daryl & Mike love small ball.

Ariza was "dispensable" too. ;)
    He went 0-27, he sucks! Can't hit water falling out of a boat! Anyone can do what he does! Not worth it!

Carmelo, House, Ennis, Shumpert, Nunnally, Clark, Edwards ... to no avail and why they're after Butler in the second place (besides being a 2nd star; slot him right in at SF hole)

Again, we'll see what happens, who they get, how it all shakes out.

If he's gone, I wish him all the best & nothing but success.
    And if he's back, that's cool too. I hope he plays well.

20. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

Easy. Because his contract helps matching. Hes pretty good and a team probably would want him. But out of our tradeable pieces to get better, hes the clear easiest to replace cheaper

tc0330 likes this.