1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans withdraw pursuit of Nick Caserio

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by justtxyank, Jun 14, 2019.

1. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Why would they be in trouble if they played by the rules?

2. IBTL

IBTL Member

Perhaps but the texans have a history of cheapness and not playing to win. Middle of the pack mentality..there is a reason capers was known as r2p2 and conserviak...well conserviak.

They are an amateur org charging professional prices. they choose players based on 'signability' aka cheapness not to win. But dont take my word for it

I will admit i was pleasantly surprised to see cal start throwing daddys cash... dropping gaine almost 1/3 into contract. This part is actually good news.. BUT by the sounds of the caesario section deal its looking like cal mcmute might be even more of a buffoon than his dad. Ouch!

Im an oilers fan lost in the vortex. General zod in the phantom zone and this is planet houseton.

Its all good and despite this years forthcoming 8-8 record i think we will fire obrien. Likely at end of season and yet again this will be another punt season with no gm and no bob when done.

I wouldnt be surprised if obrien has a stroke right there at the same spot kubiak did..

It will be kinda exciting when we do our big coach search and perhaps the son can win me over back. Is cowher still alive?geez.

Really the only thing that will exercise the demons and fix this whole thing is to start over and get the dad gum oilers name back.fml

3. Rasheed

Rasheed Member

4. Whenitsover

Whenitsover Member

Sorry guys. Tried to warn you. Team is under incompetent management from top to bottom. This can only end poorly and unfortunately, it only gets worse from here. The truth is they jumped the gun. They thought they had Caserio.

This entire situation revolves around BOB being too hasty and Cal being too agreeable of him. From someone I know, the Pats apparently had enough to get the Texans on the tampering charges and let them off the hook to drop their pursuit. Just a cluster all the way around.

Expect a failure of a season, followed by hopefully a clean sweep of the organization. I do not know what else to say. Their incompetence never ceases to amaze me.

rockets94-95 and Mr. Clutch like this.
  5. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Like I said in the other thread... I'm just here for the lol's. Here's to hoping Deshaun Watson survives.

6. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Not the first time. Amirite?

Nook likes this.
  7. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I wish I could agree a clean sweep will happen. More likely, a clean sweep led by Bill No'Brain.

whag00 likes this.
  8. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

My god this organization is a ****ing mess. I’m growing very weary of their bullshit.

Nook and macho GRANDE like this.
  9. IBTL

IBTL Member

same
    [​IMG]

10. rockets94-95

rockets94-95 Member

Between the management dysfunction, failure of an offseason, and tough schedule, the season is shaping up to be quite the disaster and hopefully they will follow up by cleaning house. As someone else pointed out, start by hiring a GM (and one who knows how to successfully manage player development) and then find the right coach. At least we have the Astros and I’m sure the Rockets will be interesting enough and in the mix again come next season.

tmoney1101 likes this.
  11. Mr. Clutch

12. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Call Sam Hinkie

tmoney1101 likes this.
  13. Nimo

Nimo Member

Huh? I said they played by the rules and weren't going to get in trouble. They werent going to get in trouble because they were playing by the rules. Allegedly

14. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

I been following all these threads, not posting but amusing as they been and I have to say when I saw this thread title, I thought it was a bonafide joke. This is complete crazy going on . What can you say lol

Nook and macho GRANDE like this.
  15. SleepyRodriguez

Firing a GM to try to hire a top level member of a Super Bowl organization, only to have it backfire on you speaks volumes about the state of your organization. The Texans need to cut ties with anyone that was associated with the proposal of this terrible plan. Who is left holding the bag? This is not the way to run an NFL franchise. It is juvenile and short sighted. This organization is lost and wallowing in some sort of abyss that makes everyone uncomfortable and frightful of the future. Time to fire a lot top level people and time to try to right this ship before it becomes more of a laughing stock. Houston deserves better!

Nook and Mr. Clutch like this.
  16. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Oh get over yourself. This doesn't do ****. It doesn't affect the players or coaches. People.....The GM's interaction, day to day, with the players is minimum. This has no affect on the players and coaches. Win on the field.....no one cares.

justtxyank likes this.
  17. Mr. Clutch

So when Easterby tampered and gave the go-ahead to fire Gaine based on his recon mission at the ring ceremony, he forgot to ask Caserio if he was even allowed to interview?

macho GRANDE likes this.
  18. Whenitsover

Whenitsover Member

Very true. I am just at a loss here. Cant imagine how Hop and J.J. feel. At least Clowney may get lucky and find his way out.

19. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

LOL.....They don't care. It doesn't affect them. I think many of you don't understand how NFL teams work. The coaches are important. GMs, not so much to the day to day and player interaction. Unless it DIRECTLY involves a player (money, contract, or if he signed or cut), they don't care about the Front Office. The Head Coaches and his support staff is all that matters.

Only reason Clowney cares is that his contract is in Limbo (who is deciding yeah or nay). They have to decide who is doing the personnel decisions now. Otherwise, Clowney wouldn't care.

mario_v likes this.
  20. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

It matters in the sense that as players they want to win and they're on a team that has plateaued at the 1st round of the playoffs. Yes, the players and coaches matter. But management shapes the team. They pick the players. They negotiate the contracts. They determine whether the coach stays or goes. They determine the overall direction of the franchise. If the players look at management and lose confidence in them, they can still do their job, but should they have any confidence in the organization eventually getting over the hump?

I'd care if the organization I played for seemed incompetent. It may not matter immediately in the day to day of things. But in the overall scheme of things, it does matter.

macho GRANDE likes this.