1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Shams] Durant has an Achilles injury

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by mikol13, Jun 10, 2019.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

That he would. :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

plutoblue11 and KingCheetah like this.
  2. topfive

topfive CF OG

I was serious, but I'm not trying to draw a perfectly straight comparison. I'm just saying that there are many reasons why a team would not want to come right out and say someone won't be available for a playoff game if there's any doubt whatsoever. The Rockets absolutely knew CP3 would NOT be back, but they played it close to the vest anyway, as they should have.

hakeem94 likes this.
  3. Asian Sensation

The explosion, speed and reaction time combined with his length is what made him a top 3 player. He’ll come back for sure but it’s not like he’s ever going to regain his form that some considered (rightfully so) to be the best player in the league. I’m not saying he’s gonna be a scrub and completely drop off by any means but I’m also not expecting him to be the same franchise changing stud. He was that good. Nobody tears their Achilles and picks up where they left off at age 32-33.
    18-20 ppg guy that shows flashes sure. Dominant MVP KD? I can’t see it. I’d love to be wrong.

plutoblue11, hakeem94 and DreamShook like this.
  4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Using subterfuge to get in the minds of your opponents when divulging a diagnosis is one thing, but GSW played it so close to the vest they let the media attack KD for sitting KNOWING KD reads everything and gets in his feelings.

Then they let KD play knowing he got ultra lucky the first time with a "calf strain". That is some of the most sinister sh-t to ever be done by any franchise. The Rocket saying CP3 might be able to play is no where even close to the bullsh-t GSW did to KD.

5. PatBev

PatBev Member

Bro I think KD is the biggest b**** behind lebron but seeing that ripple go throughout his leg when he tore it honestly hurt me a bit

hakeem94 and JumpMan like this.
  6. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I was the one saying that **** was serious, rox were downplaying it

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

don't think so. the rockets knew it was a long shot for him to play. they never once said the chances of him returning to the series was favorable and it was unrealistic. fans just hoping he would return has no bearing on that

clutchdabear likes this.
  8. topfive

topfive CF OG

Don't have time to find an official Rockets source, but a quick googling turned us this:

https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/05...ul-out-for-game-of-western-conference-finals/
    So they knew he couldn't play, but refused to officially rule him out until just before game time. The Warriors knew he likely wouldn't play, but probably had to game plan for him as a contingency.

Never said it was the same situation, just that it's not uncommon for teams to lie about stuff like this during the playoffs. The Warriors biggest mistake wasn't how they handled it in the press, it was allowing him to play at all.

9. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

I'm sad to see Durant go down with injury but I'm not losing any sleep over it. He took the easy route for the rings and got greedy for more, should have just not played. Hes already getting criticized as a p***y btch, getting a 3rd potential ring isnt going to change that. Health should have came first.

10. BigBum

BigBum Member

GS still plan to sign him long term.

11. Asian Sensation

Imagine if he didn’t tear his Achilles, stayed healthy, played at his typical finals MVP level and led the Warriors back from being down 3-1.

He would’ve won his 3rd ring and proven that the Warriors are indeed mere mortals without him. He would’ve gotten all the credit and accolades for being the difference maker which he is.

For KD it would’ve further cemented his legacy and I think for him deep down he probably would’ve gotten a lot self redemption in once again showing that The Warriors actually do and did need him and not so much that he needed the Warriors which was always the narrative since day 1 as a Warrior.

There’s blame being pointed in all directions from his teammates to doctors, management, staff, media, coaches, trainers and then some. You could argue all day about whose fault it is with differing opinions and nobody coming to an agreement.

For me personally.... KD knew what was on the line for his legacy and place in history when he’s all done. Ultimately, he’s a grown ass 30 year old man that knows his body better than anyone else. He felt good enough to go, chased greatness and the worst thing that could’ve possibly happened happened.

BG was ruled out rest of regular season on April 1st. Detroit luckily makes the playoffs and got steamrolled by the Bucks and were down 0-2. Blake’s paid, he’s set, he’s viewed as not caring etc. nobody would’ve been surprised or upset if he never came back. Come back for what anyways? Yet he came back for much less on the line and put it all out there. He re-injured a pre-existing injury. Nobody evens bats an eye.

My point? Blake made his own choice just like KD made ultimately made his own decision. Kawhi’s Situation is similar but it’s not but ultimately in the end he decided for himself.

12. amaru

amaru Member

A big component of KD's game is explosiveness and balance. All that stopping on a dime and elevating, the drives to the rim all of that will be affected by his Achilles injury. It was an explosive move that caused him to tear it.

hakeem94 and DreamShook like this.
  13. amaru

amaru Member

Not surprising. Fans forget that this is a job for these guys. Hell I've seen fans complain about NBA player only "caring about money"....as if they would work for less than their market value in the majority of cases. It comes down to people taking a game too seriously.

plutoblue11 likes this.
  14. cheke64

cheke64 Member

2 years later we still don't know what happened to Luc Mbah Moutes shoulder. MRI machines have all been destroyed.

15. csnerd84

csnerd84 Member

16. John Harvey

John Harvey Member

This whole thing is crazy. I hate the guy when he's healthy but felt bad seeing him limp off. I'd like to hear the true story about why he played. Was he pressured by the Warriors or did KD pressure the Warriors to let him play?

gotsis and plutoblue11 like this.
  17. John Harvey

John Harvey Member

If they max out KD doesn't that effect Clay and Draymond?

18. BigBum

BigBum Member

I guess they can only keep 3 stars after 2021. One of them deal for rookie contract.

GS Dr Bledzo said Durant will miss 6 months to 1 year.

hakeem94 likes this.
  19. John Harvey

John Harvey Member

For sure 1 year. No way they rush him back again. Imagine if he was to come back early and re-injure. No chance he plays next year imo.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  20. BigBum

BigBum Member

If playing for clippers, he has to return in April. They need him.

hakeem94 likes this.