1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Congrats 2019 NBA Champs - Toronto Raptors

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jsingles, Jun 13, 2019.

1. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

I stopped reading at "injuries"

********************************asterisk*******************************************

They got lucky tbh. They just proved that the only way the best of the east can beat the best of the west is via opponent-injuries.

2. Audioout

Audioout Member

My god people. Calm down. They barely held on to beat the Warriors who were reeling from missing Klay, Durant, and Looney. It took Curry playing only so so, and Igoudala and Green missing everything they shot. We lost by single digits every game, was cheated out of game 1, and had to play against one of the best playoff performances by Durant of all time until he went out.

It sucked we lost. We shouldn't have lost, or at least, not like that. But sometimes s**t happens.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The thing is all we can do is talk and type - it is the players who execute down the stretch in the Playoffs.......if they can't get through adversity, talking is useless.

There are still people who luv to make excuses.

BaselineFade likes this.
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

5. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Congrats to Jeremy Lin and his fans! His 51 seconds of Finals play was the difference even though the scoreboard will never show it.

0 points, 0 rebounds, 0 assists, 0 blocks, 0 steals... unbelievable player. Who would have thought he'd come out of nowhere and produced such a beautiful and pure set of stats in the finals?

Props to Nick Nurse for not playing Lin in any minutes that mattered. Smart move!

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

There is a player who won 3 championships in a row, nobody is talking about him!

7. Audioout

Audioout Member

Yeah, the Warriors can't get through adversity apparently. They obviously must suck and the Raptors are 1000x better than them because they won in 6 games.

jcf likes this.
  8. shlhl

shlhl Member

damn lucky canadian team

Tfor3 likes this.
  9. sew

sew Member

I give zero ****s what others think of this championship. WOOOOOOOO, lets ****ing go!!!!

BaselineFade, smp and don grahamleone like this.
  10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lulz......we are talking long term here......sure the Raptors have a Top 2 team this year, few predicted that and they match up well with lots of good teams.

But the Worriers are a perennial contender, they might not be next year, but it is closer than you think.

Take the Bucks, if Giannis had some sort of a jumper, the Bucks have a very good chance to advance. Or if Bledsoe and Middleton have their season averages.

The Raptors have 1 superstar and lots of good players, they can absorb injuries better than anyone right now, but if Kawhi gets injured, they are toast in the Playoffs at least.

Contenders are fragile like hell as well.

IMO the Raptors have to at least win 3 championships to match the Worriers dynasty. Period.

11. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Let's see Bob Meyers put money where his fake tears are, and give MAX Kellerman contracts to both Klay and Durant this off-season.

12. raptorsguy

raptorsguy Member

Unbelievable! Shout out to those who believed in the Raptors. I enjoyed reading what you guys had to say. Till next year clutch fans!

13. raptorsguy

raptorsguy Member

And zboy. Canada loves you my man. ;)

14. trilliamz

trilliamz Member

Man this hurts so much. I'm so sick and tired of being broken hearted by our team.....sigh.....

15. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Go ride a moose or something.

[​IMG]

raptorsguy and Tfor3 like this.
  16. Valen

Valen Member

I think the Rockets have a chance next season to follow Raptor's example and build a team that is focus on playing team ball not just watch Harden dribble and step back three. We need to change pieces. We need players willing to play hard, no more softies. Morey needs to take chances like the Raptors GM and make big trades. Anyways, Congrats to Raptors, they earn the title. Kawhi proved himself to be a Dynasty destroyer. Unbelievable Playoff run. Raptors vs Sixers series was one of the best series i ever watched. Sixers will be dangerous if they stay together. Congrats to Lowry too, after all he has been through. I am so happy for him.

17. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Yeah injuries had nothing to do with it.

18. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

19. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Not luck at all. They were the better team and it showed on the court. Toronto was quicker, sharper in their play execution while GS looked tired and a step slow. This was their 5th straight NBA Finals and that's an awful lot of games to play. To go from October to June year after year after year after year after year is just brutal. GS appeared to be worn down to me which is why their turnovers and sloppy ball handling increased as the playoffs continued. As for the injuries, I was not surprised at all that their bodies began breaking down because all those games had to take a serious toll on them physically and mentally. But all this in no way should take away from what Toronto accomplished. They went out there and won the title fair and square. I was happy to see a team go out there and win it without gimmicks, constant whining about the officials to league and pretending to be smarter than everyone else because in the final analysis championships are won on the court and not on computers.

20. Valen

Valen Member

Raptors swept a fully Healthy Warriors in regular season. What excuse you have then? Warriors built their Dynasty off of injuries to other teams (as Rockets fan you should know this). They are universally recognize as 3x Champs. Injuries are no excuse it's part of the game.

BaselineFade likes this.