1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Austin Rivers response to Game 6

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets13champs, Jun 6, 2019.

1. rockets13champs

He’s also a prime minister. I can tell you’re desi already for using this reference LOL

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  2. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

So BSPN wants to push the narrative that the Rockets lost because Harden didn't try hard enough. What I'm hearing is that they think he could have single handedly beat one of the best teams ever assembled if he wanted to.

Media thinks Harden is a god.

Richie_Rich, brosef and Rocket River like this.
  3. bj3175

bj3175 Member

I think we are all disappointed in game 6. Guys on the team are looking at James as they should. He did not play the game he needed to play he is capable of better play he proved it in Game 3 and 4. He was not to be denied, with that said D'antoni is also responsible for his lack of leadership. I lover our team just like it is .We can beat and should have beaten anybody that we played. But we have to squeeze and utilize every piece of talent. James cannot do that much and then be expected to play to the caliber that he is able to. Our game plan is flawed because James has to play super great every game for us to win. No volume scorer even M.j. or Kobe has had to do this much.

amaru and cheke64 like this.
  4. HP3

HP3 Member

So here is the rest of the interview, I guess you could argue its not strong enough of a defense. It actually seems more like hes criticizing our system. Well whatever the case there it is.

Vivi, RayRay10 and rockets11206 like this.
  5. skenney1993

skenney1993 Member

Then why did he score 30+ points 40 games in a row in the regular season? He did it to win when the team faced injuries. If he wants a party lifestyle so badly, he could've lost more games in the season to miss the playoffs and start clubbing a month earlier.

RayRay10 likes this.
  6. Hmc415

Hmc415 Member

It's ok he's usually wrong. The past 2 years, he said okc was gsw biggest threat in the west

juanm34 likes this.
  7. rockets11206

rockets11206 Member

LOL i mean Austin Rivers is a professional basketball player who played for us and his reactions says everything that all of us homers have to swallow. Not only is this not a defense against Jackson, he is laughing at our system and validates their point.

This system is not conducive to a championship and it is not a fun system for anyone outside of James Harden and occasionally CP I mean i'm just trying to understand one thing....Why the hell if your james harden is it so hard to move around a little on the offensive end? I mean what is so difficult about trying to free yourself up and playing off the ball for a few plays a quarter? kawhi does it, why can't you?

8. DustinS

DustinS Contributing Member

No player has ever made me more torn than James Harden.

Torn n Frayed likes this.
  9. rockets11206

rockets11206 Member

Not onl

The more I watch Kawhi vs the Warriors and I get its a depleted team, however I'm realizing that James Harden is also apart of the issue. Kawhi puts himself in a position to score before getting the ball on nearly ever possession. Also trusts his teammates more, hence why Van Vleet, Siakam, Lowry, Ibaka are beginning to thrive in this series.

10. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Because Toronto actually runs offensive sets that calls for motion from all its players. If you ever played pick up ball you know it’s not as easy as “hey I’m gonna move around without an actual route or goal and hope that whoever has the ball will find me wide open”.

HP3 and bj3175 like this.
  11. steddinotayto

Not picking on you but how can Harden “trust” his teammates any more than he did this year? You’re insinuating that he hogs the ball and don’t allow his teammates to create. Well hate to break it to you but the team was built around Harden’s ability to create open shots for his teammates. And let’s not compare supporting casts between what Harden has vs what Kawhi has. Siakam would instantly be the 2nd best player on this team.

12. rockets11206

rockets11206 Member

Your telling me that if he tells Dantoni he wants off the ball action, it won't happen? Suns ran a lot of off ball and moved well without the basketball while Nash did create for others too. Our offense has progressively become more isolation heavy as the regular season goes on and into the playoffs. Harden when Cp3 has the ball tells me everything I need to know about his desire to move.

13. steddinotayto

Apples and Oranges. Nash is a better point guard than Harden but Harden has more scoring duties than Nash ever did. Also IIRC it wasn’t Harden’s choice to go iso heavy. MDA has to take some of the blame with the credit on that one. As for Paul I’m not arguing that the offense doesn’t look better but if you, the coach, can’t draw up scenarios for Harden to execute off-ball then what good are you?

rgw20014life and HP3 like this.
  14. AXG

AXG Member

Without Harden, the Rockets wouldn't be nearly as good. Houston doesn't have the luxury of Golden State where one or two of their stars can go cold and still win. The Rockets don't have a secondary scorer or the depth of other teams. It's Harden or bust and even that might not be sufficient.

15. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Kawhi's team is more talented than ours. Besides, are you going to excuse Kawhi for faking an injury and quitting on the Spurs for 73 games?

16. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

I just went and watched the last half of the 4th quarter again.

Um. James was trying - he set screens, he rebounded, he attacked, he scored. What more can he do?
    2 dreadful turnovers (one a Dray flop, the other Paul sits at halfcourt waiting for the inbounds instead of coming to the ball)

Basically Curry was unconscious. Sux. But it happened.

17. Rasheed

Rasheed Member

She thicc cause she pre-diabetic

DreamShook likes this.
  18. steddinotayto

He needed to hit shots for his teammates. That’s the least he should be doing. Like literally get behind them and guide their arms in the air and help them release the ball.

19. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

The only people that defend our system are posters on here and Daryl himself (maybe he’s not confident in it either). Not having played a level of at least HS b-ball is something they have in common—to nobody’s surprise

Highlyrated likes this.
  20. Highlyrated

Highlyrated Member

Its not like austin denied wat jackson was saying ,dude was speaken the truth