1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will Durant's injury finally cause a Tillman to spend money?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jun 11, 2019.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Now there's no excuse not to go all in.

2. tc0330

tc0330 Member

i dont even think tilman spends the extra $1 on guac

s3ts, B-Bob, Sajan and 13 others like this.
  3. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Tilman is financial trouble, and the decrease in revenue sharing dollars from KD merchandise sales will probably bankrupt the Rockets.

4. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Lmao Tillman isn’t ever gonna go into the LT. wel be trading picks and harden to dump cash if it ever comes to it

Sadboy and Sajan like this.
  5. BeardNation13

BeardNation13 Member

If he is not eating in one of his restaurants, Tilman is probably asking for a cup of water and filling it with soda

Sadboy, gatsby, B-Bob and 7 others like this.
  6. Hard_foul

Hard_foul Member

Wth is going on in here...

7. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Wth is going on in here indeed.

Hard_foul and BaselineFade like this.
  8. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

He's a well known sip-stealer

Sadboy likes this.
  9. BigBum

BigBum Member

He does not plan to spend 100 million luxury tax for 2 rings. How did he pay house and mda?

10. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member

Top owners in the NBA. Who ya got?

11. BigBum

BigBum Member

Nets are happy to spend 400 million dollars luxury tax for 2 rings.
    Nets
    Knicks,
    Clippers
    Lakers
    GS

Small town
    Cavs
    Thunder
    Mavs

12. remarrexxar

remarrexxar Member

17-18 1st in regular season
    Neraly beat GS in Western Conference
    MVP and coach of the year
    It doesn't make Tilman pay the tax.Could Durant's injury change it? I really doubt it.

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. BigBum

BigBum Member

Jimmy butler preferred teams are knicks, nets and clippers. He said he likes their owners.

14. Sep11ie

Sep11ie Member

Look man. I'm sorry Tilman banged your wife, or boyfriend... Let it go.

15. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I think the bigger question is what does KD do? Do you take that guaranteed $31.5million or do you take the risk of opting out and not getting a lucrative deal because of the injury ?

5 years $220m from GSW or 4 years $160m elsewhere …. I don't know if a team takes that risk . First of all he probably wont play at all in the regular season so you'd be paying him an entire season's salary to rehab , then there's no guarantee he comes back remotely close to KD.

I could see the Knicks accepting the fate of a rehab for KD while tanking another year to get a high draft choice to go next to him and whoever else they are able to sign with all that cap space …. but that could also affect who else they are able to sign , who wants to throw away a year waiting on maybe he comes back right or maybe this franchise is stuck with his contract for 3 more years if he doesn't ?

If he stays in GSW , what do they do about Clay ?! If they are above the tax line next season , they pay the repeater tax and the "tax" will be more than their actual salary ($175m with everyone returning) …. combined tax and salary they are looking at over $360m. Will they keep the band together ?

What about Kawhi , does he stay in Tornoto , go to one of the LA teams ? (I cant see him wanting to play with Lebron).

It's going to be an interesting offseason ... no matter what the Rockets do , the entire landscape of the NBA could change.

Hakeemtheking and RyanB like this.
  16. BigBum

BigBum Member

My calculation
    154 million plus 73 million tax for 14 rosters with Livingston retirement.

17. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

They aren't just taxpayers but repeat taxpayers , that means ....

• 250 percent up to $5 million
    • 275 percent up to $10 million
    • 350 percent up to $15 million
    • 425 percent up to $20 million
    • 475 percent up to $25 million
    My numbers included Livingston for another year .... Either way , they'll be paying a hell of a lot more than $73m in tax if KD and Thompson stay.

18. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Rockets always feel regretful they did not put all in when good opportunity to win championship is coming.

19. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Well, now we know why Myers was fake crying. That's a lot of tax he's going to pay!

Livingston will retire and they will trade Iguodala for 2 pieces and sign 2-3 minimum contract ring chasers. They will be fine imo. I don't think they will mind paying the tax.

I genuinely see KD as the most likely 2nd player ever to successfully return from an achilles tear. He's on a team that spends a lot, in a high-tech city, unlimited money and contacts available to him for best doctors, can dictate his return date, his team just spent a year rehabbing another player's achilles tear, his core game is based on him jumping straight up and down, and his height/wingspan make it highly feasible for him to become a C/PF. Do I want Capela going up against a Kevin Durant who has lost 30-40% of his explosion? No I don't.

At worst, he will end up a Klay Thompson impact level player. Elite jump shooter, can punish you if you over commit to his jump shot, lesser defender than Klay, superior mid range shooter, superior rebounder, superior shot blocker. The Warriors are stupid if they think they can't win with Steph Curry, two Klay Thompsons and Draymond Green. As long as they are title contenders and hence can extend the dynasty, they will pony up.

That's my prediction anyway.

20. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

God those poor chipotle workers having to bring that up... I am waiting for a contract to be signed that says I won't complain at the register.

tc0330 likes this.