1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

32 Points, 7 Rebounds, 7 Assists, 2 Steals Per Playoff Game (57% TS)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RudyTBag, Jun 14, 2019.

1. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

They went 17 and 5 without kawhi

What will the rockets record be if harden was out 22 games? And half of them no cp3 as well

jcf likes this.
  2. farhen

farhen Member

He should take a stepback on his ISO call plays that's one thing

3. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

Didn't watch this years Western Finals and the Finals.

If Toronto can wait 24 years to get their first championship, I also wait another 6 years for my first Rockets championship.

4. roslolian

roslolian Member

Luck is part of skill you do know that right? Its not like Harden was unlucky GSW was already missing Kd and Cousins. If we had Kawhi instead of Harden we would have won the series esp with Kawhi and Tucker locking everybody up.

TheFreak likes this.
  5. roslolian

roslolian Member

PJ Tucker and EG were already doing what Siakam was giving the Raptors.

Its funny before playoffs nobody here said Raps were better than the Rockets they win suddenly Raps are the better team wtf. Leadership of Kawhi and coaching of Nick Nurse goes a long way towards making everyone else better.

Mr. Clutch and BeardNation13 like this.
  6. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

St Louis (NHL) just won their first in 49 years of existence. ;)

7. jcf

jcf Member

If we are playing pretend, I'm going with "not a chance". Give Rockets Game 1 back and have Klay get inured (sadly) for a game. Over.

8. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

I was making the point that we overlook what other guys have done and dog our own guy.

The bottom line is that Morey has to do a better damn job of building the team. If it's building around Harden, fine. If you have to trade Harden to get a better Rockets team, then I'm good with that too. Either way the roster is flawed and needs to be fixed. If we have to get anither GM to finish the job, let's do it. I just want progress or a hard rebuild. Standing pat would be frustrating for me.

vlaurelio likes this.
  9. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

I’m having a hard time reconciling your original post with your explanation of your of said post. I will have to take your word that the team comes first and that personal accolades/achievements of ANY player comes second.

IMHO, we had enough talent to beat the Warriors this season, Moeray can only do so much. We failed because DTony didn’t make the correct adjustments down the stretch and Forgetta went after tax savings! Not to mention that some key players choked!!!

Peace & Love ;)

Go Rockets !!!

10. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

That's fine. We'll agree to disagree. I don't think we had the horses. The truth is our team is too small ( which hurts defensive rebounds, contesting shots, & loose balls) Our star turns the ball over waaay too much (turnovers) , our #2 is an old/injured former superstar who'll never play a full season ( overpaid), our #3 is an aging undersized wing who wants a big contract. Our #4 ( freshly minted @ $90 million) young star center just plain no showed the biggest series of the year. PJ Tucker outplayed his contract but dude is 34 years old and can't jump over a credit card. Crazy Gerald Green is a wild card journeyman who could drive both coaches nuts in the same game. Rivers/ Faried helped but they were both cut by NBA teams during the year and are FAs. Shumpert was a zero. Nene is old and a waste of a roster spot. There were some good moments this year but the roster had serious limitations. I place most of this at the feet of Morey and Fertita ( luxury tax limits)

#70 TEXNIFICENT, Jun 15, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2019
  11. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Lmfao, Exactly nobody, before or after the playoffs, thought EG and Tucker were remotely close to Siakam. That is, out of people that actually watched both teams.

I mean come on. Where exactly do EG and Tucker do as well as Siakam? Rebounding? No. Blocking? No. Scoring? No. Creating? No

He scored 40 points in one game for crying out loud. EG and Tucker never did that, combined.

The raptors are better because they are better. It’s actually that simple. You don’t need to make narratives about how Nick Nurse is basketball omnipotent God and Kawhi is the second coming of Christ. The answer is right in front of your face.

Mr Chuck Norris and vlaurelio like this.
  12. biff17

biff17 Member

Why is Kawhi better than Harden?

Not saying he isn't but Kawhi does not do much off ball stuff and he was invisible down the stretch in multiple games.

13. biff17

biff17 Member

Kawhi was playing Draymont most of the series.

How is that locking up everybody?

14. Mr Chuck Norris

Didn't draymond almost avg a triple double as well?

15. biff17

biff17 Member

He did have one and he had almost had 2 more but fell an assist short on one and a rebound in the other.

Her also scored 1 total point more in the Toronto series.

16. roslolian

roslolian Member

If he was invisible down the stretch multiple games how come Toronto beat Sixers, Bucks and GSW? That's a who's who of NBA contenders only team missing is the Rockets. If Kawhi doesn't do anything how come he is NBA finals MVP? Is the entire NBA dumb? Or are you just biased as heck?

Make a poll of non-Rockets fans and overwhelmingly people will say Kawhi is better than Harden. Just because I'm a lifelong Rockets and big Harden fan doesn't mean he can't do wrong in my eyes, we're never gonna improve if everybody thinks Harden already did everything humanly possible and just the damn refs cost the team the series.

Kawhi Leonard Playoffs 2019: 30.5 pts 9.1 rebs 3.5 ast 38% 3pt 62% TS
    Harden Playoffs 2019: 31.6 pts 6.9 ast 6.6 rebs 35% 3pt 57% TS

Harden put up similar raw stats but efficiency wise he pales compared to Kawhi. Like I said very few unbiased will say Harden is better than Kawhi this season. The stats bear it out, and the result bears that out as well. Even the eye test bears that out how many people accuse Kawhi of sitting out when he's not handling the ball? Did Lowry talk to Kawhi about his usage the way CP3 talked to Harden? I also didn't see any of that Harden defense in the playoffs, in fact a lot of time he let Curry and Steph blow by him for easy buckets. If you need to ask why the Finals MVP is better than the dude who couldn't force GSW to Game 7 then either you are trolling or you're just extremely biased.

#76 roslolian, Jun 15, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2019
  17. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Nuthuggin must have perks

Bringing up his statline without mentioning his disinterest in crucial moments is pointless. You can average 40-15-10 and still quit like Harden has done multiple playoff series

18. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Love this post. A lot of people don’t play basketball here on clutchfans at any level so they don’t understand the game. If you watched the series Leonard was very limited on offense and he could not blow by warrior defenders most of the time and instead opted for fade-away 2s or mid range shots or decided to pass altogether. Was he being passive? No. Fact is he’s not as good as harden who commands so much attention because he usually blows by the first defender. Second point is both players passed the ball out of situations where the lane was clogged. But some clutch fans are praising Leonard while again demonizing harden and labeling him passive or weak or not taking matters in his hands but yet the man was the highest scorer in most of that series. Meanwhile kahwhi had great difficulty scoring in several games including the last one. Double standard? Yes indeed

vlaurelio likes this.
  19. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Is the criticism fair? Stats are close and the 2 play different positions. Point is does harden deserve all the criticism even with gouged eyes by draymond? What he does in the court does he deserve the hatred and berating by observers most who’s never touched a basketball in their lives? Answer me that. The issue is fairness and truth. Most fans hate harden for unwarranted reasons such as getting favorable calls on fouls.

vlaurelio likes this.
  20. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Howbout simply the farthest any superstar could have carried the rockets last year

Stephen_A likes this.