1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets CEO Tad Brown: "There are gonna be fireworks" in regards to Rockets offseason

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Jun 13, 2019.

1. jasonmurray29

jasonmurray29 Member

The players make these decisions these days.

2. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Hey man, I’m not crying. Maybe you can take a step back and have a conversation without telling me how you think I feel.

Have you seen me be one of the complainers on this site? I love this organization and have been here through all ups and downs since 1981.

Tilman has been caught lying about not trying to get under the luxury tax, treated a coach that had the best 3 year regular season stretch in Rockets history like second rate garbage and then lied about that and I’m not happy about it. I don’t have to be happy about it.

I trust and have a deep appreciation for Morey, I think he’s brilliant. I believe he is good enough and deserves all the time in the world to build a winner. I also think there are times he’s been given near impossible guidelines and the dude still shines.

Let’s be honest, when has the organization actually come out and said oh watch for big things and it’s actually happened? Very few if any. Deals are made on the low.

So far, Tilman hasn’t shown me **** and if I want to voice that, I’m going to. So back the F off. I’m really not in the mood to be challenged on my fandom when I have a good 38 years invested in it.

3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Fireworks...so who we signing for vet Min? Vince Carter?

J Sizzle likes this.
  4. bratna8

bratna8 Member

This...so much this.

The Rockets don't pay me, in fact we fans purchase tickets, merchandise, subscriptions etc. and the reason why these players, coaches get paid.

If I don't like the product or end result I will voice my displeasure for this team.

5. BeardNation13

BeardNation13 Member

You be you man. Ignore the clowns who questions your fandom. I appreciate that you've been a fan for much longer than I been alive.

Nook and mikol13 like this.
  6. BeardNation13

BeardNation13 Member

Anyway more fireworks in this thread than the Rockets can ever dream of...

7. topfive

topfive CF OG

AD, Kyrie, KD, Butler to Houston confirmed.

jch1911 and mikol13 like this.
  8. treyk3

treyk3 Member

why not Kawhii too? dream big, board man.

jch1911, topfive and mikol13 like this.
  9. HoustonCRT

HoustonCRT Member

I'd actually love that. He's one of my all-time favorite players. Him retiring here would be sweet.

jch1911 and JayGoogle like this.
  10. KiLLiN

KiLLiN Member

It's sad when the second our owner's name is mentioned, any credibility of progress is thrown out the window bc he doesn't own up to his actions in front of the media. Literally, everyone is thinking "I'll believe it when I see it" which is utterly appalling when we remind ourselves who our GM is. Truly a turn for the worst.

Smacktle, D-rock and darksoul35 like this.
  11. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I didn't mean to imply that YOU were crying. I was talking about fans in general. I was replying to how fans would react if the Rockets remained silent. I thought I delineated that with a paragraph return. I should have been more clear.

I didn't mean for you to type all that out. I know how annoying that is. My bad.

12. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Ahhh. Looked like you were taking a shot at me. I was a little surprised by it to be honest. So you don’t have to back the F off, just the E off.

I don’t even know what that means.

jch1911, Os Trigonum and DreamShook like this.
  13. 1Deep

1Deep Member

I just truly hope someone in the Rockets organization reads this thread so they know how we feel as a fan base.

I need them to know how sick of the bullshit we are.

14. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

this is the news i've been waiting for. I really like fireworks. They're not easy to get; feels like they are banned in more and more states on account of extreme heat, drought and fear of wildfire, further exasperated by climate change. I'm really looking forward to Tilman's fireworks. it's not every day that an NBA owner gives away free fireworks ...and right before the July 4th holiday. I'll stay tuned for where this is going down. are they gonna do it in a wallmart parking lot or is this happening at Tilman's house?

15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Ah forgot the next season is his last...I guess that would be a cool side thing.

16. Nook

Nook Member

They are working on getting Cal to close his mouth when he isn’t talking. Makes television interviews impossible.

17. ApuN

ApuN Member

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwnnn............

Little Bit likes this.
  18. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Translation : PLEASE RENEW YOUR SEASON TIX

19. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

20. Fulgore

Fulgore Member