1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[KOC] Rockets tried to trade Chris Paul to Knicks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Deuce, Jun 19, 2019.

1. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I'm not defending Paul, but there is more than enough blame to go around with James. Are we going to ignore the Spurs series minus Kawai? Or for the 2nd straight year he couldn't win 1 elimination game vs GSW. We knew it when he opened the game missing free throws. They're stuck with each and all their faults. They need to somehow upgrade the talent and hope Capela improves and Dantoni becomes a better in game coach.

2. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is just ridiculous.

onreego likes this.
  3. riko

riko Member

I think so as well. Rockets are making moves with prior knowledge

4. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So why is Butler worth trading all 3? That seems worse than the Chris Paul deal to me.

B-Bob likes this.
  5. Rasheed

Rasheed Member

jeez breh, that physique. Congrats! Keep gettin it!!
    [​IMG]

6. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

He's not . I'm saying that's unless he opts in you have to get rid of 2 to get that max
    Cap space . Unless he wants to sign for MLE or vet min

7. tc0330

tc0330 Member

im starting to get the feeling rockets are about to get screwed and stuck with a awkward lineup knowing everybody was supposed to be traded...

8. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Fair points and I agree. There needs to be an adjustment from MDA on maximizing the offense for both Harden and CP.

9. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

U sure the Texans wouldn't popped up first? We dont even have a gm....

10. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I certainly wouldn't think giving up 2 of those 3 is worth it. He only averaged 2 more pts a game than any of them. I want to keep Clint and Gordon, but wouldn't mind trading CP3 for him, just to free salary space and get a younger player. Giving up 2 of our top 4 players is too risky.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  11. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I don't think we can trade CP3 for him .

I agree he's not worth 2/3

I'd do it if we only had to give up 1 of Clint or Eric , but it would be really tough to decide which one I would want to trade . In the end I think we would give up whoever the other team wanted .

I don't know if philly wants either , or if they want one and we don't want to give up that guy . All of this assumes butler even wants to come here and is willing to opt in and not try to get his new max right now .

Even if butler follows those steps philly still has to want to tango , they may say "well he's already gone , **** giving him to Houston ... let him go to FA , we don't want Gordon or Clint . "

Then it's on us to find a third team who is willing to take Clint or Gordon for another player making a similar salary that philly wants .

It might not be that complicated lol , butler might not want to come here regardless of money .

I don't see a way we could trade Paul and get butler . Maybe if we trade CP3 to somewhere like charlotte and he's split into several contracts . Then we ship one of those guys that philly likes to them in return for JB in a SnT .

Probably wouldn't work out , way too many variables that have to come together

deb4rockets likes this.
  12. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Ahhh, the Ol' LeBron Special.....

tc0330 likes this.
  13. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Why would they trade Chris Paul only to have to trade CC to get Jimmy Butler? Isn't the point to get ANOTHER star? I don't believe this report.

14. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Chris Paul isn't a star player anymore. JB would be the second star. Maybe then we could acquire a third star later on? (Probably not.)

15. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

He's not the kind of star he was 5 years ago, but we probably should at least see him play the first part of the season before determining that last season's performance is going to carry into next. Obviously he's declining athletically, but he doesn't need to play as much or run as hard with two other stars as he would w/ just one. If we ran a better system, maybe it would get others easier shots and save his energy. If Harden MOVED without the ball for once, maybe CP3 wouldn't be forced to move off ball as much and could conserve energy for his old legs. Harden doesn't have old legs. There's no excuse for him standing out 6 feet behind the arc every play when he doesn't have the ball.

16. ChumpCity

ChumpCity Member

I’m in favor of changing the iso-heavy offense into more of a motion offense. I think it will help both of them. Regardless, it’s going to take buy-in from both of them make whatever the offensive philosophy is work.

....if not, it will be a disaster....but at least we still have the Astros!!

17. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I wish he was aware of his deficiencies when he was waving Harden off in the 4th quarter these past playoffs.

Denovo likes this.
  18. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Why not? and Zboy like this.
  19. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

You want to skip this part where still have a little hope? :D

BigDog63 and jcf like this.
  20. topfive

topfive CF OG

Rockets: "Hey, would you guys be interested in a superstar guard who's locked into a contract for another few years?"

Knicks: "So the rumors are true, even Harden's on the block. Hellz yeah, we'll take him!"

Rockets: "Um... we actually meant CP3."

Knicks: *click*

BigDog63, Reeko and B-Bob like this.