1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

WOJ: Klay Thompson tore ACL

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Carl Herrera, Jun 14, 2019.

1. rockets11206

rockets11206 Member

Hoping that this injury will ignite a little spark with FA to come and get a ring possibly next year with the Rockets. Then again can join the Lakers and be in a bigger market with Lebronzo

2. Mr. Space City

Klay for CP3?

Warriors get another all-star until Durant gets healthy. :)

hakeem94 and Elephant810 like this.
  3. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

32 yr old curry with 70 yr old cankles. He was rolling them every other game it seemed like this season.

Draymond is trash without his full all star lineup.

Klay and KD need a full year to recover and possibly 1.5 years- 2 to even resemble what they once were.

Next year is our year. We MUST reload and spend some money hint hint Fertita.

4. malakas

malakas Member

Next season,we could very well have the weakest West of the past 20 years.

If AD comes east and Kawhi stays in Toronto

BaselineFade likes this.
  5. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I think wear and tear contributes to a tear in a fluke landing. Bear in mind he also had the hamstring injury.

“Normal” people would be taking it easy for a decent while after a hamstring injury like that because we’re not professional athletes.

It’s got to factor in.

6. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If they resign Durant and Klay for max contracts, that team is f'ed for next year. Boogie worked for peanuts for a ring he ain't getting. Livingston is likely going to retire. They will have no real money to offer anyone of substance and no reason for anyone to think they could ring chase,

7. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

Get well soon. Could not have happened to a more deserving team

hakeem94 and Downtown Sniper like this.
  8. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Klay is the only player I like on that team. He's a beast for coming back out for the free throws and trying to come back.

9. celebrevida

celebrevida Member

Assuming Durant and Klay both sign Max contracts, it could actually work out long term. You throw away 2019-20 and get into lottery. Then if luck comes your way, you get a top pick for 2020-21.

10. JW86

JW86 Member

It looked bad and I’ll take back what I said, tonight I witnessed a guy who kept cheering after it was obvious Klay was seriously hurt and it felt awful. He came back out, that was very admirable. Only Draymond and Curry left. There’s no karma in sports.

11. Rocket_Man_2.0

12. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

probably the least likable and overrated player on the team.

There are people on this site calling him a superstar and even people in this thread calling him better than curry

13. apollo33

apollo33 Member

it really is now or never for the Rockets next season.

BaselineFade and Tfor3 like this.
  14. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

What don't you like about him?

15. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Lots of if’s.....

Both injured guys have to come back to form. Have to be really bad to have a decent shot at high pick. Pick has to pan out...

16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Honestly, that's how I see it. They used every bit of luck they had for that run. Every bit of luck. It's run out and caught up to them now.

Will be interesting to see what the Klay/KD do for FA, sure...

But what about the Warriors? Klay/KD have every right to ask for one year max contracts and how can the Warriors in good conscience say no? KD risked his career for them and all Klay did...

I think their best strategy is to basically tank for a year, get a good draft pick, then return with Klay/KD resigned on long term deals.

17. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

Sore loser. Never gets the criticism he deserves and is always complaining in interviews like how he recently cried about not making all nba when there are easily at least 6 guards that are better than him in the league

18. T.MAC

T.MAC Member

I bet Curry is now crying for his next miserable season.

19. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

The Worriers were on borrowed time with their long string of being healthy. It was just a question of time before lady luck caught up with them.

Rockets best chance is next season. While I have little faith in Fettitta, I guarantee Klay and Durant's injuries changes how Morey will approach this coming season vs. a fully stacked Golden State team.

20. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I never paid too much attention to his interviews just how he played on the court. I guess I don't rate him as highly as the media and other rate him, but he plays his role well, moves the ball, moves without the ball, plays solid d, super efficient, and doesn't b**** on court too much. He's excellent as a #3 player on a team. That's how I see him.

hakeem94 likes this.