1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2019 NBA Finals: Golden State Warriors vs. Toronto Raptors

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., May 25, 2019.

?

Golden State Warriors vs. Toronto Raptors

Poll closed May 30, 2019.
  1. Warriors in 4

8.9%
  2. Warriors in 5

28.3%
  3. Warriors in 6

25.6%
  4. Warriors in 7

3.3%
  5. Raptors in 7

24.4%
  6. Raptors in 6

8.3%
  7. Raptors in 5

0.6%
  8. Raptors in 4

0.6%
  1. Homey the Clown

Steph 6-17 FG, 3-11 3pt FG

1-5 in the 4th. Missed final 4 shots including the game winner with 9 seconds left.

0-8 lifetime in the playoffs on go ahead game winning shots under 10 seconds.

Steph has been doing stuff like this his entire career but they've been covered up by winning. Amazing.

Deckard, juanm34, JW86 and 9 others like this.
  2. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

@Mr. Clutch

lol...sad.

I tell ya who would have made some of those.... Klay.

Deckard, arno_ed, roslolian and 2 others like this.
  3. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

@Mr. Clutch

lol.....

4. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

This is so true and should be stickied for everybody to see. I've already said I prefer Leonard over Harden for the playoffs. Still, I recognize the super human efforts Harden has to be just for the Rockets to be in the playoffs. Curry carried his team a single game where he scored 49 points and the dude has looked dead for 2 games in a row.

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

So Now it's FACT that NO TEAM beat the Warriors Dynasty fully loaded with no injuries...ok...this chapter might be done and if that's the case then this team only got
    dethroned when injury plagued and/or with the help of refs and King James. Cleveland winning and the Raptors winning feels like charity championships. Glad this chapter is over. Not sure which I disdain more....the Steelers Reign with Terry Bradshaw and the steel curtain being the road block against the oilers OR the Warriors Reign against the Rockets...I still take the steelers as being more salty to this day

6. icewill36

icewill36 Member

You’re crazy. Yes they have no true 2nd all star but they are a talented team that plays great defense. I find it very impressive to beat philly AND Milwaukee.

Were you impressed by the rockets ? We couldn’t beat them once without KD, they beat them twice with everyone else playing. They had a difficult route they are legit.

naldodiaz, Deckard and KelvinCato13 like this.
  7. celebrevida

celebrevida Member

If you knew ahead of time that Klay and Looney would get hurt then indeed it would be crazy. But if both are healthy, its not crazy at all. A healthy Klay and Looney but without KD still has a good chance IMO. I mean they almost won after Klay went down tonight even.

8. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

Just the way they played. Could barely close out games and choked a few games even with all the injuries happening.

True "elite" championship teams would've won much more convincingly to me.

9. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member

Ya'll! Is it over? Is the GS era over?!

arabrocket and hieuytran like this.
  10. Pandaemonaeon

Pandaemonaeon Member

Harden would've been more effective than Curry for the Warriors once Klay went down. He probably would've won it for them tonight.

11. celebrevida

celebrevida Member

I know he came back but one other injury that is overlooked is Cousins. Before he got re-injured against Clippers, he was starting to look decent.

I think if he didn't get re-injured he would have been a bigger factor. When he came back for the Finals (actually didn't expect that), he was clearly really rusty and an even lesser version of himself than when he came back from the Achilles injury earlier this year.

There was so much hype about the Five All-Star lineup. But we pretty much never got to see it for almost the entirety of the playoffs.

12. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

You really don't know basketball. Great defense!!! They beat the best team in the league, the Bucks.

13. icewill36

icewill36 Member

Lol this is so ridiculous. I think 3 of their 4 wins were by double digits. It seems you expected the defending champions to lay down. Keep in mind all this allowed the warriors to play as underdogs despite being heavy favorites coming in. Steph is the most dangerous when the pressure is off. They plated with desperation the last couple games AS THEY SHOULD have with their season on the line. The raptors did fine. It was the first finals for everyone except Kawhi, Danny and serge. A win is a win.

14. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

There's a reason Curry doesn't have a finals MVP.

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

you could win by 1 or 20. who cares. a team could win by some miracle heave for all i care. they got the trophy and rings. who cares about convincing randoms out there lol

16. Reeko

Reeko Member

I think so, and thank God, and good riddance

now way can that core survive more finals runs...going to the finals year after year takes its toll...Bron at least changed up teams in between his 8 straight appearances bringing in fresh bodies with the Cavs, and he was in the East

17. Homey the Clown

Klay was CLEARLY the best player on GS this series in 4 of the 5 games he played. But I will point out how this GS dynasty only started because the other teams in 2015 were missing key players. Specifically:

2015 Cavs had no Kyrie no Love

2016 Blew a 3-1 lead with Curry having a horrific finals

2017-2018 Stacked the deck with KD

2017 Kawhi got hurt

2018 CP3 got hurt

2019 lost w/o KD against virtually a very good team but only one player you would consider top 10 (Kawhi).

And now at the end of their dynasty, they lose the title and don't three - peat because they were down two all stars.

The basketball gods hit them with karma.

BaselineFade likes this.
  18. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Hubie voted Vanvleet for Finals MVP. :D:D:D:D

19. roslolian

roslolian Member

Lol you cant expect any other team to beat GSW with 6 all stars...it was only possible cuz Cupcake Snake was a beta b**** and took a massive discount to play with GSW.

PhiSlamma15 likes this.
  20. roslolian

roslolian Member

Kawhi taking a dump all over the Spurs. He should have ended his quote with Pop tell me how my ass tastes lol