1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rocket Trade Ideas 2018-19

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shark44, Jul 7, 2018.

1. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Horrible trade for Wizards. Their best assets (Beal and Brown) turn into lesser players and a lousy pick.

2. rockets13champs

Lonzo is a potential future star, Eric Gordon is a great asset to trade down the line. Houston could add a 1st to this if they want.

3. rockets13champs

Btw I noticed ur from Toronto. Congrats on ur team

4. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Haha. Not enjoying this as much as you think. Friends all rip into me for being a rockets fan. It’s only getting worse incentives they beat the warriors.

5. TipsyDixit

TipsyDixit Member

KOC at the Ringer just hypothesized that Clint could be among the "potential all-star talent" New Orleans is looking for in a third-team to complete the trade with the Lakers. I think that's insane, BUT how would this look:

Rockets get:
    Lonzo
    4th pick
    Solomon Hill

Lakers get:
    Anthony Davis
    Nene
    HOU 2021 2nd (from PHIL)

Pels get:
    Clint
    Brandon Ingram
    Josh Hart
    HOU 2021 1st
    HOU 2021 2nd
    LAL 2021 1st
    LAL 2023 1st

Pels get a lot of assets and NBA ready players. We may need to give up more firsts for the deal or else remove Lonzo from the deal. Hill could actually be an asset because he has a salary that is useful for trade matching purposes.

In the link below I have added Rondo to the trade with the Pels to make the money work, but his money would actually be off the books when the trade is completed.

http://tradenba.com/trades/By6_T1k1S

Embrace the clutch and xaos like this.
  6. Vivi

Vivi Member

Why would we want to trade Clint AND picks to get Lonzo when we have Chris Paul? Makes no sense for us, aside for the pick, players we might use are Kuzma, Ingram and Hart. Lonzo although talented (and imo even a bit underrated at this point) is the one who fits less here, i don't see the Rockets move future picks for him...maybe one but i'm not sure it's worth it.

7. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

Interesting. I would rather trade Lonzo and the 4th pick for a stud. I don’t know who is projected to go fourth but he would have to be a bad man for me to make this deal and keep the pick.

D-rock likes this.
  8. TipsyDixit

TipsyDixit Member

Theory is that you have a guy who can fill the Austin Rivers role when we wont have the money to sign him in the offseason plus being a much better passer and a lot younger.

You trade the picks to get this year's much better pick.

You could even flip Lonzo, the pick, even more picks (and Hill) for another player like Aaron Gordon or Beal.

D-rock and BaselineFade like this.
  9. Vivi

Vivi Member

There's no way we get Gordon or Beal for Lonzo and picks, especially with him coming off the bench here, that would limit him in boost his value and maybe even his development. But i get what you're saying, i'm all for aquiring talent if there's a chance and if it doesn't cost too much.

TipsyDixit likes this.
  10. PWR

PWR Member

Rockets get:
    Salary out- $32 mil + $3.6 mil excep
    Salary in- $35.5 mil

Jaylen Brown
    Kevin Love

Celtics get:
    Salary out- $40.8 mil + $1.3 mil excep
    Salary in- $41.9 mil

Bradley Beal
    Clint Capela

Wizards get:
    Salary out - $27 mil
    Salary in - $17.8 mil after all cuts except E.G.

Eric Gordon's expiring
    JR Smith (only 3.8 mil guaranteed)
    Chris Chiozza's non-guaranteed
    Michael Frazier's non-guaranteed
    Semi Ojeleye's non-guaranteed
    Boston's 1st round pick (#14)
    Boston's 1st round pick (#20)

Cavs get:
    Salary out - $32.8 mil
    Salary in - $32.7 mil

Gordon Hayward
    Boston's 1st round pick (#22)

Trade makes sense for everyone. *Rockets get a young, defensive wing & a rebounding center that can shoot.
    *Celtics get a young all star scoring guard and a young, upcoming center in order to move Horford to PF.
    *Wizards get a scoring guard, cap space, & 2 first round picks.
    *Cavs get a former all star & a first round pick.

Starters
    Paul
    Harden
    Jaylen Brown
    Tucker
    Kevin Love

Bench
    Wayne Ellington (MLE)
    House (re-sign)
    Anthony Tolliver (free agency)
    Hartenstein
    G. Clark
    G. Green (re-sign vet min)
    Nene

JamalP. likes this.
  11. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Over / Under 45 games played by Kevin Love next year.

Over / Under 58 games played by CP3 next year.

12. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Stop underrating Lonzo. This is a very legitimate trade scenario that makes sense for everyone involved

Embrace the clutch likes this.
  13. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Yes to Jaylen Brown. Near ideal addition.

Hell no Kevin Love.

D-rock and xaos like this.
  14. Le$$

Le$$ Member

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y25n2wav

To me this is a stong trade for all Parties.

Houston Gets : G.Hayward(Cpaul Match Contract), Jrue Holiday(CP0 Replacement), Soloman Hill(bench help), and Etan Moore(Gordon Replacement) + #20 Pick.
    Boston Gets : Anthony Davis, Eric Gordon
    Pelicans Get : Chris Paul, Clint Capela, Marcus Smart, Jaylen Brown + #14 and #22 Picks, and Future 1st 2020 from houston.

Sign me up!

With Davis in Boston, they win the sweepstakes and get sure resign of Kyrie, Al, and have Jason and Rozier still there with Eric Gordon as new lethal shooter.
    Pelcians get all new lineup, while getting 3 first. That lineup out west could compete for a 6th seed easy while rebuilding in the draft. They are drafting Zion, and they also have a early 2nd round pick!.
    Rockets get need depth, great younger point guard to put around Harden in Jrue, With Hayward teaming up with harden run and gun shooting 3's and #20 pick in 2019 draft. Bench Help!!, does this look good or what?

#1694 Le$$, Jun 14, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
  15. BigBum

BigBum Member

Capela ingram to wizards
    Beal and. 4th pick to pelicans.

16. fattz

fattz Member

Gordon
    For
    WCS

WCS (s&t) the defensemen we so need.

Kings
    (Bagley, Bjelica, & Giles are still on rookie scale and need the playing time moving WCS is better than paying for something they already have.) Gordon gives them a solid pairing with Fox.

17. rockets13champs

I hate this one

18. fattz

fattz Member

Why?

We need everything thing that Cauley-Stein is & Gordon’s not staying here past next year. Easiest way to get a center because Capela is are only trade assets we have —> his shelf life as a Rocket is up too —> he will paired with Paul somehow, IMO. What else do we have?

it’s going to be a wild off season

19. D-rock

D-rock Member

WCS is FA.

20. fattz

fattz Member

Restricted and the Kings will/should match a low ball offer to keep him as a trade asset. If the Kings get something in return then and only then will they pass him on with a reasonable contract. Sure one could way over pay and just buy him out right but that is not good business. A Capela type contract would be ideal, IMO. Gordon replacement will come in the Paul trade —> his skill set is not uncommon.

saleem likes this.