1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stephen A Smith and Brian Windhorst on Tilman Fertitta's Motivation

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jun 14, 2019.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

you forgot Rockets Legend Tilman Fertitta

3. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Morey and Tilman all want the spotlight.

alcatrazpsycho likes this.
  4. Carl Herrera

He is not a legend yet. Only people who were with the Rockets before and are no longer with the Rockets are legends. Tilman will have to sell the Rockets or die before he becomes a Rockets legend. For now, he is future Rockets legend Tilman Fertitta.

stevel, Sajan and Os Trigonum like this.
  5. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

future Rockets legend Tilman Fertitta it is, then

Kornel87 likes this.
  6. rockets13champs

Just a bunch of speculation they’re just quoting johnathan feigen and saying what they think

napalm06 and tinman like this.
  7. JuNx

JuNx Contributing Member

Nothing too outlandish being said here. Is up to the owner and GM now to proof folks wrong.

BamBam likes this.
  8. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Holy **** .

They are going IN on tilman and MDA .

****ing hillarious .

Can't say windhorst is wrong .

Can't say SAS is wrong .

Roster and coach have to be better . Owner could have paid for improvements , but would they have been significant enough to push us over ... that depends on his beliefs . Granted , tilman is a second year owner and might not know **** about basketball .

IF CP3 wants to go to LA and LA will take him off our hands and give us Ingram and ball or the 4 pick .... then I'll take that in a heartbeat .

Even if they just give us one of those things I might consider it because it does open up some cap space . And we'd be able to use the MLE too I believe .

If we believe CP3 is declining quickly or if he legit wants out why not trade him . The last thing you want to do is pay a player 40 mil who doesn't wanna be there . CP3 is the bad guy in this scenario . We honored our commitment when we traded for him and he's backing out after 2 tries .

Furthermore a move involving CP3 where we take back significantly less salary great helps Tilman's bottom line . Corporations will still buy tickets . James will still take us to the playoffs . The revenue will be about the same , but the roster cost will be way down and we maybe we accidentally avoid the luxury tax again.

I think both windworst and SAS are bullshitting . But , I wouldn't put it past tilman fertita to think that he could create a win win scenario this offseason where the team gets younger and positioned better for the next 2-3 years AND getting out of paying the luxury tax .

I think for any of this to happen .

1) CP3 needs to want to go to LA .

2) the lakers have to strike out on Davis and other higher ranked options

3) they have to be willing to give us SOMETHING in return . Ball , Ingram , draft pick .

4) the cap space we generate from trading him has to be useful ... in other words , this trade can't happen after all the good free agents we would be able to get with that space are gone .

5) the last point kinda conflicts with #2 ... which mean the timing on this potential deal is going to have to be very fortuitous .

A lot of things would have to come together for this win-win to occur.

KD and klay injuries really did shake up the west . Free agency is a huge shake up every year too. NBA offseason is pretty exciting

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  9. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

Can we clarify something please?
    DM had to give up that 1st rounder to get rid of Knights contract.
    The 1st rounder was never used on Shumpert, SAC never got a 1st rounder, CLE got the pick. So let’s stop feeding people false information and start actually researching things and doing your job as a media member.
    I, as well as every Rocket fan, knew that this roster wasn’t going to win anything. The season started off horrible, CP3 never showed up, Tilman seemed more concerned with money saving rather than winning. So let’s stop acting like this is a surprise to us fans.
    DM went out and signed guys that he knew weren’t worth more than $1.5 mill (MCW, Ennis, Melo, etc.). The priority was never winning, it was money saving. Did Tilman hope to win in the process? Of course but once he noticed that the team was hot garbage he executed his money saving plan.

BaselineFade, mikol13, amaru and 2 others like this.
  10. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

How do you get Clutchfans to suddenly embrace Brian "Windbag" Lebron-Chaser and "Screaming A" Smith?

Have them speculate about Tillman Fertitta. Instant ratings.

sirbaihu, yixiixiy, Amel and 3 others like this.
  11. dmoneybangbang

/confirm their bias about the front office/ownership.

12. BigBum

BigBum Member

Disagreed, it looked good in February deadline. Cheap is the part of the problem.
    With Ariza, you can make good trade. Now you’d have rivers and oubre bird right.

KDavis likes this.
  13. BeardNation13

BeardNation13 Member

BRING BACK UNCLE LES ALEXANDER - THE MAN WHO DELIVERED NOT ONE BUT TWO CHAMPIONSHIPS TO THE CITY OF HOUSTON

14. Mr Chuck Norris

This is all coming from Chris Paul's mouth IMO. There are several media personalities that the players share info with. I think Stepen A is for CP3. So meh. I can't say i disagree. Tilman looks slimy to me.

15. Carl Herrera

Words are wind, Tilman. If you have a problem with what they say, show them with your deeds.

16. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

How does Tillman look slimmy... u do know NBA contracts are Guaranteed. Trade me 100 times. U still payed me over 130 mil....lol let that sink.

17. amaru

amaru Member

Harden haters trigger alert!

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

No lies were told.

19. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Well, Brian “600 LB Life”, before his next visit to Doctor Now, is for the first time not using all his air to glorify Golden State (because they’re down and out). So it’s refreshing, almost.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Truth is the Rockets want to dump CP3's contract as bad.

Hard to trust anyone at this point with all those half truths flying around.