1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Does anyone have an Apple Computer?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by DUDE, Oct 7, 2002.

1. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

You haven't seen the original 'dongle' video? This video is like the Hitler spoof with unique translations.

2. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Your absolutely right, but you generally are able to get the gist out of the conversation....that just sounded like drunk gibberish to me. If you were able to understand what he said, I wouldn’t mind a coherent recap....

I’m not an international man of mystery like you Cheetah, so I’m a little lost with the ‘dongle’ video that your alluding too. My interest has been tickled so I’m going to do some research in da webz, hope you’re not leading me towards some debaucherous sites....o_O

KingCheetah likes this.
  3. KingCheetah

BamBam likes this.
  4. BamBam

Lol ... Give me Trololo any day of the week over this guy! I find his laugh extremely annoying!

5. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Vegans
    Potheads
    Fundies
    Or
    Mac Users

Which insufferable evangelizing group convinced of their own superiority would you least like to be trapped in an elevator with for 12 hours?

6. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I'm waiting for people with 0 taste in art to start telling us it's $999 because it's a piece of art.

CCity Zero likes this.
  7. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

It's $999 because of what it is. There aren't any stands that do what it does......that are built to hold a $5000 monitor. Is it overpriced? Yes, but when people actually start using it...I bet some of the grumbling will die down.

8. KingCheetah

What is the general context of the interview?

9. Mathloom

Supporting Member

lol, no dude it will be available equally reliable for half that price and a quarter of the cost within a month from right now. It will be available in a less reliable version for a quarter of the price by the end of the year.

In reality it's a $6000 monitor but they needed to generate some brand loyalty by going with this gimmicky marketing strategy.

Sajan likes this.
  10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Take a peek into the world of audiophiles.

11. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

The people/businesses buying this hardware don't care about another $1000. This is not for the average consumer.

12. Mathloom

Supporting Member

It used to be affordable. It's less so now. If you think businesses will be less stingy about pissing away $1000, I don't think you're looking at it clearly. I know the podcasts are parading this line around about businesses not caring about the extra $1000. They will.

They are digging their own grave. People switched from the iphone en masse because of these shenanigans. Same is happening with imacs and laptops. Only the ipad pro is still a value consideration today.

This coming from a person who owns an iphone and a macbook pro.

Sajan and arkoe like this.
  13. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

love this guy :D

14. BamBam

All I could really figure out is that he talked to a cook at a restaurant, that’s it, then he starts laughing like an imbecile....it has to be a joke of some sort that he finds hilarious....

15. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

The last time I heard a sound like that, Godzilla was fighting Rodan

arkoe and KingCheetah like this.
  16. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Apple spent an estimated $10,000 trying to repair a MacBook Pro when the fix was incredibly simple — and it shows a limitation of Apple's latest MacBook designs

• Apple tried to fix a photographer's MacBook Pro, with the repairs costing an estimated $10,000.
    • The issue involved the computer's screen, which didn't seem to turn on no matter what. Apple did some costly repairs.
    • In the end, it turned out the screen's brightness setting was turned all the way down, which is a simple and free fix.
    • But special circumstances meant that the issue wasn't so easily diagnosed by the photographer or Apple — and highlight what appears to have been a flaw with the computer's Touch Bar, the touchscreen strip above the keyboard.

Torn n Frayed likes this.
  17. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Good god almighty! I can see why the dude lost his front teeth!

18. Roscoe Arbuckle

I grew up with an Apple IIe. It was a technological marvel at the time. Then I saw my parent's Macintosh from '95. It was a POS. Realize that when they initially fired Jobs, they just did minor improvements on the stale Mac.

I wouldn't touch an Apple product these days. Jobs wanted Apple to die with him, and it will. They are doing the same as last time: Minor improvements on existing products.

19. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Stupid Apple. Only 3rd on the Fortune 500 list. Took them until 2018 to be a trillion dollar company.

20. Asian Sensation