1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Shams] Durant has an Achilles injury

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by mikol13, Jun 10, 2019.

1. astros123

astros123 Member

You have mental issues. Shouldnt wish anyone to tear their Achilles. Classless

2. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

not saying that i wish he had this injury, why would i care if he got injured or not, he is still getting paid hundreds of thousands of dollars next year, i am only saying the way he handled his career, how he left OKC and joined a 73 win team, he deserves this injury, because he is too soft to try to beat that 73 win GSW team, he is too insecure to stay out of a pivotal game, because he fears people would say see, he is too soft, he is leaving anyway, why would he risk his health and the next max contract.

this is a way GOD teaches people, buddy, learn from it

hakeem94 likes this.
  3. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Yeah. Tim Kawakami should be getting a lot of criticism for this article... he's been humbled by it.

Deuce, clutchdabear, hakeem94 and 5 others like this.
  4. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

He is 7 foot and he can shoot. How much athleticism does he need.

hakeem94, javal_lon and daywalker02 like this.
  5. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

you're a ******* psychopath if you think "god" would give two flying sh!ts about where and why a basketball player decided play.

6. MD_in_Training

Bob Myers watched a few soap operas to come up with that acting performance. I half expected someone to yell “cut” and Bob to burst out laughing.

But that’s unfortunate for Durant. Golden state really did him dirty here for bringing him back. Bob and the whole front office are POS. Wish KD best of luck. He is still a max contract level player.

clutchdabear, hakeem94 and RyanB like this.
  7. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

8. HTM

HTM Member

Perk told him man!

9. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

Hey u apparently enjoy forming an adult basketball team beating preschool kids in a basketball game and claim yourself a champion, go ahead, enjoy it, u can claim yourself MVP as well. That is an exaggeration of what KD did, but it is sort of what he tried to do, don't pull that **** " yeah i am a basketball player i can decide where and why i play!" Go play in a kindergarden then, i am fan, i am entitled to have my own opinion on sports and athletes, and i paid to watch them, while i admire the old time guys like MJ, Magic, Bird, i dislike this new generation players, especially lebron and KD the so called best players, who are soft and have no real appetite for competition

10. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

If I’m KD, I opt in and sit out the whole year. Collect those checks and see how the NBA shapes up after next season.

Pistol Pete and RyanB like this.
  11. cheke64

cheke64 Member

When I heard they installed secret cameras during Mark Jackson coaching tenure I knew he was a pos. His face alone validates it

pippendagimp likes this.
  12. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Preach Jalen!

13. Major

Major Member

LOL. I wonder what God thinks about judgmental people like you, and what kind of wrath karma has in store for you.

SWTsig likes this.
  14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Kevin will die trying winning his 3rd Finals MVP.

15. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Nobody deserves an injury man, Also he’ll get paid 30 mil next year at minimum, and will earn himself another100 mil before he retires. KD has already set future generations up for life..

hakeem94 likes this.
  16. BigBum

BigBum Member

He has to take 1 or 2 year contracts. Knicks don’t give him 3year deal in 2020.
    Knicks have to tank 4 more years, tanking is very competitive. Suns, bulls, hawks, cavs and many are tanking leaders,

javal_lon likes this.
  17. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Unethical or incompetent act by the GSW. Is there a 3rd possibility - I guess it could just be plain bad luck.

18. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

On that topic, this is where the 1-2 year deals can bite you in the ass. Durant had every opportunity to sign a 4-5 year contract during recent summers when he was a free agent. And given that he missed almost an entire year due to a broken foot not that long ago, it wasn't exactly the worst idea to consider.

The dude is set for life financially(provided Iverson or Pippen ain't his role model), so I'm not feeling sorry for him. But there's a reason some athletes take the long-term deal when it's available. Just ask John Wall.

19. Von Rafer

Von Rafer Member

KD will certainly decline after this injury, I thought he would lead the Knicks to the Finals with AD next year. It's unknown if Davis will even consider the Knicks now.

Durant, to remain a superstar, will have to change his game and mold it after Dirk; only showing flashes of his ability to take guys off the dribble, and declining in transition.

Even with all the defecting to a 73-win team stuff, it sucks to see the best player in the world quickly dethroned due to a devastating injury.

BamBam likes this.
  20. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Guaranteed he'll get the supermax from somebody... A post-injury Durant is still better than these other mfers up for max deals(Klay,Kemba,etc)..