1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Paul going Vegan?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jun 23, 2019.

1. Game7

Game7 Member

We aren’t disagreeing here. The product is vegan. They are hoping the world buys in.
    The same can be said for lots of things like (some brands of) bacon bits and every version of “fake” cheese ever, like tofutti and daiya.

#21 Game7, Jun 24, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2019
    harold bingo, jboslett and Ramo$e like this.
  2. jowman

jowman Member

Lebron is a different beast from these guys. But yeah being vegan and sports don’t mix at all. Cp3 u got enough money from the rockets u really need to be a vegan now too?

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Or a lettuce can beat its man.

4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That’s not eating

5. Rochut

Rochut Member

Disappointing, CP should be getting better advice than this on health.

#meatheals

6. dkim1984

dkim1984 Member

He'd better be happy if he were the waterboy. He's getting $125mm...

7. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Great post.

LUK3 and topfive like this.
  8. Game7

Game7 Member

Can somebody explain why and how essential amino acids are only accessible from meat/eggs/animal products? Let’s go scientists!

Williamson likes this.
  9. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

You mean beet his man?

Williamson and daywalker02 like this.
  10. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

From my understanding protein isn't much of a problem on a well maintained vegan diet. Which considering CP3 is super rich, has an entire medical staff monitoring him, likely has a personal dietician and chef planning his diet, he's gonna be good. While it can be argued that protein is more bioavailable through most animals products, soy, amaranth, quinoa, hempseed, and chia are all complete proteins, and making a complete protein through combinations of many other super basic veggies like rice and beans is extremely simple.

Where the main problems are in the vegan diet, is maintaining proper levels of B12, DHA, and EPA. These 3 can be hard to maintain for most vegans, but again, CP3 ain't most people, he can get quality B12/algea supplements, and of course, have the luxury of monitoring his levels all the time in case the supplements aren't effective enough.

One simple hack around this, if people are interested in eating plant-based but are scared of those few deficiencies, proper vegan diet + clams or oysters = 100% naturally complete diet, that's still low in cholesterol/fat, can be environmentally friendly and pretty damn ethical.

#30 ThatBoyNick, Jun 24, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2019
  11. Red Hova

Red Hova Member

I wonder who convinced him to make healthier diet decisions Cliff Paul or Oscar Nunez?

12. Game7

Game7 Member

I appreciate the intelligent response. I certainly wasn’t expecting it at this hour. I was married to a vegan dietician (and came damn close to a health focused science degree before changing paths myself), so needless to say i have heard and read a lot about this subject. I just think it’s funny when people say an athlete shouldn’t be on a vegan diet as if it is some limiting factor to their ability. Anybody that knows enough (and has a strong will) can live and thrive on a vegan diet. One of the most ripped bros I know has been vegan for 5+ years. He did all his bulking up on a good workout routine and an all vegan diet + vegan supplements.
    I’ll have the steak and eggs, please.

MrButtocks and Ramo$e like this.
  13. rockets13champs

Being vegan in Houston is tough

Game7 and Ramo$e like this.
  14. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Will he be able to get his protein and fiber from that diet? That’s what he need to repair his muscles and tendons

15. rockets13champs

This was published back in November 2017. It should be noted that Kyrie and Damian Lillards scoring has dropped in 2017-2018 and 2018-2019

harold bingo likes this.
  16. ilias

ilias Member

That explains all the rumblings...

studogg likes this.
  17. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I remember when Arian Foster went vegan then started getting injured more.

harold bingo likes this.
  18. Chad Butler

Chad Butler Member

I’ve been saying he needs to cut his weight down to relieve stress off his lower body and regain some of his bounce. I know he’s used his weight to maintain his strength and a low center of gravity but I think at this point being able to stay light on his feet is more important. So I hope he sticks to it and it helps his conditioning out going into next season.

19. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

[Premium Post]
    Hopefully he can get all the bennies of being vegan without becoming an intolerant, easily-offended, judgemental person!

GOOD DAY

studogg likes this.
  20. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Being vegan shouldn't stop you from eating fish, shrimp, crabs, lobsters, etc. You can have all of that at Landry's Seafood House in Katy. $16 Lunch Buffet! Please everyone visit this week so we can use the full MLE this summer.

MrButtocks and pippendagimp like this.