1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Durant injury: did greedy Warriors ruin his career?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by mastan, Jun 11, 2019.

1. mastan

mastan Member

Report: Kevin Durant Wasn't 'Anywhere Close to 100%' Before Achilles Injury

hakeem94 likes this.
  2. Reeko

Reeko Member

not sure why this is in the GARM...KD had no business playing, period...now he’s suffered 1 of the worst injuries u can get as a ball player while he’s in his prime and about to be a free agent

gatsby, Hakeemtheking, Zboy and 2 others like this.
  3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

yes.

GSW played on KD's weakness for wanting to be loved.

saleem, gatsby, ghettocheeze and 10 others like this.
  4. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

I mean he did sell his soul to the devil by joining the Warriors. He got his ring and now this.
    Basketball gods giveth and taketh away.

5. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Reading from Durant, he had the choice to play and he didn't blame anyone. When he practiced, his teammates would raise issue if he wasn't himself. Skip Bayless said when he watched practice that Durant looked very healthy before Game 5.

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

that's why a person like skip bayless knowing what a pro athlete should look like should not always be taken seriously. Jalen Rose himself said KD didn't look good when he practiced. now here we are

saleem, gatsby, BallSoHarden and 12 others like this.
  7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Jalen got dragged for saying it too when KD was cleared to play in game 5.

saleem, rockets1995 and BigShasta like this.
  8. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I just hope the real mvp is proud of him.

9. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

Players union should get involved with this. Need to find out if the Warriors staff cleared him prematurely.

10. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

I think deep down he knew he would be immortalized if he came back and won a championship... He's so worried about his image to a fault.. I'm sure a couple people was in his ear saying " This is would be your moment, your legacy"...

saleem, hakeem94 and Pistol Pete like this.
  11. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Again,

Warriors had NOTHING to lose by bringing Durant on early even though they very well knew there is a high chance of him busting his Achilles.

1) They had a very good idea he was bolting over the summer, so they did not care about his re-injury. I can guarantee you that if he was under a multi year contract, he would have NEVER been played. But because he was going to be a free agent and very likely leaving, they had nothing to lose by gambling with his health.

2) And if he injures himself, like he has, they actually have a better chance of resigning him.

Bob Meyers and the Warriors manipulated the press knowing full well how Durant's fragile ego would react. Durant is too worried about his image and fell for it.

It was a really disgusting and low class move by the Warriors and Durant is too dumb to even realize it.

Durant's twitter should be bombarded by everyone letting him know how he got used and abused by the Warriors.

saleem, gatsby, ghettocheeze and 11 others like this.
  12. shlhl

shlhl Member

No sure you want tied 31 minillion to a player not going to play for you for a year. Everybody speculate this. I don't think even Warriors itself expect something like this will happen.

13. mastan

mastan Member

Agreed.. Durant was under tremendous pressure from Warriors and their side-kicks in media to play in game 5. I guess he reluctantly had to admit to play.

saleem and cheke64 like this.
  14. biina

biina Member

The problem wasnt Durant getting on the court, but that he got carried away and started playing like he was 100%.

All he needed to do was be a spot up shooter and an extra body on defence, and he was less likely to suffer the injury

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  15. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

At least he's still rich...

16. RocketDream

RocketDream Member

Yes, absolutely. I'm reasonably sure they engineered his injury during the Rockets series in the first place, since they knew they were losing him and wanted to sabotage his career. They also keep harvesting organs from orphaned children to keep Stephen Curry moderately healthy and no one can convince me differently.

jevjnd likes this.
  17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think it is wrong to just accuse the Franchise, although it is very easy.

Worriers hoped he was okay, he gave his consent, and he wasn't okay.

All pointed to DeMarcus Cousins re-injuring himself. Nobody could have known.

Depthwise they needed more healthy bodies, well, it is unfortunate.

#17 daywalker02, Jun 12, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
  18. Roxfreak724

Roxfreak724 Member

Well, the medical staff obviously didn't tell him to take it easy. He wasn't on any sort of minutes restriction. The decisions to both allow him to play and then to let him play in that manner (12 of the first 14 minutes, basically a normal game for a healthy Durant) was a colossal organizational failure.

saleem, Hakeemtheking and cheke64 like this.
  19. jevjnd

jevjnd Contributing Member

I think that some of you heard Isaiah Thomas explain that a partial Achilles tear never heals. The Warriors will take care of him or Bob Myers will resign. That’s what I believe. Not sure if he’ll ever be the same again but I’m actually kind of hoping the Warriors win now and Kawhi leaves. Put those fans back in their rightful place.

20. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

Sad this happened while he still in his prime

mastan and BaselineFade like this.