1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey on Dan Patrick in about 20 minutes....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by King1, Jun 18, 2019.

1. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Exactly. We couldn't even beat the spurs without Kawhi. Forget Golden State

With CP3 we legitimately had a chance to beat the warriors

bmelo, tc0330, RudyTBag and 1 other person like this.
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Well, that choker was Demar DeRozan.

3. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

To be fair, this sort of thing (negative publicity) tends to snowball. First you have one Mister Smith. Then two, four, eight, sixteen, thirty-two. I can see why Morey is out there with a fire hose. (He better check that it emits water not gasoline.)

4. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Lot's of good stuff in that interview. Thanks,JR, for posting. I'm starting to believe the hype.

RudyTBag likes this.
  5. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Interesting that in all of these interviews, Daryl sounds pretty confident about the possibility of getting a legit 3rd guy...

The Cat likes this.
  6. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Horford or Butler

tc0330, SC1211 and thedreamsteam like this.
  7. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/where-do-the-rockets-go-from-here/

The FT rate has gone up in the playoffs each of the last 4 years. It's gone WAY DOWN for Harden.

This guy from 538 is a great follow: https://www.instagram.com/llewellyn_jean/?hl=en
    Here's a chart for example:

"Most players get worse because competition goes up. A few get better, like James Harden gets better." Lol... no.

I wonder if DM is being obtuse, purposefully misleading, or - most shocking but potentially true - just doesn't know this math?

He's pandering to casual fans and non-informed fans at this point. Any informed fan - hopefully many reading the BBS - shouldn't fall for this stuff. I stopped reading after the first line because it was a blatant lie.

My only hope is that his actual performance doesn't mirror his media performance, which has become increasingly a sham. I think he's tired. He being DM. Still going through the motions, but not with the same zest as he did a decade ago... especially since 10 years ago he probably had an analytical edge over many other teams and now he doesn't.

8. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Dont the Rockets have PR employee? Hell, Tilman has a reality show so he can do his own PR.

9. thumps

thumps Contributing Member

I think it's hilarious that when asked "How do you convince me as the 2nd or 3rd option?" he quotes a coach that we fired and is no longer with the team. That doesn't sound very convincing to me.

Nelly likes this.
  10. solid

solid Contributing Member

GS got worse because of the injuries making the Rockets "better." Odd dynamics but looks like the case. We couldn't even win with Durant down, but with Thompson out, new ball game.

11. Vivi

Vivi Member

Now that i think about this...Morey said "it has to be sign & trade", Horford seems like will opt out to sign a new contract and to me the Celtics are going to move him sooner or later cause he's just to old for their core at this point. I really hope Horford is not that star Morey is talking about, i mean, i've always been a fan of Al and i think he would make us better, but he's not a star, i think we need a bit more.

mikol13 likes this.
  12. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Looks like Horford is opting out.

No, he's nowhere close to a star, lol.

daywalker02 and Denovo like this.
  13. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yeah, and Morey said "sign & trade" not "opt in trade", that's why that came to my mind...it's possible he also said sign & trade cause it's just more simple.

I guess at least we know he's either talking about Butler or Horford though, that's something although not exactly big news.

14. Denovo

Denovo Member

Pretty much the same outcome as this season.

15. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Horford can't be that third star. Three years ago, maybe. He would bring versatility that Capela lacks, but God knows, he's getting longer in the tooth.

JoeBarelyCares likes this.
  16. Reeko

Reeko Member

I would rather he just say nothing and move in silence...less words, more action

“2nd best team in the NBA the last 25 years” according to Morey, but no titles won in that span...Morey, stop...

let’s not forget “we’ll have our pick of the free agents” talk last summer as he proceeds to bring in MCW, Ennis, and Melo

bmelo, daywalker02 and thedreamsteam like this.
  17. Reeko

Reeko Member

agreed...he would help us a lot, no doubt, but potential 3rd star he is most certainly not

18. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

JR thanks for the transcription of this. I enjoyed this read.

JoeBarelyCares likes this.
  19. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Gracious, DP.....c'mon man. As a *basketball guy* I expect to see better takes than this.

20. lurgar

lurgar Member

I'm hopeful that some issues will be sorted out this season. If we can land a good addition to the roster then I'll feel even better.